Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 153490 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 15 - Harassing the People of Denmark
« Reply #465 on: January 24, 2016, 05:27:25 pm »

((Hahahahaha I totally forgot about the knife.))
He points towards the portal with one hand and gestures to the weaponry on the ground, "I come from beyond that portal, there, I came here mearly to arm myself and be gone, I mean no further trouble."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 24, 2016, 06:03:35 pm »

"Officers, this person, along with many others, has been sent here to stage an anti-American coup. They cannot be reasoned with. It's also possible that the rest of the police force has been subverted by her accomplices. I have been brought here to help in destroying this insurgent threat while it's in its infancy. As such, would you kindly execute her?"

Nunzillor, your sentence is death.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nunzillor

« Reply #467 on: January 24, 2016, 06:17:37 pm »

"You cannot execute... FREEDOM!"

Charge at hawk132 and take him hostage, then ski away.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 25, 2016, 03:55:08 am »

Immaterial holds his head in his hands. The man died for him, and what could he do to avenge his death? And what of the others he sent off to hold the line?
After a moment, he looks up at the two still by his side, and with a heavy heart, orders "Go. Now. Run before he gets here. I'll only slow you down. But spread our message. Let the world know of the atrocities the Wiki Wars allowed! GO!"
Once they're out of range of hearing, Immaterial fumbles with his new phone, calling 911, impersonating a local politician's voice (local sheriff or sheriff's deputy, if he can pull it off), claiming to be pinned down by a Wiki Warrior, with multiple wounded and dead, requesting immediate police and medical response.
Order my followers to run and spread the message of resistance! Call 911, and using voice acting and politics, get help!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 16 - A New God
« Reply #469 on: January 26, 2016, 10:09:13 pm »

Round 16: A New God
Weather Conditions: Snowing (7 inches)
Time: Late Afternoon

Twinwolf rummages around the hardware store for anything of use. Even if he can't apply to his cannon, a Sledgehammer is a tool of versatility, so he takes that up. [6] Speaking of versatility, he nabs a Multitool off a shelf as well. Carrying a sufficient amount of "confiscated" goods, he goes back to his Kartouwe because he can't just leave it there can he? Well, he could, considering it's a giant artillery piece and it's not like a person (or even a group of people) could move it quickly. Still, it would be an awful waste if something happened to it, wouldn't it? Twin finds it right where he had left it, although falling snow is starting to coat its exterior.

Nunzillor's eyes scan the police that have the guns pointed at her, and without missing a beat she skiis towards Hawk at a blistering pace. (1+2 vs. 9) Just as she starts to move, the sounds of synchronized pistol fire go off. (7 vs. 4) A single bullet hits Nunzillor in the left forearm and she drops her ski, tripping over and falling into the snow. With her wounded and incapacitated for the moment, two of the officers move over towards her to restrain and handcuff her.

Hawk watches icily as the police officers around him attempt to subdue Nunzillor. (4 vs. 10) Before they can seize her, Nunzillor scrambles to her feet and skis off down towards the residential area of the town. The cops try and balance on the ice as Nunzillor makes her speedy escape. Hawk yells at the officer, "What are you doing? Shoot her! She's getting away?" The cop looks at Hawk with disgust, "Sir, I respect your authority but we can't just shoot someone who is fleeing. It's a last resort, we only did it because your life was in danger and now she isn't hurting anyone. We can't just shoot someone who isn't a threat, where do you think you are, Baltimore?"

Immaterial soberly stares into the alleyway where he hears one of his men cry out in pain before going silent. He turns to his last two remaining able-bodied militants, "Go. Now. Run before he gets here. I'll only slow you down. But spread our message. Let the world know of the atrocities the Wiki Wars allowed! GO!" Both of them hesitate, reluctant to abandon their leader, but when he stares them down they quickly obey and flee the scene. Once they are out of earshot, Immaterial whips his phone out of his pocket and quickly punches in 911. (6+2) "Hello, this is Bill. Bill....Shrewp. Bill Shrewp, the District Attorney, who is being attacked by one of those Wikipedia Warriors downtown, unprovoked. Several of my colleagues are wounded and dead. I need immediate medical and police assistance."
"We'll be down there as soon as we can sir, try and find a safe spot until then."

