Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678247 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #1785 on: May 09, 2016, 03:00:45 pm »

We've established communications with our first alien contacts. Immediately said "You walk the path of heresy, alien scum!"

Praise the Emprah.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1786 on: May 09, 2016, 03:04:30 pm »

Just woke up! Stellaris is here! I should have left my computer on overnight to download, but I didn't. I don't have time to play this morning anyway :'(
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: May 09, 2016, 03:05:55 pm »

I'm slowly annihilating my way across the galaxy as fanatic materialists. However, it turns out I'm completely surrounded by other materialists so I'm not sure who to attack or if I'm supposed to be enemies with them.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: May 09, 2016, 03:14:07 pm »

I'm slowly annihilating my way across the galaxy as fanatic materialists. However, it turns out I'm completely surrounded by other materialists so I'm not sure who to attack or if I'm supposed to be enemies with them.
Ally with some to kill others, then kill your allies.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: May 09, 2016, 04:05:09 pm »

Ally with some to kill others, then kill your allies.
I ended up killing everyone. I had a super lucky start with 5 continental planets next to me. I outnumber everyone by such a massive margin.

Now I have so many alien homeworlds and their populations under my control. Not sure what to do with them. I'm not allowed to purge them and I think my slavery   allowance rate isn't very high.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1790 on: May 09, 2016, 04:06:23 pm »

Okay so who is up for a succession game? Make a government whose leader rules for life, pass the game on to the next person on death and write about what is happening along the way.

Alternatively for faster turns, use a government that elects every 4-5 years and pass the game once another candidate wins. Only rule is no using influence to stack/change the vote.

Basically any of them work, just pass the game when the leader changes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1791 on: May 09, 2016, 04:11:59 pm »

I'd be up for that.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1792 on: May 09, 2016, 04:17:29 pm »

I'd be up for that.
I probably can't start tonight, irl commitments, but tomorrow I could. I'll make a separate thread to see if there is enough interest

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: May 09, 2016, 04:31:43 pm »

So I want to make a human indirect democracy, but the best I got is "Republic of Terra" or "United Earth Republic".

Anyone got a better name?
The Roman Empire.  Finally restored.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: May 09, 2016, 05:30:17 pm »

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: May 09, 2016, 06:38:50 pm »

I just discovered that one my empire's neighbours is a Fallen Empire.
I would not have to worry much however, because it is Fanatic Xenophile.
Although I do wonder what makes them hostile (aside from declaring war against them).

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: May 09, 2016, 06:40:59 pm »

I just discovered that one my empire's neighbours is a Fallen Empire.
I would not have to worry much however, because it is Fanatic Xenophile.
Although I do wonder what makes them hostile (aside from declaring war against them).

Purges.  They react really, really very badly to abuses of sapient rights in their neighbours.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: May 09, 2016, 06:43:06 pm »

Well I have done away with any purge policies.
However I am a bit worried because I still have slaves working in my mines. (Collectivist species.)

edit: By the way, if anyone want my empire in their game.
Go to your documents folder, and the Paradox Interactive folder there. Then open up the user_empire_designs with notepad or something.
Then you just have to copy and paste the following somewhere there. (Most likely below all your other custom empires.)

edit: it uses teh Domnation flag pack, so if you don't have that.. I do not know what will happen if you try to use this.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:14:11 pm by Ultimuh »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: May 09, 2016, 07:02:35 pm »

i saw a pirate ship named comet sighted in a lets play a wile back. anyway enjoying the game immensely. i just cant find the aliens! their are 20 in the galaxy and i have only found a few pre space and a non sentient. that and a plant pot floating around a sun.

also:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
that disappointment

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: May 09, 2016, 07:09:08 pm »

i saw a pirate ship named comet sighted in a lets play a wile back. anyway enjoying the game immensely. i just cant find the aliens! their are 20 in the galaxy and i have only found a few pre space and a non sentient. that and a plant pot floating around a sun.
Heh, don't knock the chance to get a bit of breathing space.  In my first game, I contacted two presapients and one spacefaring equal.  Fanatic Materialistic Pacifists, meet Fanatic Spiritual Xenophobes.  I'd best start building my fleet up before they decide to spread the word of their Blorg and Savior to our homeworld, I think. ^_^
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 632