Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to Quest: Land of the Crate.  (Read 12675 times)

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Quest
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2023, 04:31:27 pm »

Why is the hat venomous?

Because nobody expects it to be.

What kind of venom?

A special mix of gnomish paralyzing venom called G'nenom™.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 04:53:27 pm by Wolfkey »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2023, 11:09:22 pm »

The eclectic group heads off, accompanied by three mules.  They will be their pack animals, and aid in the long journey.  It is morning, with the great central lamps having fully opened, illuminating the Land of the Eastern Shore.  Behind them is only the great misty ocean.  Ahead is glory, adventure, and reknown.  And freedom.  For with all the world before them, there will be the perfect place for everyone.. should they manage to reach it.

As they travel, the Eastern Shore isn't the most spectacular land.  There are hills, yes, and forest, and farms, and rivers, and towns.  But there are no great cities, no great castles, no great woods, no tall mountains, no dark caves.. there is a little of everything, but none of it is the best.

Although you wouldn't notice it from the reception.  Most are glad to meet this years winners of the championship, the one group to carry the banner and to find new lands.  It is an honour, and everywhere they go, they meet kind words, good food, and cool drinks.

..Or.. almost everywhere.  Many competed for the honour.  Many failed, or were defeated, or lost their nerve and quit.  These stand out.. some are sullen, but some seem a bit malicious.  It is in one inn, nearing the western border and the Last Inn, that you see something more dangerous than a few angry individuals.  There is a group of five, who you recognize as competitors, who are hanging together in the crowded inn room, who seem up to no good.  They're whispering maliciously and they have their weapons at hand.

What do you do about this?  Or do you do anything?  Surely they won't start anything with this many witnesses..

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2023, 12:53:28 am »

Ahrian carefullly settled on the stool she'd dragged to the table near the wall, needing room for her tails that a chair with a back just does not provide and wanting to avoid having them anywhere near a walking area.
"So, um, I know we've been traveling a bit, but I don't think we've ever really just sat down and talked about ourselves much. Um... So, I'm Ahrian, as you... already know. Um, and my parents were traveling doctors, taught me a lot, so I'll likely be our medic on this trip and all. Um... I also know a bit of magic, uh... What about each of you? Like, are you-" she gestures towards Xin "-a trained knight?"
She quivers on the stool a bit, unsure how open her traveling companions will be to discussing themselves and their pasts.

Ahrian doesn't take action towards the competitors, simply remaining aware of them in case they try to approach her.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 05:44:37 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2023, 01:31:13 am »

(Gnwbimbar set his advanced gnome bonus to jokes and storytelling when he first entered the east shore.)

If the competitors are sitting on chairs, Gnwbimbar sneaks over to them and sabotages the chairs so that they break after he sneaks away.

(Also would this combine his mischief and tinkering/crafting bonuses or just use one?)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 01:34:03 am by Wolfkey »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2023, 09:52:08 am »

In, if there’s room.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2023, 11:30:02 am »

Out -- sorry, personal circumstances

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2023, 06:06:01 pm »

Spoiler: Terinas (click to show/hide)
Terinas stands close to the group of shady individuals. She listens intently to determine their intent.
she/her

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2023, 07:58:38 pm »

Ahrian carefullly settled on the stool she'd dragged to the table near the wall, needing room for her tails that a chair with a back just does not provide and wanting to avoid having them anywhere near a walking area.
"So, um, I know we've been traveling a bit, but I don't think we've ever really just sat down and talked about ourselves much. Um... So, I'm Ahrian, as you... already know. Um, and my parents were traveling doctors, taught me a lot, so I'll likely be our medic on this trip and all. Um... I also know a bit of magic, uh... What about each of you? Like, are you-" she gestures towards Xin "-a trained knight?"
She quivers on the stool a bit, unsure how open her traveling companions will be to discussing themselves and their pasts.

Ahrian doesn't take action towards the competitors, simply remaining aware of them in case they try to approach her.

Xin nods, a reserved grin on his face.  "Aye.  Among other things.  More importantly, I am a guide.  I've traveled the world, for... longer than most."