Immaterial's back-up doesn't arrive as soon as he wishes; NAV comes out of the alleyway resting his Golf Club on his shoulder like it was a sword, the bulky club end of it stained with fresh blood. Immaterial looks around for a way out as NAV comes closer, casually walking up to him, swinging his 9-iron around like it was the cane of a stage entertainer. Suddenly, possible salvation appears as the militant that fled from NAV earlier comes back, and packing heat! (2 vs. 7) NAV ducks down as the militant aims a revolver at him and opens fired. Wanting to avoid being shot, NAV cocks his arm back and throws his club at his assailant like it was a javelin. (3+2 vs. 6) The militant weaves to the side as the club flies by him, missing him by inches. NAV curses and pulls out his rifle as a proper way to deal with this new threat. (10) Taking advantage of the diversion, Immaterial runs through an abandoning building and out the other side. He keeps running until a police car with sirens blaring finds him, and stops in front of him. Additionally, he can hear the cries of an ambulance in the distance. Two officers rush out of the car to greet him, "Are you hurt Mr. Shrewp? Where did you last see your attacker?" (Pain has ended.)

Execute points to the portal, "I come from beyond that portal, there, I came here merely to arm myself and be gone, I mean no further trouble." The Native Warparty Leader looks at the glowing purple portal before pulling a few of his officers back to confer with them. After some tense whispering that Execute is unable to hear, they all return. The Leader gets down on one knee, prompting his two officers to do so as well, and then all of the other warriors around follow suit. The leader speaks with his head bowed to Execute, "Unlike those other pale men who came from across the waters, we know that you are a true God, as you have not only the power to open up portals from the Otherworld, you are able to speak our tongue. We will follow you from now on, whatever your name is, Father. I will not order you, but I pray and beg for you to help us to defeat those invading false-Gods. If you do, you will gain the trust and loyalty of the others, I am sure of it."
Execute has gained Loyal Followers:
1 War Party Commander (War Banner, Obsidian Sword, Cloth Armor, Hardwood Helmet)
3 Officers (Obsidian Swords, Cloth Armor, Hardwood Helmets)
14 Soldiers (Obsidian Spears, Bows, Hardwood Helmets)

Abstract declares that he will be the savior to the people of Denmark and offers his vehicle for evacuation. Sports cars aren't exactly built for capacity, so rather than taking any large group or families, he settles for one couple and a single women, who all hadn't dismissed his political campaign and asked him to leave. He then drives off South towards Cooperstown, slightly delayed by the increasing snowfall by reaching there within a few minutes. He parks the car on the village's central road. "We're here!" His passengers look around: there's a single barn and a few stores nearby. "Where are we supposed to go?" One of them asked.

Ukranian Ranger chuckles. "You think this just a school for some silly brats who want to learn a parody of Kung-Fu? I am a Kung-Fu master, no, a Kung-Fu GOD!" (3+2) Ranger follows this up with a fairly impressive jumping roundhouse kick. She is generally ignored, except for one skinny teen who looks like he would skip half of the days in school. "Hey Kung-Fu lady, that kick was rad. I would like to chill and learn how to kick ass with you, dude."

Weather Report: The snowfall remains constant. Expect a foot of snow by mid-night.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MyNameIsImmaterial (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nunzillor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukranian Ranger (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 10:30:06 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 26, 2016, 10:37:55 pm »

......ummmmm........I'll call the local police chaps they'll pick you up and help you relocate temporaryily besides this place is much safer then back there
call the police of coopertown to pick up these refugges.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:53:21 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 26, 2016, 11:01:29 pm »

Fff totally forget to post an action. So my gas tank is totally ruined huh. Well, doubt I'll be able to drive the car like that. I need to find a way to make some money, so I can get all these injuries treated.

