Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Operation Nocturne (Waitlist Open!)  (Read 3452 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Operation Nocturne (7/10 Players)
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2024, 09:23:17 am »

I'm really hoping for a full ten players, but I appreciate you first seven for turning up so much! Shows I'm not as washed as I thought, XD

I'm planning to start the first match either tonight or tomorrow, so just stay tuned! I'll also be welcoming new players as always.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2024, 05:51:03 pm »

Emotion in Motion
Deathmatch
Part 0: On the Borderline
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Botswana & South African Border
Morning, Sunny, 2/23/2007

Within all of us is an innate desire to see nature as it always should be. Though the flow of commerce may dismantle forests and burn trees, the view of a sunset past the horizon line always drags us back in for more. In this, of course, comes the appeal of national parks and conservationist zones, protecting the plants and animals from the evils of poaching and the wiles of capital. So too is this true for Kgalagadi, a wildlife preserve that sits right in-between Botswana and South Africa, and were once two parks before being combined in 2000 by then-presidents Thabo Mbeki and Festus Mogae. Three quarters lay up North in Botswana, and the remaining fourth in the South, remaining whole through it's message of survival and purity, especially due to being made a protected zone for Lions a mere two years prior. Other than two-hundred and twenty-four miles squared set aside for the Indigenous population, the vast majority of people who come here are visitors and tourists, either staying at one of three fully-stocked rest camps, or one of six wilderness parks that only provide shelter and water good for washing clothes. It is a peaceful place, save for the ravages of nature taking it's course.

This peace does not last long. Arriving in bright blue silhouettes, spooking animals away from their starting zone, are seven powerful new Warriors. Their eyes open as they stand in the grass and bush of the south of the Kalahari Desert, ready to fight. A single missive from Jericho plays in their minds: "Though your goal is to be unified, there is no greater training than sparring. In some of these Wars, you will fight eachother, and in others, you will fight together. Now is when you fight eachother."

One such warrior is a TV presenter from the cesspool of crime known as Cottonmouth, who finds himself armed with several weapons. His body surges with chemicals, as he feels acid in his body, not burning but staying put as though he can control it. A pool of toxic waste forms under his feet, a single other charge for now should he use his corrosive superpower.

Another is a laid-back Shinobi with mastery over bats, and the iron sand famously used as the weapon of a great ruler from another village. Accompanied by his side by an Android, and with the knowledge that a seer approaches these lands, he raises his kunai and prepares to battle both his fellow Warriors, and the government.

Up next, a trio of Pokemon rise up and cry into the air, ready for a glorious battle. One is a dog-like beast adorned with bones and baring sharp fangs. Accompanying her is a legendary robotic creature, beeping and flexing it's hands, and a full car with a living engine, spewing a small cloud of noxious gas from it's exhaust.

Then, it's everyone's favorite legally-distinct and copyright-free black-and-white cartoon rodent! Back from obscurity after his last 'toon, a war propaganda film from WWII, it's Beryl Bushmouse! Armed and ready, he grins, the sheen from his teeth causing a black Eighth Note to fly into the air.

Another Warrior opens his eyes, a French agricultural engineer with a keen eye for Smoke measurements. With his awakening, an open contract is sent to the rest of the Warriors: in addition to winning the war, as a bonus, a CEO must be assassinated. He is somewhere in the park.

A now-cybernetic Archeologist comes next, chisel and hammer in hand, a thermos full of coffee on his belt, and a bag of coffee beans slung over his shoulder. To the south, by about three miles, a dangerous chasm opens up, revealing a cave tunnel system full of goodies and dangers.

The final Warrior in the area is a duo of skilled Secret Service agents, one male and one female. They are armed to the teeth with weapons, tools, and a bagpipe. In addition, a car poor for the desert but good for the road sits beside them.

Another message plays for them all, this time from the Observer: "As a little added treat, one of you is using data from my home-universe. No bias or anything," he says, smugly. "Now, fight like your goddamn lives depend on it!"

BSN: I couldn't wait until tonight, sorry, ;=;

Here is the beginning of it! Went into detail on the setting for this one. Hope you enjoy, let's get battling!

Spoiler: Crystalizedmire (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Canadian kitten (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BlackPaladin99 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Megam0nkey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Strongpoint (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 12:41:15 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2024, 08:50:28 pm »

The Engineer, straightening his tie, nods to himself. The war must be won, but that man must be tooken out first. The goal first is to begin driving, with his vehicle he can hit all the parks and kill Portmann…and so Maximillian silently gets in his car, and Drives to the nearest and largest park. Should he encounter any wiki Warriors who may get in his way, he runs over them with his car, then tosses a smoke bomb behind  to make a clean getaway!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 11:13:24 pm by Megam0nkey »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2024, 09:07:10 pm »

Run away, and mind attack those secret agents since clearly secret agents are part of the government's spy agency

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2024, 02:12:43 am »

