Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 131664 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #210 on: June 01, 2018, 05:31:04 pm »

Should that have given Farsky/Mabel FP? I'm not sure if they didn't get it because of diminishing returns or not.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 01, 2018, 05:54:45 pm »

Thanks for pointing that out.  Added 1 FP to both Farsky and Mabel.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2018, 05:57:05 pm »

I might be pushing my luck now, but is 2/10 the intended amount for the Orchard?

(I'm still trying to figure out what kind of benefit the Giant trait could possibly have that outweighs a crippling 1.5X food cost multiplier. Looks like it isn't a labor bonus, though admittedly planting trees doesn't exactly require herculean strength)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2018, 06:01:33 pm »

Once Logistics is completed, there is going to be a major event once I can survive a turn staying at home.

Can't wait~

Make some clubs from a forest- that will help in wartimes. Or just smashing anything that attacks you, like those mammoths that were made some turns ago. Then you can make spears out of their bones and use those to hunt more of them.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 01, 2018, 06:06:24 pm »

Malvol infests E3 with aggressive dire wolves for 5 FP.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 01, 2018, 06:27:47 pm »

I might be pushing my luck now, but is 2/10 the intended amount for the Orchard?

(I'm still trying to figure out what kind of benefit the Giant trait could possibly have that outweighs a crippling 1.5X food cost multiplier. Looks like it isn't a labor bonus, though admittedly planting trees doesn't exactly require herculean strength)
It's still pretty early in the game.  Who knows what giants are capable of?  (Hint:  you haven't researched the tech related to your trait, yet.)
Eating 50% more food is admittedly a big deal early in the game.  Later, that extra food cost will most likely be trivial, and you'll have workers who are 2X the size of everyone else.  This might be a big deal, or not, depending on how much combat occurs in the game.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 01, 2018, 06:37:07 pm »

Mabel
Wait...
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 01, 2018, 07:04:25 pm »

Hmm~ I kinda based my race off of the Sao: Alfheilm Cait Sith. They can fly for ten minutes outside caves. They are also natural beast tamers, so that's something I'll research later in game, but this should let the Cait Sith travel far distances in a single day.

Maybe 3 or 4 squares. I plan on dumping an entire day's research on it. Granted, this will be the day after I pray to you. Need enough food to do so.

I really want those wings of light/mana to be something all Cait Sith are born able to do. Might be able to reach The People too.

If that's why you say wait... If we work together we can add that magic trait to the Cait Sith. Flight-nya~

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 01, 2018, 10:27:44 pm »

Was just looking over the last few turns of the game.  I can see how you would feel that your trait is unbalanced.  50% increased food consumption is a big deal when food is scarce in the beginning.  This is setting you back tech-wise since you have to devote so many workers to food gathering.

I think you are doing well, though, considering your increased food consumption.  The fertile tile yields, on average, 1 more food than a normal tile per worker , which is helping a bit.  You have 9 total research to Dipnoi's 16.  Dipnoi has been getting good food rolls, in addition to a couple of techs that increase yield.  Xekarni has lost some workers but has gotten a lot of bonus food.

My thinking was the giant's increased size will give them a large advantage in combat, but if the game ends up peaceful in nature, that's not much of a bonus.  I was thinking that the giants' large size would give them a bonus in construction, too.  Maybe that's not enough good to offset the bad.

I'm thinking of gifting the Jotun some bonus food this turn.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 02, 2018, 12:05:00 am »

Thinking about it, maybe you could give the giants a bonus to all collection-type actions. I imagine that a giant would easily harvest/collect more than the average individual.

If there is some resource depletion mechanics, it would then also cripple them in the long run if they don't expand/secure resources while making their early run easier.

Also love the game!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 02, 2018, 01:22:11 am »

Honestly you don't need to actually tell me all this. What is the game without some secrets? I just like complaining about the food cost.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 02, 2018, 02:13:24 am »

Well, your post really got me thinking, and I realized that it wasn't just complaining -- the Jotun really are at a pretty big disadvantage.  I don't really want to change their food consumption, as that gives them a unique flavor, but I want to do something to help them out in the early game.  So I guess I was just thinking out loud, and wanted to see what people think.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:15:02 am by Zazmio »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 02, 2018, 05:18:08 am »

Turn 9 - The Stone Age

Noteworthy tiles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Artifacts:

Creatures:

Divine Projects:

Godly actions of note:
Blarg gifts talking to the Swamp Zebras.  It costs 0 FP, because, why not?
Nagas unleashes motherfuckin' snakes on the motherfuckin' plains of H4 as a form of Zap on The People.  For 3 FP, one worker dies to snakebite!
Malvol infests E3 with aggressive dire wolves for 5 FP.

Civilization actions:

Dipnoi Republic
2 Workers attempt to research Snake Taming before they realize another tech is needed first!  So they end up with 1 point in Snake Taming, and 1 point in Domestication.
2 Workers research Mud Construction.
1 Worker creates 1 Blowdarts.
3 Workers forage for Food in H6, finding 7 food.
Use 3 Food to create 1 Worker.

The Xekarni
Goruk and 2 workers hunt at H5 (equipped with 3 crude spears) and find 6 food.
3 workers forage at H5 and find 7 food.
2 workers research Battle Formations.

Orassan Empire
2 workers forage for food at B3 with 2 crude tools and find 7 food.
1 worker makes a crude tool.
1 worker researches farming.
1 worker researches spear making.
3 food is spent to make 1 worker.  The worker morphs into a cat-like demihuman worker!  Mabel gains 3 FP!  Blarg gains 1 FP!

Cait Sith
2 Workers forage for food at J1 and find 5 food.
2 Workers take 2 Crude Spears and fish at J1 and find 4 food.
2 Workers forage for food at K1 and find 4 food.
2 Workers take 2 Crude Spears and fish at K1 and find 4 food.  Blarg gains 1 FP!
2 Workers finish up the Logistics Problem.

The People
3 workers forage at H3 and find 10 food.
3 workers forage at H4 and find 6 food.
4 workers make 4 crude tools.  Then one worker dies to snakebite!

Jotun Oligarchy
3 workers forage at C4 and find 9 food.
3 workers forage at D3 and find 7 food.
3 workers forage at D4 and find 5 food.
1 new worker is made at the cost of 4 food.  Farsky gains 1 FP!  Mabel gains 1 FP!

Potato Pirates stagnate.  Last chance before disaster comes!

Civilization status:

Godly status:

Techs known to all:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:57:06 pm by Zazmio »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 02, 2018, 05:27:41 am »

NAGAS IS ZAPPING MY PEOPLE AND I DISLIKE THAT.

>:(
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 02, 2018, 05:43:01 am »

NAGAS IS ZAPPING MY PEOPLE AND I DISLIKE THAT.

>:(
I don't know why it became a zap! I just wanted snakes!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 119