Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 803562 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: THE HYPE TRAIN HAS REACHED ITS DESTINATION
« Reply #3060 on: November 11, 2015, 08:24:40 am »

I have to admit the gunplay in 4 is so much better then in 3.  Really feels like you are firing guns.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: November 11, 2015, 08:52:04 am »

I know, right? I just love the visceral feeling of the shotgun, too.
Also, figured out the weapons mod problem, turns out, pipe bolt-action gun mods are counted separate from the more usual semi–auto ones.
In other news, I now have three unique weapons.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: November 11, 2015, 08:58:15 am »

Okay, I'm willing to give Bethesda a chance on the gameplay (but I've already seen how they are butchering story), can someone point me in the direction of some videos showing some actual mechanics?  All the videos I've seen so far are just dudes running around shooting things CoD style, I'd like to see some hard info on crafting, base building, etc.

Edit: I specifically mean players actually using the systems in game, not Bethesda's self-promotion.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 09:25:36 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: November 11, 2015, 09:14:49 am »

How the time passes, it looks like the game is getting more and more negative reviews. Most helpful reviews on steam are actually negative. Looks like majority think that people should wait with buying for all bug fixes and that a lot of the game is change or dumbed down in some segments.
Make love not war

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: November 11, 2015, 09:32:01 am »

Okay, I'm willing to give Bethesda a chance on the gameplay (but I've already seen how they are butchering story), can someone point me in the direction of some videos showing some actual mechanics?  All the videos I've seen so far are just dudes running around shooting things CoD style, I'd like to see some hard info on crafting, base building, etc.

Edit: I specifically mean players actually using the systems in game, not Bethesda's self-promotion.

Well, theres EnterElysium faffing about a bit with stuff, ah... Splattercat spending some time messing about too, but thats about all I got.

Splattercats vid starts a bit early, due to him rambling straight into messing with stuff.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: November 11, 2015, 09:42:18 am »

so i like this whole postapocalyptic setting so much i keep playing it, but objecively, the controlls are so deeply fucked up, i should just uninstall this.
time on the save shows 11.5h, i spend at least 6 of these hours fighting the ui in an attempt to build a fence around my settlement.
inconsistent and illogical keybindings, a snap feature that makes it impossible to build stuff near other stuff exept in a straight line, a camera that makes it almost impossbile to tell where the thing you build will be placed - its almost as if this was made by some sadist with the singular intention to torture the player.
i proalby should ignore this whole feature, and just place the few required structures into the middle of the base under the claer sky. i realy doubt the game checks if there are roofs above the beds or that ill ever see a real assault on the settlements.

gnaaaa. i realy want to like this game, and aside of settlement management it proably even  is quite good.. but this building shit is making it damn hard for me.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: November 11, 2015, 10:11:32 am »

The year is 20xx, fox is the only smash char and every game is minecraft.

Apperently you can put a bucket on a shopkeepers head to steal there stuff. Back in fallout3/nv I had to carry the weapons out of his line of sight in a bucket.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: November 11, 2015, 10:19:40 am »

so i like this whole postapocalyptic setting so much i keep playing it, but objecively, the controlls are so deeply fucked up, i should just uninstall this.
time on the save shows 11.5h, i spend at least 6 of these hours fighting the ui in an attempt to build a fence around my settlement.
inconsistent and illogical keybindings, a snap feature that makes it impossible to build stuff near other stuff exept in a straight line, a camera that makes it almost impossbile to tell where the thing you build will be placed - its almost as if this was made by some sadist with the singular intention to torture the player.
i proalby should ignore this whole feature, and just place the few required structures into the middle of the base under the claer sky. i realy doubt the game checks if there are roofs above the beds or that ill ever see a real assault on the settlements.

gnaaaa. i realy want to like this game, and aside of settlement management it proably even  is quite good.. but this building shit is making it damn hard for me.
i don't have the game but you should be able to rebind keys if you hate the key bindings so much.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: November 11, 2015, 11:13:06 am »

Okay, I have to admit that the crafting looks extremely compelling, and the FPS/gunplay has been tremendously improved from 3/NV (not that I give a damn about gunplay.)
That said, the negative views on dialog/interaction are really big red flags, can someone who is actually playing give me a solid breakdown on just what level of limitations are here?  Is this Mass Effect level restrictive?  Worse?  Better?
Is the plot as bad as the sidequest writing? (I've already seen that they reused the 'robot who acts like a revolutionary' bit.)
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: November 11, 2015, 11:37:01 am »

I'm in that in between place where my interest has been piqued, kinda like it was with Skyrim. I wasn't going to buy it on release but then read reviews and was compelled to run out and get it. And while I enjoyed it, it wasn't the revolutionary Bethesda game I was hoping it was.

So I'm kinda looking at this game as FO3 plus a ton of stuff. And trying to decide if that's worth getting it now and putting up with the bugs.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: November 11, 2015, 11:40:17 am »

Is there any way to hammer the game into shape so it'll work with 6GB ram, Intel(R) HD Graphics, and a Intel Pentium CPU 2020M @ 2.40GHZ processor?

I really want to play it. So badly. But I don't have the cash to buy a new PC.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: November 11, 2015, 11:45:37 am »

6gb ram work fine here. integrated graphics proably wont cut it. best try a "demo" first.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: November 11, 2015, 11:49:52 am »

Yeah, you'll probably want at least an actual graphics card.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: November 11, 2015, 11:57:55 am »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: November 11, 2015, 12:01:32 pm »

Integrated graphics almost never "cuts it" unless it's 10+ years old.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 462