Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1221628 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Okay, so Nocturne is just ridiculously overpowered. I've been told he's pick or ban in EU, and pretty close to that in NA. After three wins in a row, I see why.

Build straight tank, deal tons of damage. Get fed, build damage, deal way more damage. He's ridiculously sticky, he's got hard CC, he's got sustain. There's pretty much nothing wrong with him. His ganks are as close as any jungler gets to 100% success rates except probably Nautilus.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nocturne? Has he had some changes recently (read in the last half year)? I remember him being pretty strong but not over the top.
I can see how he'd excel as tanky early game with his high early game damage.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 01:47:58 pm by Jelle »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Blitz and Ash, just like Vayne + Alister are the proven and true kill lanes bot, solid farm, solid supports, yet old and boring.

Lux + Corki is beast and nearly ungankable.
Had an Ashe Blitz lane vs Ashe Blitz. That's even more fun.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Nocturne? Has he had some changes recently (read in the last half year)? I remember him being pretty strong but not over the top.
I can see how he'd excel as tanky early game with his high early game damage.

The grand cycle of Nocturne:

1) He's overpowered. Everyone plays him.
2) He gets nerfed slightly.
3) Everyone assumes he's useless, stops playing him.
4) A couple months later everyone realizes it was a small nerf and he's still overpowered.
5) Repeat.

His kit is just ridiculous. Huge gap closer, spell shield, free AD and attack speed, hard CC, sustain, and a sticking move. He has everything a melee could want, so he excels at doing pretty much everything at once. He's going to either have to be nerfed into uselessness or changed noticeably before he won't be overpowered.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes the LoL community is fickle like that. Still if he's been nerfed a few times he can't be that bad.

Surely not as rediculous as Darius. What is this champion even I don't know. Deals immense base damage, great utility and a monstrous true damage ult.
I see that Riot is still following the same design principles that made me quit in the first place. Release unbalanced champions, cash in, then gradually balance. Ugh!
This guy is in every game so far...twice! Usually ends up in a game of wich team has the best Darius.
And my god that pull. Makes me look like a fool fumbling around when playing blitzcrank, target and go, no aim required. Passive bonuses to boot.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:54:13 pm by Jelle »

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This last page amused me because I mostly play Blitz, with breaks where I carry as Corki. Neither particularly well, but those are the two champs I most enjoy.

Laning with Ashe is always worrying given she is often either the instalock or only available AD pick of new players. Neither of those options ever fill me with confidence. My current favourite partner is Caitlyn . Her traps give you extra CC if you can position for your grabs right while her Q gives you nice harass on enemies hiding from your grabs. Her ult secures more kills from otherwise failed ganks than is entirely reasonable. Also the average player with Cait is far more experienced than the average player with Ashe, so you can usually trust your partner to understand what is going on.

Corki I just enjoy playing. His kit is great fun, even if it frankly doesn't come together all that great.

Oh yeah, I'm on EUW.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I'm trying to learn Ashe right now. When I realized Varus is just a less focused Ashe, I decided to pick her up.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I'm trying to learn Ashe right now. When I realized Varus is just a less focused Ashe, I decided to pick her up.
I noticed this too. I saw Varus' abilities, and I went, "So, it's Ashe with less slows and a snare instead of a stun?"

Ashe isn't too difficult to learn. But the ult. That ult is really difficult to aim. Not only that, but its efficiency is based on how far away Ashe is from the target, which is counter to a ranged AD.

Basically, whenever you want to harass, hit Q. Done harassing? Hit Q again. Save your first hit when you get to lane for the enemy champion. AA, Volley, AA takes out about 2/3 of their health at lvl 1. If you have someone with a stun, snare, or pull, they die pretty fast. Hit ults. Volley multiple enemies. Hawkshot to keep sight or scout places.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Laned bot as Taric last night with the world's worst Darius. >_<

When your damage dealer runs away from the fight and alert pings the shit of you because he's dropped to all of 75% health? Probably picked the wrong champ.

In his defense, he said it was his 1st time, but daaamn. I don't play that chickenshit even with the squishiest of characters (which is probably why I fare poorly with squishies).

Speaking of, need some new champ recs. I tend to play aggressive, perhaps even too aggressive, so I find that I do best with speedy champs to help me recover when i've overextended. My tactical positioning is often a problem -- I get caught too far out, isolated and nuked way too often. But my strategic map awareness is usually quite good. I'm always the first to notice that an unattended tower is about to be hit by a wave of red, or that hey...all their team is bot so I'm going to push top like crazy and take down a tower before they can react (or at least force a couple to burn a 'port to stop me). I'm also getting a better sixth sense about when a gank is coming and can withdraw in time.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

First game I play as Darius, I manage to ult once at lvl 6, then I get killed almost instantly after. This triggers a bug which makes me unable to ult rest of the game. How fun.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile

First game I play as Darius, I manage to ult once at lvl 6, then I get killed almost instantly after. This triggers a bug which makes me unable to ult rest of the game. How fun.

Sounds balanced to me bro.  ;D

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woot wukong (or what's his name, monkeyboy) is free. Been playing him a bit, he's pretty freaking awesome. That clone, so hilarious. Ult is a lil bland though.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Woot wukong (or what's his name, monkeyboy) is free. Been playing him a bit, he's pretty freaking awesome. That clone, so hilarious. Ult is a lil bland though.
Ult works great if you've got a Jarvan or Veigar on your side though, to round up an enemy team and corral them in a nice tight cluster.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Draven's intro music is ridiculously badass. Very fitting. Now I'm off to play jungle Darius.

edit: DARIUS/DRAVEN VERSUS DARIUS/DRAVEN. THIS IS HOW NEW CHAMPION RELEASES AND NEW FREE WEEKS GO DOWN.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:21:01 pm by penguinofhonor »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

True dat. It was all Varus/Darius last time around.

Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 1067