Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 715570 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #1005 on: January 20, 2012, 07:23:48 pm »

FDR couldn't even walk on his own two legs because walking was too pedestrian for someone of his breeding.

A little unnecessary, don't you think?

Yeah... way out of line considering FDR was actually paralyzed, and struggled admirably with his condition while under the public spotlight.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1006 on: January 20, 2012, 08:33:34 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/chuck-norris-endorses-newt-gingrich-224223391.html

I don't even... Can Chuck Norris roundhouse kick the 'Grich all the way into the presidency?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 20, 2012, 08:36:32 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/chuck-norris-endorses-newt-gingrich-224223391.html

I don't even... Can Chuck Norris roundhouse kick the 'Grich all the way into the presidency?

Let's ask Mike Huckabee oh wait.

And dang, I really gotta update that OP.  Where do I begin describing this incredibly bizarre week to be preserved for memory?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 20, 2012, 10:46:08 pm »

I can't wait until tomorrow afternoon. Maybe all the damn robocalls will stop.
Bombengranadenelementplitzplotzdonnerwettersappermentnochmal!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 21, 2012, 12:57:05 am »

I'm gonna post to watch atop my high horse up here in the Land of the Free and Home of the Beaver.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 21, 2012, 12:58:51 am »

FDR couldn't even walk on his own two legs because walking was too pedestrian for someone of his breeding.

Yeah... way out of line considering FDR was actually paralyzed, and struggled admirably with his condition while under the public spotlight.

The man died over 60 years ago and I was in the middle of a rant on how awesome he was.  I think that one can tastefully make a pun about his condition in those circumstances.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 21, 2012, 01:01:03 am »

The man died over 60 years ago and I was in the middle of a rant on how awesome he was.  I think that one can tastefully make a pun about his condition in those circumstances.

You're right.  I didn't understand your humor at the time, but I do now.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 21, 2012, 02:26:16 am »

I keep thinking 'Newt Gingrich' sounds like a name for a villain from Harry Potter. This impression is helped by how close it is to the truth.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 21, 2012, 02:40:41 am »

I keep thinking 'Newt Gingrich' sounds like a name for a villain from Harry Potter. This impression is helped by how close it is to the truth.
You are not alone in that thought. Sadly, a quick Google search found nothing on Newt's views on Harry Potter.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 21, 2012, 12:45:22 pm »

It's gameday! South Carolinians are taking to the polls today to vote for which son-of-a-bitch they dislike least, to run against that "uppity black guy" in the White House.

On the ballot:
Newt Gingrich, who has had a stellar week by napalming Romney on the airwaves and somehow turning his ex-wife's tell-all interview into a positive by playing the media victim card.

Mitt Romney, a week ago the undisputed front-runner and nominee apparent. Today? A liberal rich guy vulture capitalist who loves firing people.

Ron Paul, who is...still Ron Paul.

Rick Santorum, the newly recrowned victor of Iowa, who has shed almost all of his momentum from Iowa and is back in the low double-digits in polling.

Herman Cain, who isn't actually running but is being used as a cipher vote by Stephen Colbert. And because it's an open primary, could well finish ahead of Santorum.

Buddy Roemer, just because everybody could use a Buddy.

Results should start coming in after 6pm EST (about 5.5 hours from now)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 21, 2012, 02:05:42 pm »

turning his ex-wife's tell-all interview into a positive by playing the media victim card.

That actually worked?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 21, 2012, 02:12:52 pm »

turning his ex-wife's tell-all interview into a positive by playing the media victim card.

That actually worked?

In the Republican party, decrying the "Liberal media" will always trump any character flaw.  Always.  You can read about it in the other thread ggamer started.

Anyway, I updated the OP.  There's a tornado warning in effect in rainy South Carolina today, but so far exit polls are showing higher than expected turnout (compared to 2008) across the state.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 21, 2012, 02:36:48 pm »

I'm going to make the obligatory joke about the fact that these tornado threats could be drawing their strength from the low pressure caused by so much hot air blowing into that state right now.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 21, 2012, 03:01:47 pm »

That actually worked?

In the Republican party, decrying the "Liberal media" will always trump any character flaw.  Always.  You can read about it in the other thread ggamer started.

That's the line they like to snivel when somebody digs up dirt on them, but Republican voters don't buy it anymore then anybody else does, Herbert Cain is a recent example and his character smear was a pretty lame one compared to some others.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 21, 2012, 03:08:47 pm »

What it really is, is like some many other realms of life, if you listen to the number and volume of talking heads, you'd think the Republican party was 9-to-1 men and women, when of course it's about 50/50.  When the stuff about Herman Cain and his wacky romantic shenanigans came out, you say most of the "Republican establishment" and media outlets blaming them dang liberals for wanting to stir up trouble for an honest man... whilst women supporters and men with a sense of composure silently abandoned him in droves and his polling numbers disappeared overnight.  Whether the same will eventually happen to Gingrich?  Who knows.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 714