Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4119751 times)

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_06 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #840 on: August 11, 2014, 04:43:17 pm »

Quote from: Toady one
He he he.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

TacoSundae84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 11, 2014, 05:03:09 pm »

I'm afraid if I point out Dwarf Therapist is updated for 40.08, 40.09 will be released a few hours later.

delizseemack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 11, 2014, 05:16:11 pm »

I'm afraid if I point out Dwarf Therapist is updated for 40.08, 40.09 will be released a few hours later.

Superstitions are only good for dwarves.

Dwarf Therapist has been updated for 40.08 !! Do it now before it's too late! :)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 11, 2014, 05:35:52 pm »

He's probably waiting for dfhack which is suppose to be out by tuesday.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_08 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #844 on: August 11, 2014, 06:41:36 pm »

Hi all - the pack has skipped 40_07 and updated to 40_08 due to the fast bugfixes.  As usual, you can get it here.

Changelog: 
** updated Dwarf Fortress to 40_07
 - updated Phoebus graphics
 - updated Ironhand graphics
 - pulled Fricy's CLA update (https://github.com/fricy/DFgraphics)
 - pulled Fricy's Mayday update
 - pulled Fricy's Spacefox update
 - updated default settings
** updated Dwarf Fortress to 40_08; fixes two common crash bugs
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to v23.6; for 40_08

MD5:  2161FC7AF702658AC424B12A0FD28E17
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

AmauriPavao

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 11, 2014, 06:48:41 pm »

Just my luck, I was all "Meh, I'll download 40_07 and paste DF and DT over it", then I download it and notice it's 40_08 already  :D

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 11, 2014, 06:49:59 pm »

That spacefox is still outdated. Mostly because it misses Phoebus's editions to the graphic folder where he added the new creatures from 0.40_00+. It's probably more save compatible though than the one I uploaded but the elves in his file don't even point to any graphics textures. His one has [CHILD:JIRI_E: when it should be [CHILD:AFRO_ELVES:. Since JIRI files aren't even in that spacefox version.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 11, 2014, 06:54:50 pm »

Hi all - the pack has skipped 40_07 and updated to 40_08 due to the fast bugfixes.  As usual, you can get it here.

Changelog: 
** updated Dwarf Fortress to 40_07
 - updated Phoebus graphics
 - updated Ironhand graphics
 - pulled Fricy's CLA update (https://github.com/fricy/DFgraphics)
 - pulled Fricy's Mayday update
 - pulled Fricy's Spacefox update
 - updated default settings
** updated Dwarf Fortress to 40_08; fixes two common crash bugs
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to v23.6; for 40_08

MD5:  2161FC7AF702658AC424B12A0FD28E17

TPB: http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/10745193

Magnet: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:002c7cd44f24d2eb01a5b795429b65d7667c4af1&dn=Dwarf+Fortress+40_08+Starter+Pack+r1&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 11, 2014, 06:57:16 pm »

That spacefox is still outdated. Mostly because it misses Phoebus's editions to the graphic folder where he added the new creatures from 0.40_00+. It's probably more save compatible though than the one I uploaded but the elves in his file don't even point to any graphics textures. His one has [CHILD:JIRI_E: when it should be [CHILD:AFRO_ELVES:. Since JIRI files aren't even in that spacefox version.

awww :( ... in terms of unit graphics i find spacefox to be the prettiest and i like the clean look of it, i hope it gets updated too. can i use your updated files from this thread to upgrade the 40.8 starterpack? i want to start a new fort anyway, so i have no problem with save compatibility. and to be clear, i just have to paste the two folders into the spacefox graphic folder in the starter pack? (sorry, the LNP / starter pack has spoiled me too much....haven't really gotten any knowledge about the modding whatsoever^^). thx in advance :)!

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 11, 2014, 07:05:07 pm »

You can just paste mine next to it, you don't have to replace it. Just click to install it instead of spacefox. Also make sure graphics_goblins.txt isn't in the Dwarf Fortress 40_08 Tester Pack\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.08\raw\graphics folder. You don't want 2 things loading goblin graphics. I think it deletes the old folder anyways so it probably won't be there.

Just to be clear that means the folders would look like this:
Phoebus
Ironhand
Spacefox
Spacefox LeoCean or w.e you name it

As long as the other sets don't break save compatibility mine won't, it's just this one time it would. Unless I wanted to make it save compatible but I like phoebus's fixes txt (that don't change anything) that weren't added. Hopefully Fricy gets on the wagon :P and adapts to my changes and takes over if he wants. I already got permission from Phoebus.

Edit: Ah tell me what those .dlls are they probably aren't anything special but I haven't downloaded the pack yet and it's taking awhile.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:15:08 pm by LeoCean »

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 11, 2014, 07:10:48 pm »

You can just paste mine next to it, you don't have to replace it. Just click to install it instead of spacefox. Also make sure graphics_goblins.txt isn't in the Dwarf Fortress 40_08 Tester Pack\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.08\raw\graphics folder. You don't want 2 things loading goblin graphics. I think it deletes the old folder anyways so it probably won't be there.

propably a stupid question but with "paste mine next to it" i think you mean creating another folder in DF Starter Pack 40.8 r1 / LNP / graphics / .... and then loading the folder containing your two folders, but in the "spacefox" folder are a bunch of other files (mostly *.dll), aren't those necessary?

EDIT: ah ok thank you for the help and updating my favorite graphic pack :). in the starter pack 40.8 r1 are no other files besides the two folders, but they are in the older versions....which is kinda funny. i also searched the whole folder for the "graphics_goblins.txt" and it didn't find it (searched the both LNP folder and DF 40.8 folder).

EDIT: downloaded the pack now again, have checked the MD5 with "MD5 Check 4.2.1" and it said that the values were different, i had no trouble extracting the file though :/.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:24:15 pm by Xerberus »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 11, 2014, 07:12:34 pm »

Awesome, thanks for your work!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Parabox

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 11, 2014, 07:13:28 pm »

I'd like to request that Vherid's tilepack be added. It's a very nice ASCII pack, though I can imagine supporting the colors and all could be a bit of extra workload.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 11, 2014, 07:19:42 pm »

propably a stupid question but with "paste mine next to it" i think you mean creating another folder in DF Starter Pack 40.8 r1 / LNP / graphics / .... and then loading the folder containing your two folders, but in the "spacefox" folder are a bunch of other files (mostly *.dll), aren't those necessary?

I don't see any .dll's in the spacefox version that he uploaded with 0_40_08, I'm still working on getting the trees to look better, I like the look phoebus gave his trees. But I can't give them the same roots, and the tilesets included kind of have to be closer to the same. I may just get rid of some of the spacefox ones I included in the pack and then leave one or 2 of the originals with 4 different ones that will allow the trees not to be broken if they are switched between (since phoebus tracks do make them look nicer but I like the spacefox tracks for the minetracks, when the TWGT gets in it won't be a problem). Since loading the tilesets or changing the dinit breaks nothing and just changes the looks when you reload the game. (I think you can even go to menu and they will change, not sure on that one)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:28:30 pm by LeoCean »

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 11, 2014, 07:26:45 pm »

I don't see any .dll's in the spacefox version that he uploaded with 0_40_08

here is a picture of the spacefox folder in the starterpack 40.6 r2:

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 385