Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 810935 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #3930 on: November 21, 2015, 07:29:49 pm »

I've finished it at level 50.

I'm not sure how people can have a problem with the writing here and look back at FO3 as a positive example. Unless they miss the goofyness, I guess.

Now, if I put together everything correctly (since I couldn't really just ask anyone directly about these things), the true villain of the story is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Think I'll replay it with a melee build, see how viable that is since I spent most of the game creeping around and shooting headshots.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 07:35:06 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: November 21, 2015, 07:35:52 pm »

That's why Obsidian really needs to get that sequel to New Vegas in gear...
Christ, no. Get them to team up with Bethesda. Bethesda does everything except the writing for quests, characters, the main plot, &c., which is handled by Obsidian. New Vegas was far buggier and more unreliable than FO3 (at least in my experience), and Bethesda have evidently made strides on that front.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: November 21, 2015, 07:53:58 pm »

By the way, if anyone is trying to get the Benevolent Leader achievement, or wants to experiment or play around with settlements, here's a tip:
- Open the console and target (click) your settlement's Workshop.
- Enter "getav WorkshopRatingHappinessTarget".
- This is the value your happiness will reach after the 'ticks' happen. I'm not sure how long it takes to refresh, and it didn't seem like sleeping or waiting affected it, but happiness seem to grow little by little, like 5 every 'tick'. You want this target to be 100.

This command helps because you can know exactly how much happiness your settlement has potential to achieve. Then you can make changes, and wait for the ticks.
This also helps if you want to experiment how much you lose/gain happiness based on how many stores you have, how much resource production affects happiness, if placing decoration affects happiness at all, how much killing settlers affect potential happiness, and all that sort of stuff.

I decided to find a way to discover how much actual happiness my settlement had and what affected it after I spent too much time with 98 happiness. That frustrated me too much.  :P
Turns out a crap-load of stores really do the job. It still took a lot of caps and resources to make it, though.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: November 21, 2015, 08:04:25 pm »

That's why Obsidian really needs to get that sequel to New Vegas in gear...
Christ, no. Get them to team up with Bethesda. Bethesda does everything except the writing for quests, characters, the main plot, &c., which is handled by Obsidian. New Vegas was far buggier and more unreliable than FO3 (at least in my experience), and Bethesda have evidently made strides on that front.
it was mainly buggy because it was rushed and they also had to cut big parts of their plans. its an unfair label that they have been strapped with. pillars of eternity wasn't plagued with bugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: November 21, 2015, 08:11:04 pm »

Weird...  Bracketed short barrels seem purely better than non-bracketed (which can't hold a muzzle slot) but they require the same parts.  They're worth slightly more caps too, apparently.
Probably an oversight, since bracketed *long* barrels require slightly more resources than non-bracketed ones.
Edit:  Wait what, they actually require LESS glass and circuitry!  And one more adhesive...  So strange, since again, they seem to be a straight upgrade.  And we can literally grow adhesive.

So of course this Assassin's laser musket I'm modding doesn't have brackets, so I have to reforge the barrel anyway :P  ...  I think I'll make it long while I'm at it.  I heard laser muskets can make very deadly sniper weapons, and with +50% against human enemies, it may be a bit OP.  At least for one shot!

@Gabeux
That's good to know...  I've mostly been neglecting my settlements, building the bare minimums and leaving.  But I've never been good at making constructions pretty (in Minecraft modpacks, mostly).  Just space-optimized (;
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 08:13:05 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: November 21, 2015, 08:40:35 pm »

I've finished it at level 50.

I'm not sure how people can have a problem with the writing here and look back at FO3 as a positive example. Unless they miss the goofyness, I guess.

Now, if I put together everything correctly (since I couldn't really just ask anyone directly about these things), the true villain of the story is

Think I'll replay it with a melee build, see how viable that is since I spent most of the game creeping around and shooting headshots.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: November 21, 2015, 09:00:22 pm »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: November 21, 2015, 09:05:14 pm »

I still have to process everything, though, as it was quite a lot.

E:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:09:14 pm by Gabeux »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: November 21, 2015, 09:10:14 pm »

I'd also say the BoS is right to fear synths. Having entities that can infiltrate you with minimal chance of detection and are easy to program to think or do anything (to a point where a bunch of sewer-dwelling morons were able to do it) sounds incredibly dangerous. Like do you imagine something like that existing in the real world without legal regulations?
We have those, actually. They're this thing we call "people" :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: November 21, 2015, 09:14:22 pm »

People can be persuaded to switch allegiance. You can't bribe a machine like you can a human, nor can you torture something that doesn't feel pain.
Black lives matter.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: November 21, 2015, 09:44:43 pm »

I'd also say the BoS is right to fear synths. Having entities that can infiltrate you with minimal chance of detection and are easy to program to think or do anything (to a point where a bunch of sewer-dwelling morons were able to do it) sounds incredibly dangerous. Like do you imagine something like that existing in the real world without legal regulations?
We have those, actually. They're this thing we call "people" :P
Yeah, all those undetectable programmed people out there that suddenly just replace other people without a trace.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: November 21, 2015, 09:59:28 pm »

Huh I actually identified Tuvok's voice actor, I'm usually really bad at that.

Spoiler: Blimp (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3942 on: November 21, 2015, 10:18:12 pm »

They will comment on him sometimes, like "better keep you pet synth on a short leash! "

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: November 21, 2015, 11:11:33 pm »

I'm pretty sure the only reason they didn't kill him is because, one he's with you and Bethesda probably felt that wouldn't end well for that storyline, and two he openly a synth and isn't trying to infiltrate and replace people. 
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: November 22, 2015, 12:08:00 am »

I'm pretty sure the only reason they didn't kill him is because, one he's with you and Bethesda probably felt that wouldn't end well for that storyline, and two he openly a synth and isn't trying to infiltrate and replace people. 

It would still be interesting to see a Bethesda game where racism/specism/technophobia has more of an effect than just what NPCs say.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 462