Reload my weapons. Take the keys to the car, the toolbox, and the Shloer with me(unless I can't carry it. Then leave it behind for now), and make my way to a pawn shop, or a similar store. Don't go inside yet if I find one really nearby.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 26, 2016, 11:05:17 pm »

Fff totally forget to post an action. So my gas tank is totally ruined huh. Well, doubt I'll be able to drive the car like that. I need to find a way to make some money, so I can get all these injuries treated.

Reload my weapons. Take the keys to the car, the toolbox, and the Shloer with me(unless I can't carry it. Then leave it behind for now), and make my way to a pawn shop, or a similar store. Don't go inside yet if I find one really nearby.

Even though this game is on a fast schedule, if you're not in a combat situation, missing a turn or two won't hurt you that much really, at worst it will slow your plans.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 26, 2016, 11:14:14 pm »

New Poll: Kill-count Kill "Absorption"

Here's a new feature I've thought about implementing that I would like feedback on. In order to make the game more competitively balanced and to encourage new/weaker players to take on stronger/experienced players, I had an idea to implement Kill-count Absorbtion, which would mean that killing a player would mean getting adding half of the killed players kill count (rounded-down) to your own kill count. (If they had 0 or 1 kills, you would still get +1 to your Kill-count.) For example, if you had 1 Kill and you killed someone with 6 Kills, your total Kill-count would increase to 4. There are three ways this could work:

A. Absorb half your opponent's kills and gain that number of articles as well. (Kill someone with 8 Kills, you get +4 Kills and 4 new Articles.)
B. Absorb half your opponent's kills, always get 1 article.
C. Don't implement absorption at all.

You can vote on the poll here.

Feedback appreciated.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 26, 2016, 11:19:19 pm »

((Oh my god, all of my articles are perfect for what I've been thrown into, I feel like Harry goddamn Dresden right now with how out of my depth I feel.))
The new god was surprised, but quickly hid his expression of shock, and yelled to his new followers, in a booming voice, "YOUR CHOICES ARE TRUE, I AM A TRUE GOD, AND AS YOU ASK OF ME, I SHALL ASSIST YOU IN YOUR ENDEAVOURS TO RID THIS LAND OF THE PLAUGED FALSE GODS, WE SHALL PUSH. THEM. BACK!
NOW QUICKLY, TAKE THESE WEAPONS AND ARMOR FROM THE BODIES LEFT HERE, AND SHOW ME WHERE YOUR PEOPLE LIVE, AND I SHALL TEACH YOU HOW TO USE THEIR WEAPONS.
"
Any chance of a roll to check if they're lying?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 16 - A New God (New Poll!)
« Reply #475 on: January 26, 2016, 11:26:01 pm »

"Darling, you would shoot your true love?" *Sparkle sparkle*

Cap him while he's romantically distracted and get my 9-iron back.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 26, 2016, 11:44:22 pm »

((Oh my god, all of my articles are perfect for what I've been thrown into, I feel like Harry goddamn Dresden right now with how out of my depth I feel.))
The new god was surprised, but quickly hid his expression of shock, and yelled to his new followers, in a booming voice, "YOUR CHOICES ARE TRUE, I AM A TRUE GOD, AND AS YOU ASK OF ME, I SHALL ASSIST YOU IN YOUR ENDEAVOURS TO RID THIS LAND OF THE PLAUGED FALSE GODS, WE SHALL PUSH. THEM. BACK!
NOW QUICKLY, TAKE THESE WEAPONS AND ARMOR FROM THE BODIES LEFT HERE, AND SHOW ME WHERE YOUR PEOPLE LIVE, AND I SHALL TEACH YOU HOW TO USE THEIR WEAPONS.
"
Any chance of a roll to check if they're lying?

(Free Lie Detection Roll: 7) Either they are telling the truth or these guys each deserve an Oscar.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 27, 2016, 06:42:53 pm »

Train the teenager in the dojo
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Nunzillor

« Reply #478 on: January 27, 2016, 06:55:17 pm »

Go door to door in search of Danish sympathizers that will treat my wounds.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 27, 2016, 06:57:23 pm »

Go door to door in search of Danish sympathizers that will treat my wounds.

The houses are pretty much all abandoned.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 97