Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 153468 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 19 - Might of the Kaurava
« Reply #525 on: February 03, 2016, 04:25:08 pm »

Twinwolf desires a lighter, and fortunately, there is a gas station intact nearby. Far from the center of Denmark, it appears that it was far enough away from the cataclysm that it didn't suffer any damage. Twinwolf goes inside the gas station, with its typical layout, and finds an arrangement of cheap lighters that can easily fit in a pocket. He doesn't, however, have any currency to buy one.
First thing's first: Is there anyone in the station? It's not necessarily obvious, given the kind of wanton destruction that happens in these games.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 19 - Might of the Kaurava
« Reply #526 on: February 03, 2016, 04:39:35 pm »

Twinwolf desires a lighter, and fortunately, there is a gas station intact nearby. Far from the center of Denmark, it appears that it was far enough away from the cataclysm that it didn't suffer any damage. Twinwolf goes inside the gas station, with its typical layout, and finds an arrangement of cheap lighters that can easily fit in a pocket. He doesn't, however, have any currency to buy one.
First thing's first: Is there anyone in the station? It's not necessarily obvious, given the kind of wanton destruction that happens in these games.

Yeah, since it was untouched by the mini-apocalypse everything is fine and there's a clerk. He'll probably meander around or go the bathroom at some point.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 20 - Supreme Ultimate Tiger Woods No-Jutsu
« Reply #527 on: February 03, 2016, 05:38:08 pm »

Hand over $100 as thanks, and as apologies for the tournament. Tell them I wish to prevent further damage, rather than add to it. I'll try to be this town's defender from the other warriors! Make my way to the nearest wiki warrior.

That went well. Now to finally go back to getting myself shot at again. Also wow NAV that was... deadly. Its like one of my Japanese Animes.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 21 - Convergence of Warriors
« Reply #528 on: February 05, 2016, 02:31:56 am »

Round 21: Convergence of Warriors
Weather Conditions: Snowing (10.2 inches)
Time: Evening

Hawk lunges for one of the pistols next to the body of a police officer while NAV recovers to his feet and makes a dash for the beanbag lying in the snow, each of them racing to make the first move. (Agility: 10 vs. 6) Hawk pulls up the loaded gun and aims it before NAV can place his golf club next to the fallen beanbag, the flare of the gun's flashlight pointing out NAV in the darkness. (2 vs. 7) Hawk fires off three shots that light up the dark street, all of which fail to hit him.

As Abstract is confronted by his barber to pay the fees for his service, Abstract laughs it off confidently and explains the obscure law that as a centenarian he is exempt from the law and that he can call the Royal Palace in England if he has further questions. (5+2) The barber somewhat buys his bullshit, or at least is confused long enough for Abstract to bid a hasty retreat to his car and drives away. Abstract drives down the city roads which contain only light traffic due to the amount of snow present. Abstract makes sure to get about a mile away so that there is no chance the barber could be following him.

Greatness can sense the presence of a nearby Wiki-Warrior in the vicinity of the campsite and begins to track him/her based on pure samurai instinct alone. He doesn't have to look long as he spots a machine-gun wielding soldier wandering around the camps as he was doing. Greatness ducks behind a building, well actually there are a lack of buildings in the area so he steps into a nearby tent. He gestures to the occupants inside to stay silent by placing his index finger on his lips, they comply. He peeks out of the tent and observes the roaming warrior. His adversary is lightly armored by has heavy fire, it would be a wiser decision to fight him when he was closer; performing a long-distance running sword charge on a ranged enemy would be suicide.

NAV's golf club slashes across the ground and hits the beanbag, sending it flying like a golf ball across a green 18-hole course. (9+2 vs. 8) When the club, enhanced by NAV's warrior powers, hits the beanbag, the force is so strong that it tears the beanbag apart and sends its contents barreling outwardly at the speed of bullets. The spread of these beans is so great that most fail to hit Hawk, except for one which hits his right ankle at such a great velocity that it actually breaks the bone while embedding itself inside. Hawk curses and falls backwards, as NAV snatches his golf club up and runs for him, trying to end this fight as quickly as possible. (6 vs. 5) Hawk as NAV gains ground on him and fires off a single shot which the Kaurava warrior is able to block on account of his heightened mystical reflexes, using the golf club's thick end as an improvised shield. The bullet is deflected but the impact of the shot causes NAV to drop the golf club and stop his assault temporarily.

