Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404576 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2745 on: January 04, 2013, 09:31:11 pm »

You can just remove the Stonesense plugin; it's got further issues with 10.6.8 support, IIRC. (Or ignore the message; it shouldn't interfere with normal operation, I don't think.)
Er, is there any way to fix this? I kinda DLed dfhack only for it... :P. also, speaking of updates, I heard you can ask the storekeeper to give a flash drive with the OS upgrade. Is that true?

As I said, I do not currently have access to a 10.6.8 build machine. Thus, even when I get stonesense fully working for 10.7+, there is no guarantee that it will work on 10.6.

If you are willing to do a little extra work, you could build it yourself. I'd even be willing to help you through the process (preferably on IRC, in the #dfhack channel on Freenode, but I'm flexible).

For the update, I don't think they're selling the flash drives anymore: they're not selling Lion at all.

I have such a machine (10.6.8) and so I could *try* to build one myself. How exactly does this work?

You can use a PM if the process is extremely complicated.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: January 05, 2013, 10:13:58 am »

A small request for AutoSyndrome:

As I understand it...

Spoiler: Priorities (click to show/hide)

Is there any chance that priorities 3 and 4 could be switched, thereby giving immunities priority over affected creature/classes?  Maybe a silly request, but I can envision this getting muddled up somewhere down the line.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: January 05, 2013, 10:28:26 am »

The reasoning was that you can have an immune class, but have a creature be affected as an exception, despite having that class. If a creature is named specifically as affected, then it really ought to be affected.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: January 05, 2013, 02:11:51 pm »

The reasoning was that you can have an immune class, but have a creature be affected as an exception, despite having that class. If a creature is named specifically as affected, then it really ought to be affected.
But that means if you have a syndrome that's supposed to affect normal humans alone, and not vampires, werewolves, or zombies/husks, then it will affect them regardless.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: January 05, 2013, 03:31:08 pm »

Hm. Is that the way syndromes normally work?

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: January 05, 2013, 05:05:39 pm »

You can just remove the Stonesense plugin; it's got further issues with 10.6.8 support, IIRC. (Or ignore the message; it shouldn't interfere with normal operation, I don't think.)
Er, is there any way to fix this? I kinda DLed dfhack only for it... :P. also, speaking of updates, I heard you can ask the storekeeper to give a flash drive with the OS upgrade. Is that true?

As I said, I do not currently have access to a 10.6.8 build machine. Thus, even when I get stonesense fully working for 10.7+, there is no guarantee that it will work on 10.6.

If you are willing to do a little extra work, you could build it yourself. I'd even be willing to help you through the process (preferably on IRC, in the #dfhack channel on Freenode, but I'm flexible).

For the update, I don't think they're selling the flash drives anymore: they're not selling Lion at all.

I have such a machine (10.6.8) and so I could *try* to build one myself. How exactly does this work?

You can use a PM if the process is extremely complicated.

The process is described in the Compile document.

If you need help, then during the week, you're likely to be able to find me as Delvin_Anaris or Delvin_at_Work in the DFHack channel on Freenode's IRC server. (Help of this sort is vastly easier in a real-time format than over forum PM. But if you can't do IRC, I can do my best to help over PM.  :D )

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: January 05, 2013, 05:17:46 pm »

Can anyone tell me how to change the Dfusion plugin to use caste names?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: January 05, 2013, 05:18:04 pm »

Hm. Is that the way syndromes normally work?
Yes, as those get [SYN_CLASS:WEREBEAST/VAMPIRE/ANIMATED_CORPSE] in order to prevent someone repeatedly getting the same curse or getting both lycanthropy and vampirism. If you want a syndrome to target all members of one species regardless of curse status or undeath, just give it [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE] and nothing else. Those curses won't disqualify if the syndrome doesn't have any disqualifications specified.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: January 05, 2013, 06:25:24 pm »

Thanks, I'm starting by downloading the stuff needed to make cmake work. I didn't find any "downloads" section in the XCode preferences, but I've used the command prompt to compile programs before (and I have used "make install" for a few things).

