Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21475 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2020, 06:25:24 pm »

Check out the remaining books in the queue. Use the information I've found already to look for books which might pertain to Everleigh Chenwere or the Misfortune Elixir. If found, check them out as well.

Take my loaned books and go to Alier's Cafe, overlooking the Evermost Coast. Find a table with a good view, and order the special. After I'm done eating order a Reinforce Focus Tea and resume reading books at the table.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2020, 08:29:13 pm »

Try to write a song before the drugs wear off.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2020, 08:33:59 pm »

Al and Bartholomew figure they got just about all they were going to get out of that particular coconut; at least for right now.

Though it occurs to them that they now have some manner of local currency. They check the ice cream stalls to see if any of them can take Spectral Doubloons as payment.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2020, 08:41:22 pm »

>Shoot the turtle again I'm tired of this fucking shit just let it die for fucks sake

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
it's over

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2020, 10:55:50 pm »

Turn 6
Check out the remaining books in the queue. Use the information I've found already to look for books which might pertain to Everleigh Chenwere or the Misfortune Elixir. If found, check them out as well.

Take my loaned books and go to Alier's Cafe, overlooking the Evermost Coast. Find a table with a good view, and order the special. After I'm done eating order a Reinforce Focus Tea and resume reading books at the table.

You check out Why No One Talks About The Mountain of Dusk Anymore, Basic Geomantic Experimentation, and 18 Facts About the Mountain of Dusk Everyone Thinks, and also take the other books the librarian recommended for you: Everleigh Chenwere Around The World, Amphibians And Everleigh Chenwere, The Legend Of Everleigh Chenwere, Mages And Hobgoblins: The Everleigh Chenwere Story, The Secrets of The Misfortune Elixir, and The Myth of The Misfortune Elixir.

You go to Alier's and order the special, which turns out to be Fire-Grilled Phase Poodle, and, after finishing your mean and having a sip of your Reinforce Focus Tea, you dig back into Why No One Talks About The Mountain of Dusk Anymore.

(Reading roll=9%+34% from previous.)
It seems you forgot to put in a bookmark and lost your place, so it takes you a bit to find where you left off, and don't make much progress from last time. Maybe once your focus tea kicks in?

What you managed to glean more since last time is that the book has moved on to describing the various deaths of previous authors who wrote about the Mountain of Dusk. All of them are gruesome and awful demises. That's about all you learn so far.

Try to write a song before the drugs wear off.
(Acoustics roll 77%=88% Failure)
Try as you might, you can't manage to conjure up any kind music to commemorate this experience.

And, suddenly, your skin turns back to normal, the numbness goes away, your skull skin grows back, and you can tell the drugs have worn off.

Al and Bartholomew figure they got just about all they were going to get out of that particular coconut; at least for right now.

Though it occurs to them that they now have some manner of local currency. They check the ice cream stalls to see if any of them can take Spectral Doubloons as payment.
Al and Bartholomew go up to the ice cream stand and try to make payment with the Spectral Doubloons.

"Are you trying to be funny with me?" the standtender asks. "These are Spectral Doubloons; they only come off of corpses. No legitimate merchant would take these as payment."

>Shoot the turtle again I'm tired of this fucking shit just let it die for fucks sake

(Justice IV (73)=13% Success!)
You flip your AWP back around and shoot the turtle at point-blank range, hitting it for (6d6 bullet damage=25) twenty-five bullet damage. The rain turtle (20+25 Bullet=22%-23% Unvitality bonus=-1% Critical Unvitality!) explodes into gore, showering you with rain turtle shell bits and meat and 50 Golden Pennies.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2020, 07:15:27 am »

"This fucking crate!"
Use my wagon summoning powers to summon a small exploding doom wagon and place it next to the crate, then get me and the station wagon out of the warehouse and get behind some cover, then explode the small exploding doom wagon and hope my friend to all wagons ability protects me from its explosion.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2020, 08:42:22 am »

Read.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2020, 09:36:53 am »

Fucking finally

>Collect the meat and shell bits. Someone's going to need 20 bear asses anyways. Continue hunting turtles until I get 300 golden pennies

it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2020, 11:53:51 am »

Al and Bartholomew went to go look for the other people inclined to search for the elixir. Apparently they needed some non-corpse related currency as they were not inclined to go into some shady back-alley ice cream stand at this particular moment.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2020, 03:54:32 pm »

"This fucking crate!"
Use my wagon summoning powers to summon a small exploding doom wagon and place it next to the crate, then get me and the station wagon out of the warehouse and get behind some cover, then explode the small exploding doom wagon and hope my friend to all wagons ability protects me from its explosion.
(Wagon summoning roll 43%=68%)
You summon as hard as you can, but it seems like exploding doom wagons aren't particularly populous in this area, and none come a-calling.

