Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796942 times)

magos epic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - New Poll.
« Reply #9435 on: February 27, 2013, 05:04:05 pm »

allow me to clarafy: some one had suggested I turn off harder mining to turn off the cursed wraiths, this did not work. my other statement was about me not being able to find the option to craft heavy stone pistons, which I ended up just making a steel one. I am however noticing a strange little bug where body parts are getting animated and attacking things whenever the dwarves use a spawn point, they keep holding up my work due to constant interruptions :/

Could you possibly remove the alert thingy for healing at the fountain of youth? I want to mass heal my armies but goddamn I cant walk away for a second while that thing keeps poping up.

One final note: some workshops seem to be getting bugged when a task set to repeat runs out of materials: the task will then do this weird duplicate the order thing a ton of times forcing me to deconstruct then halt deconstruction to remove the que of orders! all in all one of my fav dwarf fortress mods out to date keep up the good work!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9436 on: February 27, 2013, 05:23:35 pm »

>> allow me to clarafy: some one had suggested I turn off harder mining to turn off the cursed wraiths, this did not work.

Did you generate a new world?

>>  some workshops seem to be getting bugged when a task set to repeat runs out of materials: the task will then do this weird duplicate the order thing
>>  a ton of times forcing me to deconstruct then halt deconstruction to remove the que of orders!

This is a DFHack Workflow feature which you probably activated without meaning to.  To disable, you have to go over to the DFHack terminal and, um, do something.  I think it's "workflow disable", if that doesn't work try "workflow ?" and see if it gives you help. 

>> I am however noticing a strange little bug where body parts are getting animated and attacking things whenever the dwarves use a spawn point,
>> they keep holding up my work due to constant interruptions :/

Well, this is the way the spawn point works actually.  The details of the implementation are pretty strange.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:25:26 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9437 on: February 27, 2013, 05:44:37 pm »

Could you possibly remove the alert thingy for healing at the fountain of youth? I want to mass heal my armies but goddamn I cant walk away for a second while that thing keeps poping up.

Its in the settings, transformation message, under misc.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9438 on: February 27, 2013, 06:50:33 pm »

>:( I still get metal wraiths after removing hard mining, oh yeah and I kept getting a no longer playable lock up effect when ever I try to run the good biome premade seed land when I try to alter its settings..is it not able to support that? also I can not seem to find the heavy stone thing needed for the steam magma engine, what workshop is it?
dafuq did I just read ?

@Nokao: Your dwarves use the temple, not the ward ^^ you need either a ward OR the temple. Just run the reaction a few times, its one of those transformation things that have a random success chance. Still waiting on dfhack r3 to fix that.

Thanks. It was working all the time with a certain Dwarf as preacher,
then I re-arranged all nobles and now when I pray on the temple a yellow smoke appears but nothing happens.

I wasn't able to spot the damn carp god, but if amrok doesn't appear I will never make it !

some suggestions ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9439 on: February 27, 2013, 06:53:36 pm »

Preacher nobles have nothing to do with the reactions in the workshop.

Two ways for you: order a ward at the liaison. OR station a couple of dwarves on your temple, run the reaction. the yellow smoke should transform one of them into a ward of armok for a short time.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9440 on: February 27, 2013, 07:05:06 pm »

allow me to clarafy: some one had suggested I turn off harder mining to turn off the cursed wraiths, this did not work.

There's a sticky for just such an occasion: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=29157.0

magos epic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9441 on: February 27, 2013, 09:06:56 pm »

>> allow me to clarafy: some one had suggested I turn off harder mining to turn off the cursed wraiths, this did not work.

Did you generate a new world?

>>  some workshops seem to be getting bugged when a task set to repeat runs out of materials: the task will then do this weird duplicate the order thing
>>  a ton of times forcing me to deconstruct then halt deconstruction to remove the que of orders!

This is a DFHack Workflow feature which you probably activated without meaning to.  To disable, you have to go over to the DFHack terminal and, um, do something.  I think it's "workflow disable", if that doesn't work try "workflow ?" and see if it gives you help. 

>> I am however noticing a strange little bug where body parts are getting animated and attacking things whenever the dwarves use a spawn point,
>> they keep holding up my work due to constant interruptions :/

Well, this is the way the spawn point works actually.  The details of the implementation are pretty strange.

ah damnit no I did not :( I like my current world. Also thanks for the workflow thing it worked :D

magos epic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9442 on: February 27, 2013, 09:12:01 pm »

thank you for the workflow thing that helped. also just paper and ink for a blueprint right?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9443 on: February 27, 2013, 11:11:06 pm »

About the poll:

I am currently focussed on Kobolds. That I will finish first.
I can add "Adv Siegeworks. Dynamite Ballista, metal catapult/ballista parts and more." to the next release, because its not that much work.

The next three voted for items, Skaven+Warpstone, Gnomes+Steampunk and Glass Industry I WONT do for next update, but the one after that. It would simply take too long.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9444 on: February 28, 2013, 01:21:34 am »

Skaven+Warpstone
It would be nice if you used another name than Skaven, I don't really like the copy-pasting of Warhammer FRP (or D&D) lore into DF. Even Warpstone bothers me a bit, but it's not as bad I guess as the term is more generic and self-explanatory.

Also, there are already ratmen in DF, so how do you plan on distinguishing your Skaven-like race from those?

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9445 on: February 28, 2013, 02:42:14 am »

i'm totally fine with using the word "skaven" =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9446 on: February 28, 2013, 07:54:56 am »

Me too. In fact I would be more than happy if you somewhat included an WH option where the game is tailored to resemble WH. (No drows, no Lovecraft, yes warpstone and skaven, dark elves and such)
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9447 on: February 28, 2013, 08:08:09 am »

I personally like taking intellectual property from other franchises, because people love the cross-over effect. Yes, I could do my own ratmen, using some strange green rock and attack you from below, but people would just say: Ah, yeah, some thinly disguised skaven. I mean, you wouldnt like DnD Drow battling an army of Warhammer Skaven in MtG Urgborg Swamp, while your DF Dwarves watch from the fortress, before sending Dragon-Age-style golems to finish them? :P

At least most people will know what they should expect when they hear the word, and dont have to remember yet another new thing in this mod.

PS: The Steampunk Gnomes on the poll are of course Blizzards Warcraft inspired.

EDIT: Damn it, this is so awesome. Totally gets added next release: Happyness counter ingame and fort stats
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:12:02 am by Meph »

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9448 on: February 28, 2013, 09:05:44 am »

PS: The Steampunk Gnomes on the poll are of course Blizzards Warcraft inspired.

May I suggest something from Guild Wars 2 again? Im speaking of the Asura. They are more along the line of technomages, they are still small, smart, interesting, and they have (in my opinion) more interesting stuff.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9449 on: February 28, 2013, 10:00:41 am »

What's a skaven? Not everyone knows warhammer or knows it much beyond the video games. I do not remember any skaven in the various pc games. As far as I'm concerned you might as well just make ratmen.
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 749