Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 803591 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4410 on: December 03, 2015, 09:06:14 pm »

Ugh that's so unrealistic.
Fallout cars use nuclear, not combustion engines!
Orion drives are also nuclear...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: December 03, 2015, 09:20:29 pm »

"A series of explosions of atomic bombs behind the craft".  Yes this is a perfect explanation.  And someday real, probably!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: December 03, 2015, 09:34:43 pm »

New vegas had a Vertibird mod that primarily acted as a proof of concept. It basically requires that it puts its own engine inside of the game, running on top of Gamebryo, in order to provide the physics that the base engine does not (as Gamebryo is apparently extremely wonky when it comes to vehicle physics).

It's in perpetual beta status, but a good indicator of what modders with lots of time can do when sufficiently interested in a tpic.

It was less an engine and more a kludge that used directed, invisible explosions behind the vertibird (and in the case of the XRE Cars mod, cars too) to use Havok to fling the vertibird/car in the right direction just so. It's why the physics are so slippery for the car.
I mean, I loved using it (Mostly because I got to FLY A FUCKING VERTIBIRD), but CHRIST landing it was worse than death.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: December 03, 2015, 10:38:40 pm »

So I've almost completed one of the main questlines.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: December 04, 2015, 04:54:34 pm »

I tried dragging them off but they re-appeared. Then i dismembered one of the bodies and it regrew limbs. but it's still naked. Im going to find some long johns and redress the body if it lets me.

Though, i dont go to sanctuary any more because it bugs out when you fast travel near it and everyone leaves the settlement due to it thinking it has 0 defense.
I actually decided to use that co-op far as the primary food production for my whole country* and it really annoys me that the feral ghoul corpses won't go away.   There's even one that perpetually floats in midair in one of the houses because I scrapped the table it's sitting on.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: December 04, 2015, 05:14:00 pm »

I tried dragging them off but they re-appeared. Then i dismembered one of the bodies and it regrew limbs. but it's still naked. Im going to find some long johns and redress the body if it lets me.

Though, i dont go to sanctuary any more because it bugs out when you fast travel near it and everyone leaves the settlement due to it thinking it has 0 defense.
I actually decided to use that co-op far as the primary food production for my whole country* and it really annoys me that the feral ghoul corpses won't go away.   There's even one that perpetually floats in midair in one of the houses because I scrapped the table it's sitting on.

You can use the console command "disable" to remove this kind of stuff. (open the console, right-click the corpse, type "disable" and press enter)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 05:15:37 pm by Sirian »

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: December 04, 2015, 05:25:36 pm »

Guys, could it be that light intensity depends on the amount of power being supplied to the circuit?

I could've sworn the lights got a lot brighter in the Castle when I plugged in an extra medium generator (to power the purifier just offshore), compared to just a small one.

I'm almost certain the conduits' range was extended as well, as some lights received power despite being seemingly out of range earlier.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 05:32:50 pm by Greenbane »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: December 04, 2015, 07:43:41 pm »

You can use the console command "disable" to remove this kind of stuff. (open the console, right-click the corpse, type "disable" and press enter)

Just fyi, the console command "markfordelete" is a little cleaner and safer to use than "disable". Disable merely hides the object from the gameworld, markfordelete literally marks it for deletion - next cell update it will be gone forever.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: December 05, 2015, 10:33:29 am »

It's rather disappointing that there are so many cool outfits, yet most can't be modded nor used in combination with armour parts, which are far more effective from the practical perspective. The Minutemen General outfit, for instance, has semi-decent protection stats and looks smashing, but I'd have to give up several stat bonuses from my combat armor pieces if I were to use it. And some protection value, obviously.

The only possible way to go about it unless you want to seriously hamstring yourself is to find a suitable armour-friendly outfit and the best armour pieces you can find/craft.

