Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 803562 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #6345 on: September 13, 2016, 01:22:53 pm »

My biggest complaint for F4 is that they linked the grenade/bash button. And that half the DLC was just new workshop items. Not bad, just a bit disappointing. And the fake-lights. Remove a lantern, but the glow is still there.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: September 13, 2016, 01:42:58 pm »

Fake lights have been in all the Bethesda RPGs (since at least Oblivion, maybe Morrowind), they just work better in many ways (performance is a big one). The problem is fake lights + demolition = visual weirdness.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: September 13, 2016, 01:58:40 pm »

Am I the only one who actually liked playing dead money...? I really hate having to defend myself whenever this comes up. I can't say why, but I just like it.
Yeah, I like it too. Hell, I liked it so much that I even did it in hardcore, where you take constant damage whenever you are outside, cloud or no.

Fake lights have been in all the Bethesda RPGs (since at least Oblivion, maybe Morrowind), they just work better in many ways (performance is a big one). The problem is fake lights + demolition = visual weirdness.
Not Morrowind. You could do some weird lighting with differently-coloured candles.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: September 13, 2016, 02:50:56 pm »

The only thing I don't care much for Chris Avellone is how obsessed he is with Fallout just remaining a cesspit of non-civilization, preferring things never advance back to the civilization era, alongside that of being a bit darker then most care for I believe.

Honestly... I completely agree.

Things advanced from Fallout 1 to 2...

But they just put the brakes on the setting from 3-4 even when the games FORCE change... (Mass produced fresh non-radiated water is a BIG deal in Fallout... HECK it would be a HUGE deal in real life... Even we can't do that sort of crud)

It makes the setting little more then set dressing now.

Better yet in Fallout 4 they went out of their way to eliminate and reverse setting advancement...

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: September 13, 2016, 03:07:44 pm »

But Chris' plan, AFAIK, is if he went back to the west was to wipe the NCR out. Honestly, I think that's much worse than the east coast's problem. Why should I care about NV if Fallout Obsidian's gonna have the NCR gone if he leads a game in that region?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: September 13, 2016, 03:39:56 pm »

See, I'm all for the sense of progression of society in the Fallout games, but a game set in the collapse of the NCR would be insanely interesting, and a source of some compelling writing material. The NCR grew too big to fast to be sustainable and is marked by corruption and overextension, it collapsing or even splintering into multiple entities makes complete sense, and I for one would love to play a Fallout game set in the middle of that. Imagine leveraging the different factions against eachother, or siding with the hardliners and trying to hold the NCR together. Would be cool, but definitely wouldn't work with the new dialogue system.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: September 13, 2016, 04:36:42 pm »

Skyrim civil war part 2: Apocalypse boogaloo
This time with... drumroll... Thirteen participants! Wooo! All hail the great war of thirteen people!

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: September 13, 2016, 04:44:19 pm »

Bethesda: "Fine. YOU WIN. Don't come whine with us when your processor melts!" *Spawnpoint spamming noises*

EDIT: It's like how Bohemia got tired of all the DayZkids taking the piss about the hitches in the realism, and went sci-fi/Iran invades the world shooter.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: September 13, 2016, 04:54:19 pm »

Meh. I was gonna type something out, but decided I'd rather no spend a while defending myself. Anyone know of any settlement building series I could watch? Sounds like a fun way to spend time :P

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: September 13, 2016, 04:58:59 pm »

I occasionally watch a fellow on YouTube named Oxhorn.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: September 13, 2016, 05:19:23 pm »

Skyrim civil war part 2: Apocalypse boogaloo
This time with... drumroll... Thirteen participants! Wooo! All hail the great war of thirteen people!

I meant a Fallout done by obsidian, Bethesda would butcher the fuck out of that concept. In my head the actual conflicts would take a backstage to the political machinations of the various groups, like in New Vegas.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: September 13, 2016, 08:07:12 pm »

Well, Van Buren was going to be about the Brotherhood-NCR war.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: September 13, 2016, 08:12:52 pm »

Brotherhood-NCR-Caesar's Legion Legion war, in fact.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: September 13, 2016, 09:06:04 pm »

I'm honestly just happy at the mere rumor of Obsidian being given another shot at Fallout. With luck they'll trash the dialogue system and give me a game wherein I can feel like a badass on the same level as the Courier.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: September 13, 2016, 09:13:38 pm »

You'll never be able to be a tribal cannibalistic cyborg legionnaire police officer mailman who's gay for their own brain again, but Obsidian can't possibly make a nad
Fallout if they make the same sorts of choices as with New Vegas, and that's damn good enough.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 462