If things go well I might be able to finish this tomorrow, but I cannot give any guarantees. Delay beyond tomorrow may result in this taking a few days

How many other people here use Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)? Also is this the earliest version of Mac that will run DF or is the earliest version 10.5 (which also runs with Intel macs)?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:27:40 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Deep

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: January 06, 2013, 07:17:11 am »

Hi.  I started trying to use DFHack recently.  if i type "prospect" into the command window it seems to work and gives me mineral info

if i type "tweak patrol-duty" nothing seems to happen and there is no impact in game as far as i can see, could anyone tell me what i need to type in to activate the fix on training counting towards bad thoughts.  I have spent a long time reading the DF-Hack readme but i must be doing something wrong or not understanding it .. in fact there are lots of things that it talks about that i cant access. i typed "ls" and it doesn't list or give commands for a lot of stuff in the readme or probably im just not understanding it

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2755 on: January 06, 2013, 10:06:40 am »

is there any way to determine which skills are rusty vs very rusty? i'm assuming it's using the values in the unit's skill list (unused_counter, rusty, rust_counter and demotion_counter) but i haven't been able to figure out where it draws the line between rusty and very rusty.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: January 06, 2013, 03:14:30 pm »

Progress update: I'm currently installing the mac ports dependencies. It is mentioned this may take a long time; yesterday it appeared stuck so I terminated the process and instead went on to install the pearl dependencies. Do I need to have the mac ports dependencies installed or can I use the binary install for cmake and then compile?

Edit: Crisis averted, the mac port dependencies install is done. I'm now going to look into the actual compilation of dfhack. Typing stuff into the terminal during compilation may screw things up.

Update: I've downloaded a fresh, completely unmodded version of the latest Dwarf Fortress and used it. The program is at the "make" stage which means hopefully stuff will be finished without errors.

Update2: The process failed in the make stage with the following errors

dfhack/library/LuaTypes.cpp:467:55: error: 'strnlen' was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [library/CMakeFiles/dfhack.dir/LuaTypes.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [library/CMakeFiles/dfhack.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I've tried to restart the process, but I get the same error. Problem seems to lie in the code.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:07:54 pm by CaptainArchmage »

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: January 06, 2013, 09:43:06 pm »

Progress update: I'm currently installing the mac ports dependencies. It is mentioned this may take a long time; yesterday it appeared stuck so I terminated the process and instead went on to install the pearl dependencies. Do I need to have the mac ports dependencies installed or can I use the binary install for cmake and then compile?

Edit: Crisis averted, the mac port dependencies install is done. I'm now going to look into the actual compilation of dfhack. Typing stuff into the terminal during compilation may screw things up.

Update: I've downloaded a fresh, completely unmodded version of the latest Dwarf Fortress and used it. The program is at the "make" stage which means hopefully stuff will be finished without errors.

Update2: The process failed in the make stage with the following errors

dfhack/library/LuaTypes.cpp:467:55: error: 'strnlen' was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [library/CMakeFiles/dfhack.dir/LuaTypes.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [library/CMakeFiles/dfhack.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I've tried to restart the process, but I get the same error. Problem seems to lie in the code.

CaptainArchmage, I should be able to help you bash at this tomorrow during the day (US Eastern time). I'll be available in the aforementioned IRC channel, or you can shoot me a forum PM when you'll be around if web-IRC isn't a viable option for you.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: January 06, 2013, 09:53:31 pm »

Thanks. I've written down the single error message I get as it appears starting with the file address. I'll have to check up on my schedule as it goes.

Update: OK I think I've got why the compile was failing, but I now have further problems with a missing Docutils, which wasn't happening before. I will need to look this over tomorrow. may have been happening but I didn't get any fatal errors so I disregarded it, is it serious?

I'm going to try to make with the edited file.

Still has the "out of scope" error.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:41:39 pm by CaptainArchmage »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2759 on: January 07, 2013, 12:01:51 am »

A quick question: Can a building be given the OUTSIDE tag, like furniture or windmills already have? For something thats needs to be build aboveground.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 373