Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 236915 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1530 on: August 10, 2018, 08:11:25 am »

Frost can't go afk in any content where you actually need him rather than use him to be extra lazy. Gotta be casting globe every four seconds in high level content because even the absorbed health from level 100+ enemies won't keep it up long.

As for Gara, she became strictly inferior to Frost as a defensive frame when Mass Vitrify got nerfed. Remember, it used to be invulnerable just like Snow Globe always has been, except it was invulnerable for the full (long) duration rather than the first four seconds. That on top of it blocking enemies entirely rather than just blocking fire from outside and slowing (+freezing with the augment) ones that walked inside. She was the definition of power creep and got nerfed for a reason.

She's in a decent spot right now. 90% DR is right up there with the other frames that are survivable but not outright invincible--still strictly inferior to Rhino, Limbo, Inaros, Frost (on defense), Wukong, (effectively) Oberon, &c., but about as good as post-nerf Trinity, Mesa, Nova, &c. and she has mid-tier area defense and single-target ability damage.

The Splinter Storm -> Mass Vitrify -> Shattered Lash damage buff is... eh. Yeah, technically and hypothetically infinite scaling, but it's very short ranged and takes a shitload of casts of three separate abilities to get damage numbers that you can get from a single cast on a number of other frames. And, functionally speaking, it's not really infinite scaling in a practical sense because you're not going to have the time or energy to recast the full sequence enough to deal with high level enemies. High level content is all about CC abilities in conjunction with weapons precisely because most damage abilities just can't be used efficiently against health pools measured in millions (much less against armor if you don't have 4x corrosive projection).

Bear in mind that the nuke from hitting the wall with the lash doesn't scale well. It's only good for killing low level trash, and there are a pile of better nukes out there. The explosion range doesn't get very big even if you max range at the expense of strength.

Before the nerf she was absolutely busted, even worse than Limbo for making defense objectives trivial.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: August 10, 2018, 01:07:27 pm »

Got two rare mods from two different acolytes last night in just two runs. I'm told the odds of that are like 1 in 600 something.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: August 10, 2018, 03:05:09 pm »

I've been trying to get argon scope for hours straight now.  That's the only one I'm interested in since I have this deeply trained inbuilt need to aim before I fire any weapon.  I'll aim down sights a shotgun before I fire it, I just don't do hipfire, even though I'm sure there are plenty of situations that call for it.

The argon scope actually has a chance of turning that into an advantage, all I need to do is get a headshot every 9 seconds, which seems easy.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: August 10, 2018, 04:01:04 pm »

I'll aim down sights a shotgun before I fire it
As far as I know this actually tightens the spread of the pellets if only slightly, and shotguns have a decent range in this game anyway so that's perfectly viable. Shooting from the hip is awkward but there are times when being able to move quicker while shooting is better. Or if you use the Stradavar I guess.

I think I actually have all of the acolyte mods from the alst time they showed up but it's nice that they're becoming more readily available.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: August 10, 2018, 04:22:34 pm »

Frost can't go afk in any content where you actually need him rather than use him to be extra lazy. Gotta be casting globe every four seconds in high level content because even the absorbed health from level 100+ enemies won't keep it up long.

I think that just depends on how you build your Frost, a maxed out power/eff build (with stretch for usability) has around 500,000 HP worth of bubble in one use of an energy pizza. My bad frost build has around half that, and that's enough to sit around and let twenty level 100 bombard eximus units fire at me for a few minutes without much worry. I think Fleeting Expertise is the real difference between having a virtually indestructible bubble and one that requires constant recasting.

As for Gara, you're probably right, I have to actually take her into some sorties 2/3's to put her into perspective. I really want to see how far you can scale the explosion damage with a good riven though - I could get up to about 400% extra increased damage on it if I had a good skana riven, which should let the wall kill anything that isn't armored even in sortie content. Right now it takes about 8 vitrify explosions before my splinter storm starts oneshotting level 100 unarmored mobs, so I'm hoping that would speed it up. That's if I understand Gara correctly - her splinter storm damage is based off her wall damage, which is based off her shattered leash damage, which is based off your melee mods. Really convoluted!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 04:25:10 pm by Rex_Nex »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: August 10, 2018, 07:05:02 pm »

I've been trying to get argon scope for hours straight now.  That's the only one I'm interested in since I have this deeply trained inbuilt need to aim before I fire any weapon.  I'll aim down sights a shotgun before I fire it, I just don't do hipfire, even though I'm sure there are plenty of situations that call for it.

The argon scope actually has a chance of turning that into an advantage, all I need to do is get a headshot every 9 seconds, which seems easy.
I've actually given up on farming it (and other rare mods that I don't have) and instead am focusing on getting a bunch of blood rushes to max rank to trade for plat, because they are worth as much as an unranked argon scope.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: August 10, 2018, 07:05:43 pm »

Isn't Blood Rush going to go bye bye, along with all the other combo counter stuff when they update melee again?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: August 10, 2018, 08:02:03 pm »

Isn't Blood Rush going to go bye bye, along with all the other combo counter stuff when they update melee again?
Maybe, but for now it fetches 100 plat if ranked to max.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: August 10, 2018, 08:41:19 pm »

The combo counter will still exist, but serve a different function

The viability of these sorts of mods though still exists in the realm of "We don't know yet"
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: August 25, 2018, 03:27:14 am »

Revenant is out, along with the Phantasma shotgun, an armor set, and a kavat armor set. Phantasma's blueprint is purchased from the market for 25,000 Credits.

To start Revenant's quest, you need to have at least rank Observer in the Quills. Go to Cetus and buy a new mask off of the mask seller, Nakak. In order to be able to advance the quest and obtain Revenant's blueprint, you will need to have the rest of Revenant's parts made, the blueprints of which can be farmed in Konzu's bounties.

Spoiler: Crafting Requirements (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 03:43:53 am by BlackFlyme »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: August 25, 2018, 05:24:45 pm »

I farmed up Revenant last night, the nueroptics were hell. From what I have heard he is very... mediocre. Not bad, not good, just kinda on the low end of OK.

At least he isn't a "tour of plains resources" like Gara.

Anyway, 70 hours until I can level him and then never use him again until he gets a rework or prime.

EDIT: Last night there were a ton of people running around with him, It must be nice to have more plat than brains... Not that I would spend it on him anyway :P
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 05:27:20 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: August 26, 2018, 06:55:08 am »

Or maybe some people just like to support their favourite game financially. Mind blown.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: August 26, 2018, 09:37:05 am »

Warframe is one of the few games where I have spent significantly more money than I felt I needed to, just because of the overwhelming number of hours of playtime I'd already gotten out of it.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: August 26, 2018, 05:29:01 pm »

EDIT: Last night there were a ton of people running around with him, It must be nice to have more plat than brains... Not that I would spend it on him anyway :P

Instead I spurged 10 dollars on getting Atlas.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: August 26, 2018, 06:35:38 pm »

Instead I spurged 10 dollars on getting Atlas.
Atlas is not hard to farm, the trick is having literally any arch-weapon that is not the Imperator. That, you see, is because the Imperator is absolute trash. Once I did that, archwing in general became so much more enjoyable.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 133