Drink some coffee (If the thermos is full) or swallow some unprocessed beans (if empty) and run towards the cave system. This silly combat can wait. Who knows what archeological wonders can be found in the cavern?
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2024, 03:29:58 am »

Both agent William and Mathilda get into the car and drive towards the cavern, while Mathilda fires upon anyone that attacks us as we drive with her SMG.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2024, 01:08:24 pm »

Ambush the Houndoom with the acid attack.
she/her

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2024, 06:15:26 pm »

Beryl stands up straight on his cartoon-shoed tippy-toes, puts his gloved hand flat with its thumb-side to his forehead as though to shield his eyes from the sun, and sweeps his head left and right as he exaggeratedly looks over the battle field once, then twice. "Well hot dog," The toon mouserodent proclaims as he slaps his knee. "I haven't seen a fracas like this since The War!"

Hefting up his violin and keyboard(That ain't no Piano to me, no sir!) Beryl scurries over to his trusty steed and, with his arms lagging behind his movement like rubber hose, hauls them into the passenger seat, before hopping into the pilots seat himself. Then, he reeeeeaaaches over the dashboard, grabbing one blade of the propeller with his hand, before letting himself snap back into place, whipping the propeller into motion. While all of these maroons were busy fighting each other or diving into some hole, there was a CEO out here and a Garand with somewhere from 1 to 24 bullets with his name on them at Beryl's side.

Get in the Plane and take off in search of Portman.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2024, 04:05:49 pm »

Turn will come either tonight or tomorrow, depending on when/if BlackPaladin99 posts!

I've DM'd them, so hopefully not too much longer.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2024, 03:35:18 pm »

I get in the car and search for portman
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2024, 02:46:45 am »

Emotion in Motion
Deathmatch
Part I: Red Sand Runabouts
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Botswana & South African Border
Morning, Sunny, 2/23/2007

The first one of the seven to act in the battle is the agricultural engineer, Professor Max Ringelmann, who tightens his tie and stiffens his lip before wiping a bit of sweat off his brow. It's 75°F, not terribly hot for the summertime, but not as cool as he'd like it. Scowling slightly, he elects to ignore the War, and instead focus on the contract he was given: Jason Portman, former CEO of Quantum Leap and MuchTalk, two Silicon Valley startups. Without drawing much more attention to himself, he opens the driver's side door of his Toyota truck, here emblazoned with the logo of the Minhatsu automobile company, and shuts the door. [Spot: 6] With keys in the ignition and the purr of the engine, he opens the glovebox to find a map of the park already inside, showing that the nearest and largest rest camp would be Twee Rivieren, the essential first place anyone visits if they come up through Upington, South Africa. With a nod, Max begins his drive, heading onto the road closeby and heading due South towards the camp. As he drives, he opens the window and summons a smokebomb in his hand, tossing it back to try and cover his tracks.

With an easy smirk on his face and the feeling of his kunai in his hand as he twirls it between his fingers, the Shinobi Rinji chooses to ignore the fleeing Warrior, instead focusing his attention on the government stooges standing by that swanky looking automobile. As a member of the "Village Hidden in Sound", he was already on the wrong side of the natural and legal side of the world, but actual agents of a foreign force coming out to get him? They had to be part of this world's Village Spy Forces, an Earthling ANBU. He sighs, and turns his attention to his new robot friend, Chitti. "Follow me," he whispers, before turning around and bolting back towards a nearby field of tall grass, followed by the automaton. [Stealth: 2] Despite the two of them diving back into the grass, a quick glance back shows that they have, indeed, gotten the attention of the spies. "Damn it!" Rinji mutters, before raising his fingers to his temple to show the agents what-for. [5 v 4] [4 v 6] The man of the duo, fortunately, seems to develop a searing headache just as he's about to raise his firearm, but aside from a grimace and a quick opening of the driver's side door for him, the woman seems poised to fire on their position.

Flexing his fingers, and hearing the slight purr of the rotors within them, the archeologist Josef Szombathy realizes fairly quickly that this silly Wiki-War can wait. Imagine all the discoveries that cave system could hold? Rare minerals, ancient civilizations, new forms of life, and what could possibly be thousands of years worth of knowledge. He reaches to the thermos on his belt, opens it, and takes a swig from the full container of rich coffee. Immediately, he feels the rush of energy in his veins, and his feet begin tapping restlessly and without rhythm, and without waiting much longer, he bolts down South into the desert to try and be the first to enter the chasm.

Scrambling into the driver's seat of the deluxe (or, quite literally, De Luxe) Chevrolet, Agent William H. Moran's psychic headache causes his vision to waver slightly, and yet he remembers clearly where that Shinobi ran off to. Same as his partner, Agent Mathilda Agencourt, who pulls out her MP5 and sprays a burst-fire at the ninja in question. [2 v 6] The three rounds go off-course above his head, fitting for someone in the tall-grass, as she, too, scrambles into the car at the passenger side. "Follow the roadrunner, sir!" she yells, rolling her window down to keep firing at anyone willing to attack them. William steps on the gas pedal, heading towards the same cave system as Josef. [Speed: 2+2 (Caffeine High) v 4-2 (Rough Terrain)] While the Chevrolet is actually a little faster than Josef's speed under the caffeine high, the bumps of Kgalagadi's red sand dunes send them slowing down to avoid crashing. The cave is not near any roads, forcing this bumpy road, and thus leaving them lagging behind the speeding archeologist.

