Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Roll To Halo Turn 5  (Read 6345 times)

rockhard556

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll To Halo Turn 5
« on: March 18, 2011, 10:21:36 pm »

I realize i am a new to these forums however i do have some experience (almost 3 years now) in making forum games (although i have never done an RTD it sounds interesting and there's nothing quite like diving into a bottomless pit blindfolded without any safety gear). Although i don't have a clue how to use spoilers so if at the start of every section you can see the spoiler tags I'll fix them ... soon ... maybe

Set Before Combat Evolved also some things wont be cannon just so you know

Players Back story
A small group of covenant and humans as well as some flood broke off from all the major races and formed a colony on a small world called  Hersh they found it to be an ancient forerunner world and had massive amounts of they're tech on it however they made a deal with the worlds monitor in exchange for leaving the forerunner tech in peace the remaining machines on the planet would join them they have now attacked reach while the covenant and the flood were fighting each other and the humans on the world you are all in a single squad

APP

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HUMANITY

COVENANT

FLOOD

FORERUNNER

EXPLANATIONS

DICE

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:27:41 pm by rockhard556 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Halo
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 11:15:35 pm »

Sure, I'll give it a go. ^^

Name: Simon James
Background: Lieutenant Commander; has fought in multiple battles in all types of situations and is most known for being a skilled pilot.
Favorite Weapon: MA5B Assault Rifle
Favorite Vehicle: Pelican
Race(covenant): N/A
Faction: Humanity
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 11:25:36 pm »

Name:Bob Adams
Background:Lance-Corporal, Bob prefers close-quarter-combat
Favorite Weapon M60 Shotgun
Favorite Vehicle:Pelican
Race(covenant):N/A
Faction: HUMANITY!
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 11:29:08 pm »

Character App
Name:Agrea
Faction: Flood

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 11:40:00 pm »

Name: Todd
Faction: Flood

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 11:40:35 pm »

I'll give it a try. Heh, you remind me when I started my first RTD.

Few tips just in case you didn't know them already:
You should put statuses in quotes within spoilers, preferably at the bottom an update post, it's a good format. e.g.
It's a good idea to quote player's posts, it means people don't have to search for another player's actions if they want to know what they did that turn. It's not absolutely necessary, but it saves the players time, and doesn't take all that long.
You should also try your best at making sure we all know where to go without limiting us to one direction. Let us take the long way if we feel like failing like that.
Don't change the rules too much, since new rules don't always agree with some people, and they may leave. I learned this the hard way, it wasn't fun. :-\
Try not to take more than a week or so on updates or people may forget where they were.
Have fun doing this. If you don't, then your players will notice, and no one will have fun. Don't do turns when you're feeling down.

Anyway, here's my character:

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

rockhard556

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Serious Concentrate

High End Noob

adwarf

Ze Spy

Tarran
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:55:53 am by rockhard556 »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Halo Turn 1: To Bravely Get Ourselves Dead Before Turn 10
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 11:57:01 pm »

a +2 to a roll involving that weapon seems like alot to me, assuming your using a 6 sided dice.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Do de de de do-oh hey, those look like hostiles."

Beam some random grunts to death.

a +2 to a roll involving that weapon seems like alot to me, assuming your using a 6 sided dice.
Let alone my +3 To Damage... Severe overkill.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Corporal Adams, man that turret!" Commander James said. "Let them know we're coming." They - the humans, the covenant, the forerunners, hell even the flood - had worked too hard to achieve this peace to let anyone take it away... even his own race.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Sir!" Lance-Corporal Adams said, getting to his feet.
Mount the Turret, and pick-off some grunts and infection forms.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...and infection forms.
But... but... they're Ze Spy and adwarf! And they're not even in the same pelican! Why must you hurt our teammates?!

rockhard556

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tarran they are in the pellican what HEN (i hope thats okay) is aiming at is beyond me the ODST's are fighting grunts

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile

We are all in the same Pelican

Wait for one of the ODST or Grunts to die, then infect 'em

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We are all in the same Pelican
You know, I was actually writing up a pretty damning response to prove you wrong when I saw "the" referring to a single pelican in my location instead of "a" like everyone else.

The location discrepancies confused me. You and adwarf's profiles make no mention of the marines (including Serious and HEN) in the back, while Serious and HEN make no mention of me or you two.

Sooooooo... I blame my confusion on rockhard. Bad rockhard. Bad.
Pages: [1] 2 3