Execute confers with the Emperor and plans to take out the leader of the Invaders to weaken their whole structure. He waits until nightfall and with the guidance of scouts he sets out alone, flying through the night sky towards the base of his enemies. He flies over a sprawling jungle which separates the Natives from the ocean, and it is on the beach of the land where the campsite is. Execute lands atop of a cliff and peers below; he sees that hastily constructed campsites and shelters have been constructed on the shore, but judging by their shoddy nature Execute assume that their leader would not be staying in any of them. He would most likely be in one of the ships, mighty warships for their time that dwarfed everything around them in size and power. There were about a dozen ships in total and three of them were the largest and most opulent, those three most likely housed the captain and most important members of the European conquest.

Nunzillor explains her plan to overthrow the local government to the truck driver, giving him a bow and skiing off. The truck driver stares at her as she leaves, mutters something about foreigners to himself and continues driving down the road. Nunzillor looks for a payphone, but would there be such a device in this modern age of cell phone dominance? Apparently, there just so happened to be a payphone still in commission not too far from the sports bar. Nunzillor enters, rifling through the Yellow Pages inside until she comes across the number for the chapter of the Wisconsin Tea Party. (10+2) Nunzillor talks of her plan to aid in Wisconsin Secession, and that she is willing to give her services in exchange for mercenaries and funding. "Finally, someone willing to fight for our cause!" The reply on the other side is ecstatic. When Nunzillor relays her location, the Tea Party speaker instructs her to enter the sports bar and ask someone working their for Tiny Chuck, who she can discuss for further information. After the talk is concluded, Nunzillor places the phone back and notices that the Yellow Pages are now covered in blood, which continues to drip from her arm; she should get that checked out sometime soon.

Person thanks the volunteers for their services with a fresh Franklin as a way of paying reparations for the Wiki Tournament and claims that he wants no further destruction to Denmark, in fact, he'll even protect Denmark from anyone else who tries to ruin it further. The volunteers appear to be thankful and wish Person the best of luck as he heads out of the tent, making his way past the throngs of civillians to look for more Wiki-Warriors. As his boots crush the snow under him and his breath creates vapor in the air, he can't shake the feeling that someone is spying on him. (Perception vs. Stealth: 1-1 vs. 6 = Stealth Fail) Person makes a complete 360 and looks over his entire surroundings carefully, but can not spot any sort of threat, unless there is a competitor nearby disguised as a civilian; in that case, any of these people could be a threat, a thought that makes him shiver with latent paranoia.

Ukranian Ranger circles the battle between Hawk and NAV, hiding behind a nearby car as it goes underway. She peers over, watching Hawk falls to the ground as NAV charges only to be stopped as his golf club is shot out of his hands. Ranger takes this opportunity to jump over the hood of the car and launch a sneak attack on Hawk. (Perception vs. Stealth: 3-1 vs. 1 = Stealth Fail) Hawk is focused on NAV when just out of the corner of the eye he spots Ranger trying to sneak up on him at the last possible moment. (8+2-1[Failed Stealth] vs. 9+2) Ranger leaps at NAV and spins around with an elegant flying Chinese Butterfly Kick. Instead of connecting, NAV performs a backwards somersault and the kick hits misses a single hair on her body. Ranger lands in a fighting stance, firm but still shocked; NAV must be a skilled fighter if he could counter a perfectly executed 6th degree black belt technique like that. (7+2+3 vs. 6+2) NAV responds with a flying knee of his own, and Ranger can only put up her arms to block the attack. Ranger's left forearm absorbs the full force of NAV's mighty strike and the sound of it fracturing is audible, the force sending her flying back and slams her into the side of the car she was previously hiding behind, her back cracking one of the car's windows. [Forearm Fractured + Pain]

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nunzillor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukranian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 05, 2016, 02:40:48 am »

(Shiz, probably should have brought the knife.
Could I hide the wings?))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Nunzillor

« Reply #530 on: February 05, 2016, 02:42:31 am »

Enter the sports bar, remove the bullet if it's still in the arm, and try to stop the bleeding with napkins.