The talk show host Terry Helmut flinches at the sound on the gunfire and crouches down slightly to survey the scene. Secret Service men, animals, Ninja, men of science. It's almost too much! Yet, his eye is drawn to the curious set of creatures just over there; a dog of bones, a machine man with flexible hands, and a car with an eye and tongue coming out the engine. Yeah, that's a danger. Flexing his hands, he conjures up a swirling mass of acid up from his body, and runs towards the Pokemon in an attempt to spray the Houndoom. [2 v 7] Houndoom notices and barks at Terry, who sprays out the acid towards her. However, it misses, as Houndoom rolls away from the spray and watches as it bubbles and burns against the red sand. Snarling, Houndoom barks again.

Finally, the Cel-Shaded Soldier returns to the world! Beryl stands up straight on his cartoon-shoed tippy-toes, puts his gloved hand flat with its thumb-side to his forehead as though to shield his eyes from the sun, and sweeps his head left and right as he exaggeratedly looks over the battle field once, then twice. It looks like chaos has already erupted; a suit's shooting at a patch of grass, a dog is snarling at a television-broadcaster, and folks are running every which way. "Well, hot dog!" The toon mouserodent proclaims as he slaps his knee. "I haven't seen a fracas like this since The War!" He hefts up his violin and keyboard and scurries over to his trusty steed with his arms lagging behind like rubber hoses. He chucks them into the passenger seat, before hopping into the pilot's seat himself. Then, he reeeeeaaaches over the dashboard, grabbing one blade of the propeller with his hand, before letting himself snap back into place, whipping the propeller into motion. While all of these maroons were busy fighting each other or diving into some hole, there was a CEO out here and a Garand with somewhere from one to twenty-four bullets with his name on them at Beryl's side. The plane begins to lift-off into the air, away from the conflict. [Knowledge: 1] Unfortunately, Beryl doesn't quite seem to know the area too well. He charts his plane due west, not exactly knowing what's over there, but hoping it contains a techbro who needs to die.

Howling back, sounding as though Death was on the horizon, Houndoom (the Dark Pokemon) growls at Terry Helmut before scrambling on top of the Navi Starmobile and staring down at him with fire in her eyes. Having no trainer, Houndoom elects to follow her instincts and instead go after the target, one Jason Portman. Before she does, however, her partner in the form of the legendary Registeel approaches Terry and attempts to utilize Metal Claw to take the clear danger out quick. [8 v 10] Synthesizing sharp iron talons from it's metal hands, Registeel swipes towards Terry, who manages to duck down just in time to avoid the swipe, before scrambling away. Registeel dulls its hands and points at him, making a series of strange, robotic noises (sounding eerily similar to a Transformer morphing), before it jumps up, onto the Navi Starmobile's platform. With a bark as a common, the Starmobile starts up. [Spot: 7] Despite a lack of knowledge of the area, the tiny little rest camp called Kielie Krankie just up North seems like a fine idea. Sure, it's not expensive or fancy like Twee Rivieren to the South or !Xaus Lodge to the West, but it's the area requiring the least legwork, so it especially wouldn't hurt to check. The Starmobile begins to carefully drive up North towards Kielie Krankie.

BSN: 'Ello, 'ello, hola! Ciao and bonjour! I'm ever so slightly late, I apologize. It was a weird day, and I had to start late. But I got it done and dusted! Hope you enjoyed!

Spoiler: Crystalizedmire (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Canadian kitten (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BlackPaladin99 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Megam0nkey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Strongpoint (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2024, 09:44:22 am »

The AC on and window open, the Engineer silently drives. As he approaches, checking every once in a while to make sure the others, especially the more supernatural ones are not following, he drives off to the location. Once he arrives, should he spot the man in the parking lot or where he could reasonably get his car through, he will run him over. Otherwise, he will enter quietly, and quickly begin his search, medieval weaponry sheathed and hidden from any onlookers.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2024, 10:42:38 am »

Keep driving!  If anyone attacks, I Shoot them with flamethrower, registeel hits them with flash cannon, and the starmobile uses smog on them.   
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Operation Nocturne
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2024, 10:38:26 pm »

Sip more coffee, curse at the sound of a car engine (such a lazy way to travel), and keep running to the cavern intending to enter it ASAP
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Operation Nocturne
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2024, 04:10:59 am »

Keep driving towards the cavern, while my fellow agent keeps a watch for any hostiles, but makes sure not to shoot the running man as he's leading them towards the cavern.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4