Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678096 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #5625 on: December 08, 2017, 02:50:06 pm »

"Up to", as in I can see the repeatable tech but haven't researched it yet.  Which was an ambiguous wording I'll give you that.

And no I did not know that Gravitas.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5626 on: December 08, 2017, 02:52:50 pm »

you guys know theres a tooltip on the age that tells you yearly death percentage chance right
You mean like the one shown in Criptfeind's screenshot? Yeah we know.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: December 08, 2017, 03:10:15 pm »

you guys know theres a tooltip on the age that tells you yearly death percentage chance right

try again, jackass

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: December 08, 2017, 03:19:53 pm »

Jeez guys. Amplify your chillaxatude levels dudes. Don't you know that harmony can give you +20 years to your lifespan? So, seek harmony with each other :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5629 on: December 08, 2017, 04:21:54 pm »

try again, jackass

My bad. Keep pointing out the obvious for the people who aren't paying attention. :)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: December 08, 2017, 04:56:42 pm »

Annnnnnnnywayyyyy...

So, I went ahead and found out all the lifespan extension stuff. (Afik)

Races start out with 72 years, you get +10 from Vitality Boosters, +10 from each of the lifespan extension policies (for +20 total), +20 from one of the first things in the harmony tree, and +5 years from each tier of the repeatable life extension technology. The accession paths all have their own lifespan boost, Synths are immortal of course, and the genetic dudes can probably pick up a LOT of lifespan, but it's probably not worthwhile, psi have a fairly common event for +40 lifespan (that's what many of my dudes in the screen shot have). There's also the personal trait that gives 20 years of course.

So, I'm thinking realistically, to get to the end of the tech tree with a low leader lifespan, you could be egalitarians who are on a super conquering spree so your unity tanks and you never bother to pick up harmony or ascend. That'd leave you with a 82 year lifespan, or probably around 40-45ish years of service from your dudes. At least until you hit the repeatable techs. Although that's still not 75 years (afaik it's impossible to get to the repeatable tech with such a low min age, so I'm guessing it was either: Not old age, some negative trait, or some other version of the game) it's still pretty low and you would have to swap out leaders much more often. Of course if you take over the whole galaxy like that the game's probably going to end pretty quickly, so give and take on that front.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: December 08, 2017, 05:10:10 pm »

The more I think about it, the more I realize robots are probably the only time I've had fun in this game.

I get a feeling that every other time I played it was more an expectation to have fun, but never really having any. But when I was playing robots I had moments of jubilation when I started turning organics into matrix batteries. I enjoyed all the custom text and responses that robots have. I enjoyed not having to micro stupid little factions that don't do anything other than be annoying. It was fun just being able to become gigantic with no artificial barriers or bullshit nonsense mechanics holding me back.

In a way the game was made simpler, but it was more fun for me. Because a lot of superfluous things that Stellaris has were cut out and I completely forgot they existed. I didn't have to care about populations, ethics, drift, migration, or even diplomacy. I didn't have to care about the limitations of the game in trying to play a role the game can't handle other than expand and conquer the map... because that's basically what robots want to do anyway.

It makes me wonder if I should play CK2 with some kind of feature cut. Just remove everything and keep the essence. Maybe it'd be way more fun.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: December 08, 2017, 07:02:43 pm »

The more I think about it, the more I realize robots are probably the only time I've had fun in this game.

I get a feeling that every other time I played it was more an expectation to have fun, but never really having any. But when I was playing robots I had moments of jubilation when I started turning organics into matrix batteries. I enjoyed all the custom text and responses that robots have. I enjoyed not having to micro stupid little factions that don't do anything other than be annoying. It was fun just being able to become gigantic with no artificial barriers or bullshit nonsense mechanics holding me back.

In a way the game was made simpler, but it was more fun for me. Because a lot of superfluous things that Stellaris has were cut out and I completely forgot they existed. I didn't have to care about populations, ethics, drift, migration, or even diplomacy. I didn't have to care about the limitations of the game in trying to play a role the game can't handle other than expand and conquer the map... because that's basically what robots want to do anyway.

It makes me wonder if I should play CK2 with some kind of feature cut. Just remove everything and keep the essence. Maybe it'd be way more fun.

offtopic but this is how i feel about Conclave and Reaper's Due. they really went downhill once they ran out of culture/religion expansions to add.

generally i liked synthetic dawn and kind of utopia for that same reason. it's way better to add different approaches to the paradox games (purifiers with no diplomacy / hive minds / even the batshit servitors) than to add stupid complications where none had existed before.

i'm ambivalent about 2.0 for exactly this reason. some of it sounds like it'll actually make the game better. some of it just sounds like bullshit busywork to slow down the player.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5633 on: December 08, 2017, 10:56:29 pm »

I find it funny how everyone gravitates to the swarms/purifiers/robits because they're the ones that place the least faith in the AI being useful to the player outside of kitchen meat or biobatteries

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: December 09, 2017, 11:56:43 am »

Let me rephrase my question: is Stellaris at this point worth playing to such an extent that buying the gameplay DLC is worth it?
Nah. Maybe the next patch, since it seems big.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: December 09, 2017, 11:59:02 am »

I just came here to say that this game is stealing my time and ruining my life, thanks for listening. Now I will ruin someone else's life
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: December 09, 2017, 12:57:01 pm »

I just came here to say that this game is stealing my time and ruining my life, thanks for listening. Now I will ruin someone else's life

that's the honeymoon phase, it'll brush off fast enough

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: December 10, 2017, 08:07:55 pm »

I find it funny how everyone gravitates to the swarms/purifiers/robits because they're the ones that place the least faith in the AI being useful to the player outside of kitchen meat or biobatteries
currently somewhat new to the game, but I have to say that being unable to perform diplomacy with organics is NOT increasing my survival rates
Crack-a-lack-a

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: December 11, 2017, 03:31:24 am »

Yeah, I find that while I use the *tactics* of conquering all my enemies and converting them into biobatteries, it helps to be able to talk to all the other organics and trade energy for minerals to build even larger deathfleets. I find the 'bonuses' from being a berserker race don't nearly match what you lose.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5639 on: December 11, 2017, 11:04:48 am »

Yeah, I find that while I use the *tactics* of conquering all my enemies and converting them into biobatteries, it helps to be able to talk to all the other organics and trade energy for minerals to build even larger deathfleets. I find the 'bonuses' from being a berserker race don't nearly match what you lose.
I find it more valuable as long as you can eliminate the enclaves, denying their use to everyone. Then you sit tight and build ringworld after ringworld, swarming the world with your fleets. It's great fun
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 632