Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678255 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #1575 on: April 24, 2016, 12:48:10 am »

So IE is bad at plugins? Guess that explains things.
IE is bad at everything, really. To the extent that Microsoft made a whole new browser rather than keep updating it.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: April 24, 2016, 02:25:56 am »

So IE is bad at plugins? Guess that explains things.
IE is bad at everything, really. To the extent that Microsoft made a whole new browser rather than keep updating it.

That new browser kept slowing down/ crashing  every 2-3 minutes on freshly bought ultrabook. I suppose, that insignia of internet explorer is cursed.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: April 24, 2016, 02:41:40 am »

Anecdotes!
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: April 24, 2016, 10:25:34 am »

I use uBlock Origin on Chrome. It's more efficient than AdBlock, iirc. I also use uMatrix, but that's more complicated.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: April 24, 2016, 11:36:29 am »

I use uBlock Origin on Chrome. It's more efficient than AdBlock, iirc. I also use uMatrix, but that's more complicated.

uBlock is fantastic, but I've found it can mess up some sites by being a bit too vigorous sometimes.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: April 24, 2016, 03:33:29 pm »

I'm aberrant, and never been bother by ads. I'll even watch them fully on occasion.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: April 24, 2016, 04:13:04 pm »

I'm aberrant, and never been bother by ads. I'll even watch them fully on occasion.

It depends where you go - most main stream sites it's not needed for, but there are some places where it's pretty much impossible to see the site through the ads.

I fully support adblock's method of only blocking intrusive or spammy ads though, and I really think that's the way to go.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1582 on: April 24, 2016, 07:53:45 pm »

I don't mind ads when they're part of the site's UI - like on Google, the ad links are the first to show up. I mean, I'm not going to click them, but it's vastly preferable to having some square in the corner of the page looking completely out of place.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: April 25, 2016, 12:57:49 am »

If you want to use privacy options, I recommend ghostery and ublock. Many ads track you, so it is more than just avoiding seeing them. AdBlock sold out some time ago, you shouldn't use them anymore. Basically, corporations pay them to be shown and/or allowed to track you.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: April 25, 2016, 01:00:36 am »

This game looks like several games I've wanted to exist at various points in my life.  My friend made the mistake of showing me the Blorg LP too far away from the release date and now the wait has become very difficult to endure, even tho its just 2 weeks.

Still have a few quibbles with what I've seen.  It seems too hard to get info on other nations planets/fleets especially if they are hostile to you, I wish alliances would be neutral to their allies' rebels (seems like it would make alliances needlessly stable and powerful), and I have some reservations about the Galactic Civs style trade diplomacy (not that Galactic Civs diplomacy isn't great, but I've grown to like Paradox style one-way diplomacy).  Still, the Blorg LP looked surprisingly playable by Paradox initial release standards and the game is only going to be expanded on as things go on.

Its funny, this game reminds me of Distant Worlds more than anything else.  The similarities are really striking.  But where Distant Worlds is one of the most needlessly granular and micromanagy games I've ever played, this looks like it strikes a nice balance between control and automation.  Not to mention the one thing I wanted in Distant Worlds was actually good diplomacy and this is being made by Paradox.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: April 25, 2016, 01:45:40 am »

This game looks like several games I've wanted to exist at various points in my life.  My friend made the mistake of showing me the Blorg LP too far away from the release date and now the wait has become very difficult to endure, even tho its just 2 weeks.

Still have a few quibbles with what I've seen.  It seems too hard to get info on other nations planets/fleets especially if they are hostile to you, I wish alliances would be neutral to their allies' rebels (seems like it would make alliances needlessly stable and powerful), and I have some reservations about the Galactic Civs style trade diplomacy (not that Galactic Civs diplomacy isn't great, but I've grown to like Paradox style one-way diplomacy).  Still, the Blorg LP looked surprisingly playable by Paradox initial release standards and the game is only going to be expanded on as things go on.

Its funny, this game reminds me of Distant Worlds more than anything else.  The similarities are really striking.  But where Distant Worlds is one of the most needlessly granular and micromanagy games I've ever played, this looks like it strikes a nice balance between control and automation.  Not to mention the one thing I wanted in Distant Worlds was actually good diplomacy and this is being made by Paradox.
Thank you for bringing us back on track. *salute*

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: April 25, 2016, 02:02:12 am »

That was basically my PTW post so I didn't even know what the track was :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: April 25, 2016, 02:37:00 am »

Track was fanfic about tentacular teenage boys meeting angsty catgirls.

The one thing I really liked about Distant Worlds was the way the universe felt alive. All the civilian traffic, economic activities and so forth were nice to just watch. This seems to be something Stellaris lacks. At least so far I've only seen government-owned ships, mainly military and constructors, science vessels & colony ships.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: April 25, 2016, 02:45:20 am »

Stellaris has a feeling of life on the planets.  You've got diverse space populations rubbing up against each other and changing their world views and all that good stuff.  Space is pretty barren.  Distant Worlds really bustled, I'll give it that.  It was hard to tell what a lot of the private ships actually did from a game perspective or how you could interact with them.  As I pirate you could board them and turn them into smugglers, so that was cool.

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: April 25, 2016, 02:57:59 am »

Wonder how long it'll be before someone makes a dyson swarm mod.
You have to kill your son or nuke the commonwealth.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 632