Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404466 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.05 r1
« Reply #990 on: March 25, 2012, 10:40:43 pm »

The Troll DirtyChineseCigarettes has come! An annoying 12 year old with ADHD, it posts rude comments designed to seed anger. Beware its flames!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
« Reply #991 on: March 25, 2012, 11:08:29 pm »

i joined the forum before you did.

anyways im not trolling, the update caught me inbetween forts and without prospect i dont know if im getting fucked at embark. i dont want to gen in .05 and then update, esp since he said the update would come today and because there can be bugs.

althought it was fun to play the part, a few trixsy posts and the flame retardants came busting in frothing at the mouth " IGOTS THIS GUSY I GOTS THIS HES A TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 25, 2012, 11:28:41 pm »

The spinning comeback strikes the tahujdt in the ego, fracturing the supposed superiority and bruising the dignity! tahujdt has been struck down.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 25, 2012, 11:32:17 pm »

The spinning comeback strikes the tahujdt in the ego, fracturing the supposed superiority and bruising the dignity! tahujdt has been struck down.

Good sportsmanship
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 25, 2012, 11:48:02 pm »

Good sportsmanship

Yep -and better than than Tahujdt latches on.... i could do without 15 pages of red spam

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 25, 2012, 11:59:55 pm »

Alternate ending: the spinning comeback strikes the tahujdt in the ego and the severed part sails off in an arc!

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 26, 2012, 12:37:16 am »

Alternate ending: the spinning comeback strikes the tahujdt in the ego and the severed part sails off in an arc!
There are many, many students of zen who wish it were so easy to rid oneself of one's ego.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #997 on: March 26, 2012, 12:43:21 am »

I was poking around in the git repository, and it looks like things have gotten quite a bit more complex from the days of just having to update a memory offset for a particular tool to work.  Is that accurate?

Yeah. The way old DFHack did things, all the addresses (which give the location of statically-allocated structs, including pointers to dynamically-allocated stuff) and offsets (which give the location of fields within dynamically-allocated structs) were loaded at runtime from one big XML file.
Tools needed to update for a typical new version of DF:
  • Cheat Engine (or similar)
  • a decent text editor

In the new DFHack, all the offsets (and a fair number of addresses) are gone; all structs are now described using a system of XML files, which get translated into C++ header files and compiled into the DFHack binary.
  • git
  • cmake
  • perl with XML::LibXML and XML::LibXSLT
  • MSVC++ 2010 (on Windows) or GCC (on Linux)
I guess the new system is meant to improve speed (nice for stuff like stonesense) and memory usage (very important, since the new SDL-fakery means DFHack lives in the same memory-space as DF now), but I'm glad it's not my job to update it.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 26, 2012, 12:46:39 am »

... I'm glad it's not my job to update it.

Amen to that.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 26, 2012, 12:51:24 am »

I was poking around in the git repository, and it looks like things have gotten quite a bit more complex from the days of just having to update a memory offset for a particular tool to work.  Is that accurate?

Yeah. The way old DFHack did things, all the addresses (which give the location of statically-allocated structs, including pointers to dynamically-allocated stuff) and offsets (which give the location of fields within dynamically-allocated structs) were loaded at runtime from one big XML file.
  • Cheat Engine (or similar)
  • a decent text editor

In the new DFHack, all the offsets (and a fair number of addresses) are gone; all structs are now described using a system of XML files, which get translated into C++ header files and compiled into the DFHack binary.
  • git
  • cmake
  • perl with XML::LibXML and XML::LibXSLT
  • MSVC++ 2010 (on Windows) or GCC (on Linux)
I guess the new system is meant to improve speed (nice for stuff like stonesense) and memory usage (very important, since the new SDL-fakery means DFHack lives in the same memory-space as DF now), but I'm glad it's not my job to update it.

Actually, we need more than that.

Cheat engine is still needed, as is ida, and likely a few other things I don't know about.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 26, 2012, 06:19:02 am »

Is this the place to post suggestions? I'd love to see a "Spear of Armok" / "Adamantine Spire" generator - something that makes a heaven-to-hell adamantine spire on a specified spot on the map.

If there's a way to do that with the existing utility, I could definitely use instructions how. I tried to use the "tiletypes" command to do this but I just could not figure out how. If it's possible to do with that, I could use step-by-step instructions.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 26, 2012, 06:23:33 am »

With the existing dfhack itīs not possible to create new adamantine spires similar to the usual ones (i.e. huge spires stretching vertically over lots fo z levels). You can however cheat infinite amounts onto your map with changevein, probably also tiletypes. And the next version will allow you to change the material of stone layers so you could turn your whole map into candy.

Now what you want is probably possible somehow (by creating new veins on the game map), but it would need to be programmed first.

Edit: I still have to figure out how to properly use tiletypes myself. It could use some better documentation.
With changevein it works like this:
- put in-game cursor over a vein or cluster (for example one of those ugly microcline blobs).
- in the dfhack console type 'changevein RAW_ADAMANTINE' and press enter
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:27:43 am by robertheinrich »

Malarauko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 26, 2012, 07:12:48 am »

Long time user first time poster.

Please keep up all the good work and take all the time you need to make DFHack work.
Dwarf Fortress - Losing is fun.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 26, 2012, 09:25:45 am »

Is this the place to post suggestions? I'd love to see a "Spear of Armok" / "Adamantine Spire" generator - something that makes a heaven-to-hell adamantine spire on a specified spot on the map.

If there's a way to do that with the existing utility, I could definitely use instructions how. I tried to use the "tiletypes" command to do this but I just could not figure out how. If it's possible to do with that, I could use step-by-step instructions.
Tiletype deals with specific tiles.  The adamantine spires are map features, where the game essentially does worldgen, and during worldgen it leaves a sticky note, "there is a spire on this square".  Then it leaves it there.  When you actually visit the location, it makes the location on the spot and saves it.  When it makes the location, it gathers all the sticky notes it left during worldgen.  "The grass is arrow grass, the trees are maple, the dirt is clay, there is a spire."  Proper spires occur when it accidentally grabs the wrong sticky note.  Instead of "there is a spire at z20" it accidentally gets a "there is a spire at z100".

I've attempted to compile more information but it seems no one really caught onto it very heavily.

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 26, 2012, 05:21:48 pm »

Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 373