Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678156 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #270 on: August 23, 2015, 07:47:03 pm »

On the other hand if you colonize Madagascar you got the most resilient place in the world when it comes to plagues.

Dat Plague Inc. reference dere.
HURG

IT WAS FROM PANDEMIC YOU GIT!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 23, 2015, 07:57:03 pm »

In all seriousness, I'm really looking forward to this as it would be a good setting for mods that you couldn't do in HOI 3, like a One-Year War (Gundam) mod.
I thought  HOI was doing well for mods? Or do you mean "You can't do space battles in HOI 3"? (I really have no idea if that's true, there's a space mod for CKII, so why not HOI3?)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

GundamMerc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 24, 2015, 02:55:09 am »

On the other hand if you colonize Madagascar you got the most resilient place in the world when it comes to plagues.

HURG

They're both the same game.

GundamMerc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 24, 2015, 02:58:26 am »

In all seriousness, I'm really looking forward to this as it would be a good setting for mods that you couldn't do in HOI 3, like a One-Year War (Gundam) mod.
I thought  HOI was doing well for mods? Or do you mean "You can't do space battles in HOI 3"? (I really have no idea if that's true, there's a space mod for CKII, so why not HOI3?)

The issue was more to do with the One Year War had both a planetary theater of war and a space theater of war. You can do one of either, but it is really hard to do both.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 24, 2015, 09:29:15 am »

HURG

Are we talking this Pandemic? Because then no, not by a long shot.

I'm jazzed. Even if this turns out to be Crusader Kings in Space, that alone is a good thing. I'm hoping somebody does a HOI3->Stellaris converter.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 24, 2015, 10:30:00 am »

HURG

Are we talking this Pandemic? Because then no, not by a long shot.
Pandemic the online flash game.  I don't think it has any direct relation to the board game Pandemic; you play it the other way around, as the virus taking over the world.

EDIT: I think this is where you can find it now.  Sorry, it's been a few years for me, and I didn't pick up Plague, Inc. yet.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:38:12 am by Culise »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 24, 2015, 12:17:29 pm »

It's free on android (with some features being unlockables or something).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #277 on: August 25, 2015, 12:20:20 am »

I indeed confirm that I played Pandemic first, though I played Plague Inc.
Except that Plague Inc. Madagascar is nothing compared to Pandemic Madagascar, it's just not that big thing anymore, the other places are worse. The reference lost it's strength.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Besserwisser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 25, 2015, 05:22:25 am »

There's even a popular German song about some guys on a pestilence-infested ship who just can't get on the damn island.

PTW.
DF is about learning from your mistakes, and then making them over and over again... on purpose.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 25, 2015, 07:44:23 am »

I indeed confirm that I played Pandemic first, though I played Plague Inc.
Except that Plague Inc. Madagascar is nothing compared to Pandemic Madagascar, it's just not that big thing anymore, the other places are worse. The reference lost it's strength.
Yeah, Iceland is worse than Madagascar in Plague Inc. Pandemic Madagascar is awful. Honestly, the only game I ever won with it was one where I started in Madagascar.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 25, 2015, 10:51:59 am »

I won my very first game of Pandemic, I don't think I started in Madagascar, I just got lucky enough to spread there before President Madagascar noticed someone coughing on the fucking moon.

Haven't won a game since :P

Indeed, I do this.

GundamMerc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 25, 2015, 02:17:41 pm »

I won my very first game of Pandemic, I don't think I started in Madagascar, I just got lucky enough to spread there before President Madagascar noticed someone coughing on the fucking moon.

Haven't won a game since :P

Pandemic went beyond challenging and into the realm of artificial difficulty. That's why I prefer Plague Inc. It's more balanced.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 26, 2015, 06:03:33 am »

Its also not free, but we should probably stop cluttering the thread with our disease and get back to our spacemans

Indeed, I do this.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 26, 2015, 06:19:06 am »

I'm unreasonably hyped about this, considering how badly all awesome-on-paper 4X have failed in the past. Knowing Paradox, this will be buggy as hell on release and require ten DLCs to rise to its full potential. Plus the most awesome content will be provided by modders. I still want to preorder it though.

It is like dating a girl who is malicious idiot, but just so goddamn hot you can't help yourself.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 26, 2015, 10:53:14 am »

PTW, certainly.

I'm unreasonably hyped about this, considering how badly all awesome-on-paper 4X have failed in the past. Knowing Paradox, this will be buggy as hell on release and require ten DLCs to rise to its full potential. Plus the most awesome content will be provided by modders. I still want to preorder it though.

It is like dating a girl who is malicious idiot, but just so goddamn hot you can't help yourself.

To be fair, CK2 wasn't as buggy as some others when it first came out.  Maybe they're learning a bit; this is also a new IP so first impressions matter harder.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 632