Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]

Author Topic: Corruption RPG (Registration) [6/10 Slot]  (Read 26691 times)

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption RPG (Registration) [6/10 Slot]
« Reply #450 on: May 10, 2020, 04:24:46 pm »

first off you told me that Aethyrion was only getting hit and dying after you said my action was locked in so yeah i'm a bit sorry for that, however you say there isn't a way to reive yet you have something in the game that allows you to talk to the dead just saying why wouldn't there be a way to bring them back, granted it would most likely take a bit of work from multiple players to pull off
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 10, 2020, 04:28:30 pm »

Its your job to fully be aware of your team's action. I just processed that since i'm tallying the command. You're the one who fired the gun, you're the one who bear the consequence of friendly fire. The talking to the dead spell is for a narrative/story addition to the game to make the players know more about the world, not full on necromancy. I even said in the discord multiple times over and over again that i'm not allowing players to be revived back from the dead just because. Its inconsistent with the story.
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 10, 2020, 04:48:42 pm »

A discussion about what is and is not acceptable for a character to have should be done prior to accepting the application, though I can understand the possibility of a GM not fully understanding the implications of a certain things in advance with a sufficiently flexible character creation system. However, having your abilities being completely disregarded is not fun.

I'll further argue that the ability to one-hit kill two teammates even with an indirect hit would be the very definition of overpowered.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 10, 2020, 05:02:10 pm »

A discussion about what is and is not acceptable for a character to have should be done prior to accepting the application, though I can understand the possibility of a GM not fully understanding the implications of a certain things in advance with a sufficiently flexible character creation system. However, having your abilities being completely disregarded is not fun.

I'll further argue that the ability to one-hit kill two teammates even with an indirect hit would be the very definition of overpowered.

It was a direct hit. He was basically aiming for you, then the second teammate got in the way.

I'm not sure that the ability to kill your own party members while leaving the bad guys unharmed really constitutes as "over powered"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 10, 2020, 05:07:41 pm »

Actually i did state it in the original post:

[The settings are somewhat loose, any guns or magics are fine with a bit of limitation. No time traveling gadgets or any of that kind though or reality bending peanut.. maybe later]

You did have a resistant to the mind control since you didn't fully enter the dream state just like everyone else and is somewhat aware of the surrounding. Just not entirely immune to it.

The ability is AoE in a horizontal path and i said to the user that it will hit mona who is being used as a hostage and miss kazu because he sees the lazer being charged. The ability has already been charged for many turns so it would likely deal an immense amount of damage. The problem is i put the limitation/nerf that his ability will fire slow and is obvious to predict to dodge since he's charging it. It's like a charged up one shot but is easy to dodge so i was thinking he would coordinate with everyone else to make it work to one shot boss or something. But apparently he just use it to kill whatever it is on the way.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 05:10:17 pm by Mahoroty »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 10, 2020, 05:52:42 pm »

The ability is AoE in a horizontal path and i said to the user that it will hit mona who is being used as a hostage and miss kazu because he sees the lazer being charged. The ability has already been charged for many turns so it would likely deal an immense amount of damage. The problem is i put the limitation/nerf that his ability will fire slow and is obvious to predict to dodge since he's charging it. It's like a charged up one shot but is easy to dodge so i was thinking he would coordinate with everyone else to make it work to one shot boss or something. But apparently he just use it to kill whatever it is on the way.

i'm gonna be honest with ya here, if its a laser it moves at the speed of light which means that dodging it would require some serous reaction speed that is faster than reacting to a bullet and if they both can do that, there was no way we could of beaten them which means you set us up to fail
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 10, 2020, 05:58:39 pm »

i'm gonna be honest with ya here, if its a laser it moves at the speed of light which means that dodging it would require some serous reaction speed that is faster than reacting to a bullet and if they both can do that, there was no way we could of beaten them which means you set us up to fail

you shot your own teamate and complain that the GM "set you up to fail" after explicitly telling you this would be the outcome.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 10, 2020, 06:09:14 pm »

https://powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Aim_Dodging

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 10, 2020, 08:32:16 pm »

I was hoping that even if the first group dies and we make new characters, that the story of the world continues. When you, I or anyone else die, the universe will continue functioning, just that the dead can’t experience the continued functioning of the universe. I hoped that this game’s world would continue after death. Time marching forward. A story that transcends death, like MOOK, DIG, Minimalism and Milk, and Cabal. These three games don’t reset the entire world. The players make new characters to play in an ever changing world, affected by previous character actions.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 10, 2020, 09:46:02 pm »

since the game is almost ending

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 10, 2020, 09:56:49 pm »

Makes sense

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 11, 2020, 04:56:18 am »

If the game's restarting can we use the character we have now?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 12, 2020, 01:43:59 am »

If the game's restarting can we use the character we have now?

sure, the only one i can see to survive this encounter is durg, shara and unknown, the rest is definitely dead.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 12, 2020, 03:52:11 pm »

Huh. This world judged Mona as Neutral Good? That alignment wasn't exactly my intention, but I guess I'll take it. At least she'll have a decent afterlife I guess? Not sure how that would even work or if it is in any way relevant whatsoever.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 12, 2020, 08:14:52 pm »

The robot being true neutral is taking the average of lawful neutral, neutral good, and chaotic evil, I guess? :P Though blue is maybe lawful evil depending on your stance on "strategic amorality." Though they all are what they are because they were literally designed that way and can't deviate, and they probably don't have souls anyway so it's pretty irrelevant.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]