What's the point in having so much useless fashion in a combat-heavy game? I suppose it encourages power armour use to some extent, but that has other disadvantages. Stealth impairment, for instance.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 10:35:18 am by Greenbane »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: December 05, 2015, 10:51:23 am »

It's so inconsistent, too.  If I remember correctly, one dress can be worn with leg guards...  Another can't, and neither can be worn with arm guards.  While there's no reason why either dress shouldn't support both, and arguably a chestpiece (though that might cause clipping problems).

I figured the Minuteman General outfit is supposed to already have arm and leg protection "built in", but it didn't seem visible.  I'd much prefer if it had lower stats, on part with particularly good clothing, and allowed armor to be added as normal.

Switching in and out of charisma-clothing is a confusing slog when I'm carrying any loot armor.  Armor pieces can be renamed (such as by adding a dash to the front so they appear at the beginning) but that overwrites the entire name and is a pain itself.  The favorite system should let me mark armor as "the ones I use" and keep them at the top...  Instead it takes up a hotkey and doesn't affect sorting.  As if I really want to use up a hotkey on a left-arm segment.

They really learned nothing from SkyUI (and earlier) except "Someone will make one for FO4, so just design for the console players".

Also the weapons list desperately needs to sort or indicate by bullet type, I mean come on!  Which is particularly terrible since they implemented sorting by ROF and DAM...  I will *never* want to sort by those, give me ammo type!  Those options just make it trickier to sort by weight or value.

Also it keeps switching the sorting *back*, I think when I reload a game.  I want it on weight, not alphabetical order.  99% of the time!  For every separate section!  Argh!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 10:53:25 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: December 05, 2015, 10:57:00 am »

It's rather disappointing that there are so many cool outfits, yet most can't be modded nor used in combination with armour parts, which are far more effective from the practical perspective. The Minutemen General outfit, for instance, has semi-decent protection stats and looks smashing, but I'd have to give up several stat bonuses from my combat armor pieces if I were to use it. And some protection value, obviously.

The only possible way to go about it unless you want to seriously hamstring yourself is to find a suitable armour-friendly outfit and the best armour pieces you can find/craft.

What's the point in having so much useless fashion in a combat-heavy game? I suppose it encourages power armour use to some extent, but that has other disadvantages. Stealth impairment, for instance.

I'm sure there's gonna be a mod that makes all "suits" and similar objects treated the same way as the Vault 111 jumpsuit or the Road Leathers / Harness / Raider Leathers - that is, clothing that can have armor pieces over the top of them.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: December 05, 2015, 11:03:05 am »

There's already something like half a dozen. This one, as far as I can tell, is the best of the lot because it resizes armor to fit over most clothing instead of clipping, and because it allows you to apply the Railroad mods to more clothing.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2228/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D2228%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: December 05, 2015, 12:29:29 pm »

Are there any melee weapons that are better than the chinese officer's sword? So far a fully upgraded legendary one has been outdoing an upgraded super sledge and all the other melee weapons I've gathered. Was disappointed to find that Grognak's Axe lacked any real staying power as a weapon.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: December 05, 2015, 04:11:04 pm »

There's already something like half a dozen. This one, as far as I can tell, is the best of the lot because it resizes armor to fit over most clothing instead of clipping, and because it allows you to apply the Railroad mods to more clothing.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2228/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D2228%26preview%3D&pUp=1

That looks good, though I tend to be wary of such far-reaching mods as any patch could render my game entirely unplayable until the mod's updated.

Will have to think about it, anyway.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: December 05, 2015, 06:20:36 pm »

Are there any melee weapons that are better than the chinese officer's sword? So far a fully upgraded legendary one has been outdoing an upgraded super sledge and all the other melee weapons I've gathered. Was disappointed to find that Grognak's Axe lacked any real staying power as a weapon.

Is it General Chao's Revenge? That unique is stronger than the other Officer Swords. The Super Sledge is supposed to be the strongest in terms of raw damage, but may be evened out by being slower. The only two weapons that are better than Chao's that I know of are both unique, with one being a knife that is incredibly good for stealth attacks and has better base damage, and the other being a machete that does exceptional damage, and both bleeds and poisons the enemy.
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 462