Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 382834 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]
« Reply #3510 on: March 09, 2014, 08:59:11 pm »

They're space weapons.

Pew pew pew...

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: March 09, 2014, 09:06:04 pm »

They're space weapons.

Pew pew pew...
void projectors i get, its their melee weapons that have me wondering

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: March 09, 2014, 09:49:51 pm »

They're space weapons.

Pew pew pew...
void projectors i get, its their melee weapons that have me wondering
I think they're chainswords. All of them.

Jesterdwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Because the only thing that I do good is bad jokes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: March 15, 2014, 07:32:35 am »

Hi all.
First, thanks a lot for this mod Narhiril, it's amazing. I registered on Bay12 because i wanted to say that.
Second, i have a question. In the description of dwarves no beards are mentioned, only nails, that are always very long. Is this because of some inner DF restrictions or problems? Typical description looks like this:
He is very skinny. His nails are extremely long. His hair is clean-shaven. His protruding jade eyes are wide-set. His ears are free-lobed. His skin is pink.
I tested it on multiple saves, worlds, versions of DF and LFR, every time the same thing: no beards, long nails. Females have them too (nails, not beards).

(I'm not a native English-speaker, so sorry for brain damage that you might receive reading my post. Feel free to point out any of my mistakes).
Not a native English speaker and all that so... Yeah, my posts may look like gibberish, but trust me, there is a meaning in them somewere. Or at least that's what I like to think.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: March 16, 2014, 09:22:10 am »

Hi all.
First, thanks a lot for this mod Narhiril, it's amazing. I registered on Bay12 because i wanted to say that.
Second, i have a question. In the description of dwarves no beards are mentioned, only nails, that are always very long. Is this because of some inner DF restrictions or problems? Typical description looks like this:
He is very skinny. His nails are extremely long. His hair is clean-shaven. His protruding jade eyes are wide-set. His ears are free-lobed. His skin is pink.
I tested it on multiple saves, worlds, versions of DF and LFR, every time the same thing: no beards, long nails. Females have them too (nails, not beards).

(I'm not a native English-speaker, so sorry for brain damage that you might receive reading my post. Feel free to point out any of my mistakes).

Does this same thing happen with vanilla DF?  Any changes I made to beards would have been accidental.

Also, thank you, and I'm so glad you're enjoying LFR.  :)

Jesterdwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Because the only thing that I do good is bad jokes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: March 16, 2014, 10:05:25 am »

No, this happens only in LFR. I play both with and without mod, and beardless dwarves (sounds like an oxymoron, heh) appear only in modded game. Also, as far as i can tell, this "bug" appeared in 0.15a version.
Not a native English speaker and all that so... Yeah, my posts may look like gibberish, but trust me, there is a meaning in them somewere. Or at least that's what I like to think.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: March 16, 2014, 12:11:01 pm »

No, this happens only in LFR. I play both with and without mod, and beardless dwarves (sounds like an oxymoron, heh) appear only in modded game. Also, as far as i can tell, this "bug" appeared in 0.15a version.

Thanks, that will help narrow it down.  I'll take a look at it.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: March 26, 2014, 09:46:53 pm »

In the Winter of 135, some Nephilim merchants came to visit the fortress of Guardsteppes.  The wagons and beasts approached the fortress from the north.  The dwarves of Guardsteppes ordered the marksdwarves to take positions along the walls, to look for ambushers.  The caravan circled around the western side of the fortress's outer walls, to the gate in the southern wall.

Shortly, the predicted ambushers were spotted: a squad of voidwalkers.  Somehow their captain -- a reaver -- had become separated from the annihilators.  The captain was very close to the fortress's gate, which put him within easy range of the first crossbow squad, who quickly crippled him.  He would not last long after that; the Nephilim guards, and the axedwarves and hammerdwarves of Guardsteppes, converged upon him and pounded him without quarter, a Stonekin hammerdwarf finally bashing its brains in with his tungsten war hammer.

Around this time, the Nephilim ambassador, a magister named Inpello Rectusfinis, arrived on site and started toward the fortress from the southeast.  Meanwhile, the voidwalker annihilators were slowly advancing south along the eastern wall of the fortress.  The second marksdwarf squad was only partially in position, but were able to put a few bolts into a couple of the annihilators.

The dwarves were expecting the magister to enter the fortress and head toward the mayor's office to begin negotiations, but the magister's sheer vitriolic hatred of the voidwalkers came as a shock.  A dwarf in a battle rage has been known to charge recklessly into danger, swinging her axe and raising her runic defender against harm; but seeing the slender unarmed magister unfurl her wings and fly straight into the squad of annihilators left the dwarves stunned.

