Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 875398 times)

ZayZe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph is such a god and everyone who assists him.

My dwarf experience is so great cause of Meph

:'( :'( :)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Meph is such a god and everyone who assists him.

My dwarf experience is so great cause of Meph

:'( :'( :)
no matter how much? i'm a god now?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Just wanted to let you know that I'm working on things. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile

Any plans from you n Vordak to add female sprites or is that not in the books?

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any plans from you n Vordak to add female sprites or is that not in the books?
With question about possibility of caste-based graphic need address to Toady himself. Modders here can not do anything.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I might, some time in the future. But it's hard to really spot that, since male and female dwarves wear the same clothes. The only difference according to the raws is the beard.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

So... what if you could pick ingame between round corners and diagonal walls? Would that be something of interest to you?

(the part where the diagonal wall goes back into the normal wall will always have 1 section looking off, due to the perspective)

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph_32x32.png

Tiles (with different cages) # 2, 11, 12, 21, 36, 38, 56, 57, 58, 127, 143, 162 how are they used? If used, how?
In overrides.txt they are not registered, in ASCII characters they are used for text.

P.S.1 I didn’t like the idea with the diagonal walls.
P.S.2 It would be more useful to convert the decor items from _Meph_decorations.png into normal furniture(with transparency) like how did you do with composite banquet tables. The same could be done with pictures from _Meph_decorations_2.png - just need to place them on wooden easel.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

UPDATE!

Download: Meph Tileset V5
You can support the tileset on Patreon or as a one-time donation on Paypal.

Another update that I didn't really plan, but the timing seems right. ^^

Meet the decorator's shop:

Now what does that little buddy do? He decorates your walls. No one asked for this, ever, so of course I made it for you to play around with. :P Your dwarven rooms might get a bit more cozy with a tiny bit more character to them:

How does it works?
 - Build decorator's shop.
 - Takes 1 boulder, makes 4 blocks. There are 17(!) different blocks you can make, like "decorated with candles", "decorated with shields", etc.
 - Build wall with blocks. Done.

It's really pretty simple.

16 of the blocks are decorations, while the last one is a bit special: It's blocks to make diagonal walls. I sometimes get requests for that type of wall, but I never added it because it would require changing the look of the walls from 3/4 view to top-down. I kinda went with a compromise for this, so half of the time the diagonal walls don't merge perfectly with the normal walls... no way around that. But for people that want the option, you can now do this:

I also added the SPECIAL tag to all the new inorganics, so that things like the majestic "banquet table forgotten beast" (by Kruggsmash) or eternally burning "campfire artefacts" won't happen in future. ;)

It would be absolutely fantastic if people could send me a few saves of fortresses that they build with this tileset. I always play short test-forts, but barely see the big picture. It would really help. Just pack the data/save/regionX folder into a rar or zip and upload on DFFD. :)

Cheers,
Meph

PS: Please remember that this tileset includes it's on launcher and utilities and is far more refined than the Meph-Lite version in the LNP.

PPS: You need to generate a new world for this.

PPPS: No, you can't update old saves.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Meph_32x32.png

Tiles (with different cages) # 2, 11, 12, 21, 36, 38, 56, 57, 58, 127, 143, 162 how are they used? If used, how?
In overrides.txt they are not registered, in ASCII characters they are used for text.

P.S.1 I didn’t like the idea with the diagonal walls.
P.S.2 It would be more useful to convert the decor items from _Meph_decorations.png into normal furniture(with transparency) like how did you do with composite banquet tables. The same could be done with pictures from _Meph_decorations_2.png - just need to place them on wooden easel.
Oh, the cages. DF is tricky sometimes.

Creatures use sprites from raw/graphics. Creatures in cages blink, showing cage/creature/cage/creature... BUT! creatures in constructed cages show their tile (CREATURE_TILE:X) instead of their sprite. Corpses also use the tile, but TWBT can override those. TWBT can NOT override the creatures-in-cages though.

So I made a cage with the silhouette of each major animal group (humanoid, fish, bird, quadruped, etc) and assigned the fitting tile numbers.  I had to give them different tile numbers anyway for the corpses I made.

PS: That's perfectly within your right. ;) It's a tiny addition, I won't do much more with it.
PS2: You clairvoyant you. :D I did something similar... but I'm not sure if it works for the random objects from _Meph_decorations.png. I wouldn't know what item they should be. A table? A chair? A armorstand? You are right of course, it would make it easier to set them up, but none of the existing furniture would fit the correct category.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Y'know, I had a sneaking suspicion you were going to release an update not long after the previous. Glad I fiddled with Battlejudge instead of starting the fort :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Y'know, I had a sneaking suspicion you were going to release an update not long after the previous. Glad I fiddled with Battlejudge instead of starting the fort :P
You'll never start that way.

No worries, there are no updates planned any time soon. You'll figure out why.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You'll never start that way.

No worries, there are no updates planned any time soon. You'll figure out why.
Well it's hard to do anything when you come out with new stuff that won't get to be in the fort a week after one is started. Ain't a bad thing on your part, but it sort of puts me in a holding pattern cause I keep thinking "Oh, that'd be cool to have! But I can't."

If there's none planned for the near future (guessing it's bike season? :P) then I actually can get started after I do my Battlejudge update. Bee fort can wait.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Biking? It's mountaineering now. I spend this months reading 2500 pages of theory about mountain safety and skills. Just have to wait for less snow. ^^

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please refrain from doing an impression of any dwarves while crawling on their homelands.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 187