He starts to get up from his seat, slowly drawing his dagger as he does so.  "But right now, yes, I am necessary as a knight.  Do stay back; I would hate to harm you so soon after our first meeting."

Don't overtly pay attention to the newcomers.  Just hold the dagger subtly, waiting for them to make the first move.  As soon as they attack, or are clearly distracted, charge them and stab the leader.  Then draw the greatsword and shout for them to leave.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2023, 08:04:40 pm »

"Huh? W-What are you doing?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2023, 09:46:51 pm »

((Dev gave me the spare spot))

Noodles, the purple squid-thing, wriggles right up and starts poking them with tentacles to see how they respond.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2023, 10:13:46 pm »

((Dev gave me the spare spot))

Indeed.  Here's Noodle's character sheet.

Spoiler: Noodles (click to show/hide)

Update to follow.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2023, 01:10:41 am »

(12) Wisdom

(Gnwbimbar set his advanced gnome bonus to jokes and storytelling when he first entered the east shore.)

If the competitors are sitting on chairs, Gnwbimbar sneaks over to them and sabotages the chairs so that they break after he sneaks away.

(Also would this combine his mischief and tinkering/crafting bonuses or just use one?)

(Mischief alone.  Tinkering would apply if they weren't already seated in the chairs, for instance, if you were sabotaging a chair to break under the next person who sits in it.)

(6+3, mischief, 5+4 stealth)

Terinas stands close to the group of shady individuals. She listens intently to determine their intent.

(12) Wisdom

Don't overtly pay attention to the newcomers.  Just hold the dagger subtly, waiting for them to make the first move.  As soon as they attack, or are clearly distracted, charge them and stab the leader.  Then draw the greatsword and shout for them to leave.

(2+0) Intimidation

Noodles, the purple squid-thing, wriggles right up and starts poking them with tentacles to see how they respond.

(1+1) Combat

The competitors continue to chatter.  Terinas, the bear, and Ahrian, the fox, hear well the threats in their words.  They're looking at the five of you and deciding how they're going to carve you up.  They're being quite aggressive, and quite drunk.  They're going to start a fight, unless stopped first.

Noodles slides over, carried by tentacles.  It's time to poke the metaphorical bear.  Not the literal one.  They're going to fight, may as well get the fight started.  Poke.  Poke.

A boar-faced humanoid strikes first, pulling a concealed dagger and cutting off a purple tentacle.  Noodles feels the pain, and pulls back, having lost the last foot or so. (4 vs 10+7).  There isn't much pain yet, there are many more spare tentacles to go.

The fight then breaks out.  Some of the room runs for cover, others pull their weapons, still more fight with stools and drinks, in an old fashioned classical brawl.  Of the five attackers, they all leap to their feet and charge into battle.

Save for the two who suffered from Spontaneous Chair Failure, and fell on their hindquarters, making the fight three-on-five, at least until they get back up.  (3vs6)(8+4 vs 3),(5 vs 10+5)

Terinas and Ahrian are both ready.  The fox-person is slow, though, being more used to ranged combat than melee.  Still, although there was no opening for an easy strike, her opponent hasn't reached her yet.

Terinas the bear is a different story.  The spear has a long reach, and he smashes it into the knight's side, making a serious bruise under the boar-knight's chainmail, and perhaps damaging his ribs.  One blow scored before the fight even properly starts.

There are five opponents, and a rowdy bar brawl breaking out around you.  Standing up are a boar knight with bruised ribs and chainmail, a frowning human with the Chin of Heroism, and a giant lizardman with a massive two-handed axe.  Two more are still on the floor, some kinda bird person and another human.

Spoiler: Ahrian (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Terinas (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gnwbimbir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Xin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noodles (click to show/hide)

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2023, 01:20:01 am »

Gnwbimbar stealthily stings the opponent who seems to be the most distracted with his envenomed conical gnome hat.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2023, 01:49:34 am »

"That stings! How barbaric!"

Pounce on the two prone ones and grapple them!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2023, 02:08:05 am »

"Please just leave us alone."
Ahrian's tails flare upwards and then fan out around her as lights begin twinkling down their lengths, which upon reaching their tips form small bolts of flame which float there for a moment before careening towards the people assaulting herself and her teammates.
"Please!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10