Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404466 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.03 r1
« Reply #645 on: February 28, 2012, 09:53:06 pm »

How do you utilize keybinding?  When I try
Code: [Select]
keybinding A job-material ORTHOCLASEthen request a list, it puts 'job-material' and 'ORTHOCLASE' on different lines.  Adding ':' seems to change it, but not make it work.  What do?

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 28, 2012, 10:28:01 pm »

Changevein, huh? 

So basically I could take those big ass clusters of orthoclase or mica and turn them into something like magnetite, coal, native platinum, or diamonds?

As kickass as that sounds, I'll probably try to refrain from using it, where's the challenge in letting yourself pump out massive bling without any trouble at all?
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 28, 2012, 10:30:22 pm »

I'll probably end up converting microcline into orthoclase here in specific.  Same value, different color, keeps the above-ground fort consistent.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 28, 2012, 10:35:15 pm »

That's an interesting idea, but I like blue and yellow makes me want to puke, so I'd do it the other way around.

Fortressdeath

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #649 on: February 28, 2012, 10:37:36 pm »

Be aware that "changevein" only works within 16x16 blocks, so changing an entire vein or large clusters will require multiple uses.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #650 on: February 28, 2012, 10:38:48 pm »

How do you utilize keybinding?  When I try
keybinding A job-material ORTHOCLASEthen request a list, it puts 'job-material' and 'ORTHOCLASE' on different lines.  Adding ':' seems to change it, but not make it work.  What do?
Like this:
keybinding set A "job-material ORTHOCLASE"
Now, the problem with this is, that 'A' is a single, and commonly used key. So you'll probably want to do this right after that:
keybinding clear AAnd then bind the command to something else. Like for example 'Shift-A', 'Alt-A' or 'Ctrl-A'.

Even better, you can use the 'dfhack.init' file to hold a bunch of keybinds and see some examples of how they can be defined. The example file dfhack.init-example should be in your DF folder. Just rename it to dfhack.init. DFHack will execute the commands in it when it starts.

Changevein, huh? 

So basically I could take those big ass clusters of orthoclase or mica and turn them into something like magnetite, coal, native platinum, or diamonds?

As kickass as that sounds, I'll probably try to refrain from using it, where's the challenge in letting yourself pump out massive bling without any trouble at all?
If it's too much of a temptation, you can always go into DF/hack/plugins and delete whatever you want in there. Or you could change those big blobs of orthoclase and microcline to some boring old rock that blends in with the layer ;)

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 28, 2012, 10:47:29 pm »

It's not a problem.  I know I can delete the plugin and I (probably) have enough self-control to not use it.

I like Girlinhat's idea though.  Change the stones around to make the fort more colorful.  Instead of drab greys all the time (though that's not a big problem), I can change to stuff like olivine or pitchblende or kimberlite or bauxite and have some nice splashes of color in the fort.

Fortressdeath

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 28, 2012, 10:48:57 pm »

The included help could use some sprucing up.  Basically, every time someone asks a question like "how do I use keybinding" then it means "the keybinding section of the help needs more info".  "A" is not the same as "Shift-A" and "SHIFT-A" is not the same as "Shift-A" either.

Works now, so it's all good, but could preempt these questions with a more detailed help file.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 28, 2012, 11:20:15 pm »

Something else I've been meaning to ask.

The fixdiplomats funtion, does it give the player trade agreements with the elves, or do they just annoy with logging quotas?

Fortressdeath

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #654 on: February 28, 2012, 11:27:35 pm »

The fixdiplomats funtion, does it give the player trade agreements with the elves, or do they just annoy with logging quotas?
Just logging quotas. It would certainly be possible to have "fixmerchants" work on Elves, but I only wrote it to work on Humans because they're the only ones that are supposed to have that.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 28, 2012, 11:30:03 pm »

I can't seem to find the answer in the readme, so I guess I'll ask here...

I'm running Ubuntu, so I can't utilize DFLair. Is there any other tool with the same functionality? For some reason I remember there used to be, but now I feel like I imagined it.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 28, 2012, 11:30:58 pm »

I have a request.

1. a hack that allows the defaults uniforms for militia to be copied.
2. a hack that allows the base materials for the uniforms to be modified.

Reason being.  I can't copy/backup original uniforms to modify them.  I have to recreate them.
I can't change the material of Leather headwear.  If I want all leather uniforms, and want to modify leather.  And I want to say Metal Headwear, I have to specify Metal Helms, or Metal Caps, etc.  It would be nice to have a hack for that.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 28, 2012, 11:40:02 pm »

Just logging quotas. It would certainly be possible to have "fixmerchants" work on Elves, but I only wrote it to work on Humans because they're the only ones that are supposed to have that.

I think I'll leave that off then.  Don't need to have them bug me about trees if I can't tell them to bring me more bears in return.   :P

Fortressdeath

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #658 on: February 28, 2012, 11:57:43 pm »

I think I'll leave that off then.  Don't need to have them bug me about trees if I can't tell them to bring me more bears in return.   :P

If you don't give them diplomats, then you won't be able to refuse their quotas (or just outright murder the diplomat) and get them to start a war.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 29, 2012, 12:32:17 am »

That's ok, I don't feel like picking a fight with the elves.  The one time I did fight them, it felt like I was kicking a baby around.  :P

Fortressdeath
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 373