The magister's fury knew no limits.  With naught but tooth and claw, she set upon the first annihilator, first tearing off a finger, then fracturing a wing, then biting its foot so viciously that the foot became entirely unusable.  As they struggled, the magister shifted her bloodstained jaws to its leg, and then to its arm, biting hard enough to open an artery.

The axedwarves were sent out to assist, but they would need time to reach the battle.  The other annihilators began firing their energy weapons at the magister.  One of them managed to land a hit on the magister's left leg from behind; the steel bound void energy sliced entirely through the leg, severing it completely.  Another shot broke the magister's ribs and knocked her away, where she lay collapsed in pain.

The axedwarves, fortunately, were able to arrive on the scene before the annihilators could follow up; with support from two marksdwarves firing from the eastern wall, they were able to destroy the annihilators.

The magister's fury had finally cooled. She refused all assistance, and hobbled into the fortress on her single remaining leg, to meet with the mayor.  Naturally, the thoughtless wench couldn't even be bothered to stop her dodging training until ordered to do so by the manager; at which point she decided to get a drink, and then head to her room for a nap, with the poor blood-soaked Nephilim magister all the while crawling after her begging for a few moments of her time.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:50:22 pm by greycat »
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

BillCobbett

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: April 06, 2014, 06:30:11 pm »

1. Just wanted to say fantastic job. I am continually surprised by this mod, truly legendary

2. The meowkin emissary just came to negotiate trade terms. They have tamed a race of creatures I have never seen or heard of before called clawed crustaceans of the abyss. It looks like my goblin amphitheater is going to have to become a lake

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: April 06, 2014, 06:32:39 pm »

1. Just wanted to say fantastic job. I am continually surprised by this mod, truly legendary

2. The meowkin emissary just came to negotiate trade terms. They have tamed a race of creatures I have never seen or heard of before called clawed crustaceans of the abyss. It looks like my goblin amphitheater is going to have to become a lake
I always request a pair of those from the caravan just for amusement value. They're so massive and expensive, it's all they bring.

spigo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: April 12, 2014, 08:05:01 pm »

First off, I want to say I love the mod. Everything seems to fit in right next to vanilla content somehow, and it seems like there's always some easter egg or something to interest me.

Second, I have a bug to report. There seems to be an issue with the 'Commune with Visthel' reaction. I set it on repeat and profiled it to some sacrificial migrants, and everyone who used it turned into a Paragon. My guess is it has something to do with autosyndrome, but I don't know.

A related issue is that one of them went berserk as well as transforming, which, of course, means she's unkillable. She reverted after a while, but now she's considered an enemy of the fort. I'm now in the peculiar situation of having one paragon smacking the other with his sword, but of course neither of them is dying.

Visus Draconis

• Bay Watcher
  • Prognosticationist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: April 13, 2014, 03:13:30 pm »

Nar, may I use a feature of your mod as a basis something I'm making? In particular, I'd like to ask for the use of the Saboteur interactions as the base for my cults and infiltrators.

I'm going to give you the credit, of course. I just liked the idea of having dwarves from your fortress destroy it from the inside (actively, that is, not as a result of their own idiocy), so I'm going to make a bunch of them, hehe.
"Armok, I would like a set of ☼adamantine socks☼ for the winter holiday."

Syndrome-causing cloud of creeping mist appears at the edge of the map.

"I'll take that as a no."

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: April 14, 2014, 02:33:59 pm »

Nar, may I use a feature of your mod as a basis something I'm making? In particular, I'd like to ask for the use of the Saboteur interactions as the base for my cults and infiltrators.

I'm going to give you the credit, of course. I just liked the idea of having dwarves from your fortress destroy it from the inside (actively, that is, not as a result of their own idiocy), so I'm going to make a bunch of them, hehe.

By all means!  :)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: April 14, 2014, 02:35:38 pm »

First off, I want to say I love the mod. Everything seems to fit in right next to vanilla content somehow, and it seems like there's always some easter egg or something to interest me.

Second, I have a bug to report. There seems to be an issue with the 'Commune with Visthel' reaction. I set it on repeat and profiled it to some sacrificial migrants, and everyone who used it turned into a Paragon. My guess is it has something to do with autosyndrome, but I don't know.

A related issue is that one of them went berserk as well as transforming, which, of course, means she's unkillable. She reverted after a while, but now she's considered an enemy of the fort. I'm now in the peculiar situation of having one paragon smacking the other with his sword, but of course neither of them is dying.

It's supposed to be an extremely low chance, and it might be related to autosyndrome firing when it shouldn't.  Thanks for the report, I'm looking into it.

Golbolco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: April 16, 2014, 12:07:07 pm »

I'm trying to build a machine shop, but the manager window doesn't list rock chains as something I can make. If that's the case, what do I do?
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 240