Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 236

Author Topic: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension  (Read 524286 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension
« Reply #3285 on: August 04, 2017, 01:36:55 am »

The defenders of Ashdod, last territory of the nation of Ashdod, dominion of Inanna, have met their deaths. After casting the Eyes of God, it seems that this is like kicking down a picket fence and reaching a brick wall:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On the plus side, the Agarthans need seven points to win and they can get at most six - as long as I hold my two Thrones.
That's why scouts are a good idea.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: August 05, 2017, 08:56:38 pm »

So I now understand how nasty astral corruption is. After casting it pretty much every global enchantment fell off within 3 turns and I've yet to see any enemy mages. Being able to throw greater horrors around is also pretty amazing since it seems to route almost any mundane army.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: August 06, 2017, 01:31:31 am »

So I now understand how nasty astral corruption is. After casting it pretty much every global enchantment fell off within 3 turns and I've yet to see any enemy mages. Being able to throw greater horrors around is also pretty amazing since it seems to route almost any mundane army.
The downside to Astral Corruption is generally only just that everyone else will want to kill you. However, the balancing effect of this sort of diplomatic concern is routinely overstated. If you can get and keep AC up from a position of non-weakness, it's likely to be a game winner. Of course, you'll likely only get there in an unusually large game anyway, or you'd use your slaves to win the game in a different way earlier.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: August 06, 2017, 07:01:29 am »

Fun thing about astral corruption is that, in most cases, big spells and resource investments just give you a bigger, mightier club to whack someone with. With AC, you're taking away the other guy's club.

With how much lategame armies rely on mage support and mage summons, turning every non-blood spellcasting into Russian roulette for the caster can make for some very big swings.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: August 06, 2017, 04:46:07 pm »

Finished that game, it was interesting since I saw 2 different doom horrors that got summoned.

On another note is there any AI improvement mods out there?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:49:07 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: August 15, 2017, 09:32:29 pm »

A question: Does Power of the Spheres boost Priest levels?

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: August 16, 2017, 12:49:31 am »

Not since Dom3. Alas.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: August 16, 2017, 01:32:09 am »

Not since Dom3. Alas.

Right, thank you. I couldn't remember and didn't have time to check definitively.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: August 16, 2017, 10:33:12 am »

As always, I recommend Debug Mod for these things since you can usually check something like this in 2m or so. Although asking never hurts, either, since others may have the same question. I know this particular topic is one that even some older players have misconceptions about.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: August 27, 2017, 10:02:16 am »

So many games, never knew sites that show graphs where a thing:

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: August 27, 2017, 02:45:53 pm »

Given all of the sites in the game I'm not surprised. Some are quite rare and you might not have the paths/time to uncover them after all. I definitely doubt that I've seen them all or all of the cool stuff that some might have.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: August 27, 2017, 03:39:16 pm »

Seems something appropriate for MA T'ien Ch'i to dig up.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: September 01, 2017, 05:31:56 pm »

This is driving me crazy. I had 3 Global enchantments. Then we hit 5 global enchantments and all the new ones wiped mine out. I try to cast them again but the other global enchantments are overpowering mine. I am putting at least 40 extra gems into them. How many gems does the AI use???

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: September 01, 2017, 06:58:33 pm »

This is driving me crazy. I had 3 Global enchantments. Then we hit 5 global enchantments and all the new ones wiped mine out. I try to cast them again but the other global enchantments are overpowering mine. I am putting at least 40 extra gems into them. How many gems does the AI use???
I don't know if you can call this a case of the AI being odd here, I don't think many players would use only 40 either, when a late enough for slots to be heavily contested.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: September 02, 2017, 01:17:10 am »

I've been playing this more recently, and I have what is probably a newbie question: how do you all keep track of what you're doing with all your units? I understand the mechanics at a microscale level to do things like chain path boosters together or script units in a sensible way, but whenever I try to do that over dozens of provinces I always seem to miss something, and the inefficiencies pile up until I'm swimming in gold or mages or blood slaves or other things that are not themselves directly helping me take provinces while other necessary things are lacking. So how do you handle all the bookkeeping?
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 236