Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 803562 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #3945 on: November 22, 2015, 12:17:40 am »

So in one of the bathrooms inside a building, I found a teddy sitting on the toilet, with glasses on its face, and holding a newspaper open in front of it like it was reading. Twas great.

Then I tried to screenshot it and photobombed myself. Protip: don't use alt+printscreen to try taking screenshots in a game which binds 'holding alt' to 'throw grenade' action. Literal photobomb.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: November 22, 2015, 08:58:06 am »

On the same list of "little mistakes".
Power armor isn't airtight. Whilst it feels really cool clomping around the ocean floor- you are actually holding your breath there.
So... Don't stay down too long. Or get the perk.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: November 22, 2015, 09:16:58 am »

So in one of the bathrooms inside a building, I found a teddy sitting on the toilet, with glasses on its face, and holding a newspaper open in front of it like it was reading. Twas great.

Then I tried to screenshot it and photobombed myself. Protip: don't use alt+printscreen to try taking screenshots in a game which binds 'holding alt' to 'throw grenade' action. Literal photobomb.

When it comes to teddies nothing beats the two I found humping, surrounded by various bottles of booze. I laughed way too hard when I found them.

Also I found a female skeleton sitting on the toilet in an outhouse, with a paddle in her hand and a male skeleton drapped in a butt-upwards position over her lap. Quite hilarious.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: November 22, 2015, 09:20:25 am »

I'm pretty sure the only reason they didn't kill him is because, one he's with you and Bethesda probably felt that wouldn't end well for that storyline, and two he openly a synth and isn't trying to infiltrate and replace people. 

It would still be interesting to see a Bethesda game where racism/specism/technophobia has more of an effect than just what NPCs say.

It would be, sure we do see a little bit like Tenpenny's tower or goodneighboor but it would be nice if you know the 200+ year old survivor reacted differently to seeing his first none feral ghoul instead of just... nothing.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: November 22, 2015, 09:28:16 am »

Well, the first person he asks about them replies with "most are just like you and me, but butt ugly, and usually really old."

If I was a man out of time, and I came across Daisy, hell I'd be weeping. Screw racism.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3950 on: November 22, 2015, 09:29:21 am »

Power armor isn't airtight. Whilst it feels really cool clomping around the ocean floor- you are actually holding your breath there.
Just get the perk that lets you breathe underwater somehow

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: November 22, 2015, 09:39:53 am »

I eventually met some travelling ghoul trader NPC and one of the dialogue options was basically, "Woah, what's wrong with you?"
It was just weird because my first settler was a ghoul, heck the first non-robot I met after leaving the vault.

Would probably work better if he hung out near Sanctuary and was hard to miss, and maybe that dialogue option didn't appear if the PC has met a ghoul already.  Well, it'd have to be *different* not gone...  The dialogue system is still ridiculous.

On that note, I really need to learn to use 1,2,3,4 for the dialogue options instead of reaching to the arrow keys.  I kept trying to trade with Dogmeat, who loves to run around at random because he's a delightful little scamp.  But that's a problem when I need to track him with my mouse, then also hit an arrow key (which I naturally use the same hand for).

It was kinda cute though, like a dog playing keep-away with my loot.  Accidentally realistic.

...  Haha, I just looked up the number bindings:  "1 is Up, 2 is Left, 3 is Right and 4 is Down"
why?? XD

Just get the perk that lets you breathe underwater somehow
Emphasis added :P
Though I assumed the power armor is water tight, it just doesn't have a dedicated air supply, so you only get a minute or two of air from what's trapped in there with you.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3952 on: November 22, 2015, 09:45:57 am »

Whoops, missed that.

It would be nice to have a few upgrades for underwater activities on the power armor, like turbines that let it actually swim. But there really isn't much down there so I guess it would be a bit of a waste.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: November 22, 2015, 09:56:22 am »

Yeah, I bet a mod will add a rebreather option for the helmet.  Turbines sound awesome too.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: November 22, 2015, 09:57:23 am »

Could basically just do a reskin of the jetpack which only works underwater for that.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: November 22, 2015, 10:12:16 am »

Does the jet pack work underwater?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: November 22, 2015, 10:43:14 am »

I'd also say the BoS is right to fear synths. Having entities that can infiltrate you with minimal chance of detection and are easy to program to think or do anything (to a point where a bunch of sewer-dwelling morons were able to do it) sounds incredibly dangerous. Like do you imagine something like that existing in the real world without legal regulations?
We have those, actually. They're this thing we call "people" :P
Yeah, all those undetectable programmed people out there that suddenly just replace other people without a trace.
If infiltration couldn't be done by humanity, we wouldn't have the concept of it to put into games.

And since this game takes place in a universe where any human can get perfect plastic surgery at roughly a moments notice (Deacon for example claims to change his face every month or so) its far from impossible to do without resorting to synths.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: November 22, 2015, 10:58:37 am »

Does the jet pack work underwater?
Nope. If it's really shallow and you're not totally submerged, you can jump and trigger the jetpack, but once you're fully into the abyss you can't use it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: November 22, 2015, 11:05:46 am »

...  Haha, I just looked up the number bindings:  "1 is Up, 2 is Left, 3 is Right and 4 is Down"
why?? XD

Top down, left to right.
Code: [Select]
2   3

Makes perfect sense to me. No different than reading any other text in English.
Love, scriver~

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: November 22, 2015, 11:28:49 am »

why?? XD

Top down, left to right.
Code: [Select]
2   3

Makes perfect sense to me. No different than reading any other text in English.

It's obviously not a radial menu.  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 462