"Tiny Chuck-sensei?  Our... mutual friends sent me.  Do you like... tea...?"

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:22:03 am by Nunzillor »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 05, 2016, 02:43:35 am »

(Shiz, probably should have brought the knife.
Could I hide the wings?))

You can fold them in, but it's pretty obvious if anyone sees you from behind. Thank Queztocoal for that.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 05, 2016, 03:29:52 am »

((To be fair, I was tempting fate with the whole 'asking a god for power' thing, I'm just lucky I didn't get a 1.))
Okay, let's fly over to one of the warships, and silently land, we'll have to start sneaking, then start looking for explosives in the cargo hold.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 05, 2016, 05:12:38 am »

Alright, I have the perfect idea.

I wait until he gets close to the tent. When he does, I burst out at lightning speeds, hoping to surprise him. While he's surprised, take out my Katana and stab forward, hoping to pierce his Light-Armor.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 05:28:43 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 05, 2016, 07:27:31 am »

Get up and attack Nav with a flurry of kicks
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 05, 2016, 08:36:51 am »

Crawl away from the madman while shooting him.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 05, 2016, 09:12:01 am »

Attempt to get a job and become a hardworking productive member of society.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 05, 2016, 03:19:22 pm »

Switch to my vetterli and rifle Hawk a question, then pick up my club again.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:54:25 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 05, 2016, 04:04:02 pm »

Make my way to higher ground, attempting to spot any would be opponents. Have my smg ready for fire on a moments notice. If the civilians dislike this course of action, use diplomacy to tell them that I'm guarding this camp. Still, keep my distance to be wary of impostors.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 22 - Blood on the Snow
« Reply #539 on: February 07, 2016, 12:43:28 pm »

Round 22: Blood on the Snow
Weather Conditions: Snowing (10.5 inches)
Time: Evening

NAV nearly rips the the sling of his Vetterli rifle off as he tears it away from his shoulder and into his hands, clearly not happy with the way things have been going so far. (1+2 vs. 6-2) Hawk crawls on his back, pushing himself away from NAV as the Kaurava shoots two shots, one going over Hawk completely and another hitting the ground a few inches south of the area between Hawk's legs. Hawk retaliates, laying on his back and pointing his pistol at NAV. (2 vs. 6) NAV ducks as a couple bullets pierce the air over his head. Hawk uses this time to take cover behind a police car. NAV pursues briefly, but as he hears Ranger groaning and grunting up to her feet, he recalls he has other problems. He snatches his golf club off the ground and turns to face her.

Execute takes to the air and flies down to one of the large warships on the beach. (3) He lands on one of the ships and heads into the cargo hold are looking for explosive materials; tip-toeing and folding his wings into his back to the best of his ability. He goes down some stairs and into what looks like a storage room, where crates are hoarding all sorts of material and supplies. Execute begins to pry one of them open when he looks up to see a sailor who he didn't see standing in the shadows, staring back at him.

Person heads towards higher grounds, pulling out his sub-machine gun just in case he faces a challenge. The citizens around him react unfavorably to this action, but he assures them that he is only guarding the camp site. (Perception: 7-1) A bit of erratic movement in a tent catches Person's attention out of the corner of his eye. He swings around as Greatness comes charging out of the tent screeching a samurai battle cry with his Katana hoisted above his head. (Initiative: 1 vs. 6) Person points his gun at Greatness and pulls the trigger, realizing in this dire moment that he had forgotten to turn the safety off. (4+2 vs. 1+2) Greatness swings his Katana down and catches Person in the head. This would have been a nasty wound if Person did not have some insurance; his helmet take the blow and is cut right through the top, stopping centimeters from Person's skull. Person steps back and frees his helmet from the blade, which now sports a big glaring gash at the top. (3+2 vs. 1) Person sprays a volley at Greatness, one bullet fated to be a headshot instead lands in Greatness's Mindwarper Helmet. The mind-reading device groans and its lights shut down, indicating that it was now broken.

