Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404390 times)

moondowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #4395 on: August 14, 2013, 02:07:07 am »

Are you running [PRINTMODE:TEXT] ?
No. I think I didn't make myself clear - the game itself launches in a separate window, but the terminal is still occupied by it. Here's the screenshot
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: August 14, 2013, 05:19:51 am »

No. I think I didn't make myself clear - the game itself launches in a separate window, but the terminal is still occupied by it.

It looks normal to me. You should have a command prompt in the terminal after dfhack as finished initializing where you can enter commands. The game is on a separate window.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: August 14, 2013, 05:57:51 am »

I don't think it looks right, he should be seeing a DFHack prompt by then.

I seem to misunderstand some basics about how to use DFHack on linux  :( When I run dfhack script in terminal, it starts Dwarf Fortress and the terminal output is captured not by DFHack, but by DF itself (same as if I would launch ./df). It wouldn't let me enter any commands, obviously. 'pgrep dfhack' says dfhack is running, though. What am I doing wrong?

What distro are you running and how did you install df + dfhack?

What happens if you run this from the DF directory:
Code: [Select]
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:"./stonesense/deplibs":"./hack"
setarch i386 -R env LD_PRELOAD=./hack/libdfhack.so ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: August 15, 2013, 02:14:29 am »

More importantly see if there is an stderr.log file and what's in it.

moondowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: August 16, 2013, 11:12:26 am »

What distro are you running and how did you install df + dfhack?
Debian Wheezy, 64bit.
I had to fix some 32/64bit library issues, but I've forgotten the details by now. As for DFHack, I just unpacked the archive to df directory, as the readme said.

What happens if you run this from the DF directory:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:"./stonesense/deplibs":"./hack"
setarch i386 -R env LD_PRELOAD=./hack/libdfhack.so ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress
Makes no difference. DF starts, console is stuck on "Resetting textures".

More importantly see if there is an stderr.log file and what's in it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 11:17:14 am by moondowner »

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: August 16, 2013, 01:16:44 pm »

Unable to retrieve version information.
File: /proc/self/exe
MD5: 01645e9ac27f1f5c0eb7c77e1c9c57b8

That MD5 hash of your executable does not match any of the known DF versions, so DFHack shuts down. Did you apply any patches to the game? If so, you need to add its hash to hack/symbols.xml in the section for the appropriate version.

moondowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: August 16, 2013, 01:44:39 pm »

That MD5 hash of your executable does not match any of the known DF versions, so DFHack shuts down. Did you apply any patches to the game? If so, you need to add its hash to hack/symbols.xml in the section for the appropriate version.
Thanks, it worked! :) Now I get DFHack console alright.
I did edit /libs/Dwarf_Fortress to get rid of "Not found: /data/art/mouse.png" problem.

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: August 17, 2013, 02:48:46 pm »

Since training-ammo and fix-armory seem not to be precisely this, is there any plugin around that will allow my marksdwarves to pick up ammo from bins and wheelbarrows? They tend to ignore the containers and prefer to stay ammo-less.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4404 on: August 17, 2013, 10:50:58 pm »

Store ammo in a stockpile with 0 allowed containers.

EDIT: I got crashes related to add-splatter.plug.dll. If I remove this file the game does not crash, its a CTD on embark sometimes. Several people reported it, and the linux/mac version couldnt run with their version of the add-splatter at all.

Does anyone know anything about it? The plugin has been in use for the mod for a long time, but I never connected it to crashes before. I also did not change any items or coverings that I use the plugin for, so I am naturally quite surprised that its a problem all of a sudden.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:08:51 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: August 18, 2013, 01:39:17 am »

Got a save file and reliable reproduction instructions?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4406 on: August 18, 2013, 07:05:34 am »

I do have half a dozen saves, crashes are reproduced no matter what I do. But I just uploaded a new version of the mod, I will wait and see if the problem solved itself. If it persists, I will come back with a few saves and as much info as I can gather.

EDIT: Oh, and does anyone have an idea how to trigger this script with autosyndrome? If I trigger it, it cannot find the unit... Its supposed to add +1skill to a creature pastured on a workshop. The script should work fine, and the trigger with autosyndrome works as well, but the script does not recognize a valid target. Its probably just a few lines of code that must be changed.

-- This script will modify skills, or a single skill, of a unit
-- usage is:  target a unit in DF, and execute this script in dfhack
-- via ' lua /path/to/script skillname '
-- the skill will be increased to 20 (Legendary +5)
-- arguments 'list', 'classes' and 'all' added
-- by vjek, version 3, 20130123, for DF(hack) 34.11 r2
-- Praise Armok!

function make_legendary(skillname,unit)
local skillnamenoun,skillnum

if unit==nil then
print ("No unit selected!  Aborting with extreme prejudice.")
return
end

if (df.job_skill[skillname]) then
skillnamenoun = df.job_skill.attrs[df.job_skill[skillname]].caption_noun
else
print ("The skill name provided is not in the list.")
return
end

if skillnamenoun ~= nil then
utils = require 'utils'
skillnum = df.job_skill[skillname]
utils.insert_or_update(unit.status.current_soul.skills, { new = true, id = skillnum, rating = rating or 1 }, 'id')
print (unit.name.first_name.." is now a Level ".. rating .." ".. skillnamenoun)
else
print ("Empty skill name noun, bailing out!")
return
end
end

--main script operation starts here
----
local opt = {...}
local skillname

local unit      = df.global.world.units.all[opt[1]] --I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS WILL WORK
      skillname = opt[2]

if not opt[1] or not opt[2] then
print("Your syntax is wrong. To be exact...")
if not opt[1] then
print("You forgot to declare a unit!")
end
if not opt[2] then
print("You forgot to say what skill you wanted!")
end
end
make_legendary(skillname,unit)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 07:25:07 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: August 19, 2013, 05:54:32 pm »

I wonder if my game got glitched or something because in using the DFhack, I saw there were a few kobolds standing around for a while for whatever reason and I used slayrace on them because I thought they were broken somehow and then it showed some goblins around, but I can't find them.

I first used slayrace on the osprey men and then axolotl men, but no idea if that broke something. When I did slay race on them, they appeared in the same area.

Edit: They dissapeared on their own somehow.....

Edit2: nm, they're just hiding REALLY well.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 08:47:30 pm by smjjames »

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: August 21, 2013, 10:49:05 am »

Using the workflow plugin to make rock pots.  And I use the job manager to make bone armor at a different craft shop(s) near the butchers.  So I fill the rock crafts shop with jobs and suspend them.

I was wondering, anyone figured out another way to keep the manager from assigning jobs to a shop?  I don't like all the red on the jobs screen.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4409 on: August 21, 2013, 05:08:36 pm »

Download save that crashes with add-spatter.

For ag: I mentioned how several people reported problems with crashes and the Masterwork Mod. I got 6-7 reports about crashes that happens instantly upon embark. You select your team of dwarves, hit 'e', and get a CTD. Deleting the add-spatter.plug.dll in the hack/plugins folder always solved this crash. Above is an example save. Maybe you, or anyone else with greater knowledge of the .dll plugins, can find a reason for this.

Here is the report I got about the above crash:

I include the add-spatter.plug.dll since V.2c and use it for the Toxicologist's Laboratory, the Rune Weaponry and the Rune Armory. The mod is now on V.3f, which is ~10 updates. I never had any crashes with add-spatter, and I did not change any raws that use this plugin. I did add more reactions for Kobold Mode, but those are not active when playing as dwarves, and the crashes happen in Dwarf Mode.

Thats about all the info I can think of. Good luck and thanks for any help that can be given.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 373