Hawk crawls behind the side of a police cruiser, putting some space and cover between NAV and himself. He grabs the hood with one hand and uses it to steady himself as he rises above the cover on one good leg. He bends over, propping his arms with the bottom of his elbows and aiming down the iron sights of his pistol. (5 vs. 2) He empties the final three bullets of the clip into NAV and hits him in the left ear. NAV staggers forward and Hawk slinks down behind the cop car once more.

Nunzillor goes inside "Joey's Sports Bar", greeted with dim lights, the smell of beer and the sounds of pool balls slamming into one each other over the distant groan of hard rock music. Nunzillor asks for Tiny Chuck, and the bartender indicates a man at the end of the bar; Tiny Chuck, by Nunzillor's estimates as she gets close, looks to be over six-feet tall and 250 pounds, sporting a full curly reddish-brown beard. "Tiny Chuck-sensei?  Our... mutual friends sent me.  Do you like... tea...?" Tiny Chuck turns to face Nunzillor, considering her appearance and stature. "I'll be honest, I didn't expect someone like you. Take a seat. And I ain't drank tea in a long time." He picks up a whiskey bottle on the table and chugs about a fourth of it down. "So, what specifically are you gonna' need? And how can you prove we can trust you, that you ain't working with the Feds or the Democrats?"

NAV stares down Ukranian Ranger, ready to smash her skull in with his club, so he's caught by surprise when he hears gunshots ring out from behind him, followed by half of his ear getting obliterated. He staggers froward as if someone had just sucker punched him from behind, giving Ukranian ample time to get to her feet and go Chun-Li on his ass. (9+2-1 vs. 10+2) Ukranian unleashes a breathtaking amount of side-kicks, crane-kicks, and round-house kicks, performing them with a smooth, almost instantaneous transition between each attack. NAV responds with an equally impressive defensive maneuver, ducking and twisting his body so that each kick goes around his body, ducking under the kicks aimed at his head and then immediately jumping over the sweeping kicks. (2+2+2 vs. 6+2-1) During one of Ranger's high kicks, NAV seizes her ankle before it can come down on him; he then twists his body and throws her with a mighty throw as if he were launching a shot-put.

Greatness retracts his blade from Person's head only to have his precious mind-reading device blown up on his head. Furious, he runs at Person and thrusts his blade at the center of his body. (1+2 vs. 2+2) Person leaps back and Greatness's katana's tip enters into half an inch of Person's armor, but no deeper. (6+2 vs. 6) Person would shoot, but he would much rather get Greatness, and by extension, Greatness's Katana which is inside his armor, away from him first. Person takes the butt of his SMG and swings it into Greatness's face. The Samurai falls over to the side, pulling his Katana down with him. (Injured Jaw) Person takes a couple steps back and points his gun down at the prone Greatness.

Abstract takes upon a very unconventional battle plan; rather than try out typical Wiki-Warrior styles like "Fearless Berserker" or "Sneaky Assassin" or "Leader of Many", Abstract begins his "Don't Fight Anyone and Get a Good Job, Gradual Rise through the Ranks, Get Married, Buy a House in the Suburbs, Retire to Florida and Bring the Grandchildren to the Beach Before Dying in a Trolley Accident at the Age of 84." This will no doubt inspire fear in everyone that opposes him. (5) Abstract looks through the job listings in a newspaper discarded on the sidewalk, but there's not too many job openings right now in Green Bay that Abstract would qualify for. While it isn't a job, there is an Open Amateur Professional Wrestling Tournament Scheduled for tommorow morning in the city, with cash prizes awarded to the top competitors.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nunzillor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukranian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:34:12 pm by TCM »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 97