Read.
(Reading roll=47%+10% Focus Tea Bonus=57%+43% from previous. Book Complete!)
Your focus bolstered by the Reinforce Focus Tea, you continue reading Why No One Talks About The Mountain of Dusk Anymore.

The book continues on, saying that some, of a more conspiratorial bent, contribute the death of these authors to supposed secret societies such as The Society of the Hidden Rebirth or The Guild of the Boundless Lotus. Most of these allegations come from an organization called the Truth Revolters, which was believed to have only had one member, as no one has heard anything from them ever since Slass Spintbog, author of The Secrets of the Mountain of Dusk and the Truth Revolters' only known member, died.

Since all those authors of Mountain of Dusk literature died, most universities have expressly forbid their members from writing anything on the subject. Some believe this is simply to avoid having to arrange funeral services and replacement for their staff, but others posit that this could be due to sinister influence by the supposed secret societies.

Also, most publishers have refused to publish anything about the subject, likely for similar reasons to the universities.

Of, some have suggested a much less gruesome, more mundane reason why no one talks about the Mountain of Dusk anymore, and that is simply that, nothing new or interesting really happens on the mountain these days. Outside of a few local festivals, it's actually kind of boring.

You complete the book, and, for the first time in a while, then don't immediately start on a new one.

Fucking finally

>Collect the meat and shell bits. Someone's going to need 20 bear asses anyways. Continue hunting turtles until I get 300 golden pennies

(Long-range combat roll 72%=46% Success!)
Beachgoers look on in horror as a skittlemorph covered in rain turtle viscera scoops up bits of its freshly-killed corpse, then takes aim at another one, hitting it for (6d6 Bullet damage=17) seventeen bullet damage (17 Bullet=45%-23% Unvitality bonus=22% Still Conscious), wounding it.

The rain turtle, for its part, starts gathering up rain magic in retaliation.

Al and Bartholomew went to go look for the other people inclined to search for the elixir. Apparently they needed some non-corpse related currency as they were not inclined to go into some shady back-alley ice cream stand at this particular moment.
The standtender continues, "Yeah, it's all part of a ritual a bunch of city governments started having done a while back. Supposed to help cut down on murder. Really just on cuts down on the type of murder that has intent toward robbery, and doesn't really do much for any other kind of thievery.

"Also, I hear that some criminal types still take it and use it in the Black Market, then launder it somehow, so it really only cuts down on petty robbery-involved murder. But the point is that I have no use for the stuff."

You wander off, as this man clearly has no intention to take your money, and are so preoccupied with getting away from this man that you don't notice yourself accidentally bumping into a Smoke Cyclops.

"Sorry about that," he says. "Hey, you wouldn't happen to be able to get me away from here, would you? I got mixed up in an arranged marriage that I'd really like to avoid.

The name's Sponcy, by the way. Sponcy Bronsmire."

What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2020, 04:12:07 pm »

Al and Batholomew take a moment to think about if they are familiar with the name "Bronsmire"; specifically if that is the name of a foreign noble or something along those lines (This gets a bonus from Politician, and possibly squirrel too if it is a family of squirrels. If the politician bonus was required for a success and it succeeds, then it only confirms that they are not politically active if they aren't).

While thinking, Al responds. "Why do you need help getting away from Beachhaven? I'm pretty sure its not exactly known for border walls. Are you being hunted or something?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2020, 04:23:57 pm »

Reeeeeaaaaad!

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2020, 07:30:35 pm »

SELL! SELL! SELL!

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2020, 08:24:02 pm »

>Shoot it again. If it dies, pick up its corpse as well as its golden pennies. Repeat the rain turtle shooting + looting cycle until I have 300 golden pennies, or if I have to reload.

it's over

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2020, 12:02:48 am »

Turn 7
Al and Batholomew take a moment to think about if they are familiar with the name "Bronsmire"; specifically if that is the name of a foreign noble or something along those lines (This gets a bonus from Politician, and possibly squirrel too if it is a family of squirrels. If the politician bonus was required for a success and it succeeds, then it only confirms that they are not politically active if they aren't).

While thinking, Al responds. "Why do you need help getting away from Beachhaven? I'm pretty sure its not exactly known for border walls. Are you being hunted or something?"
(Politician roll 13%=16% Failure)
You don't think Bronsmire is the name of a politically important family, but you're not absolutely sure.

"My fiancé is a blight elf, Vorcious Myander, and her father is Challeer Myander, head of The Royal Shark Riders."

You try to recall if those names sound familiar. (Politician roll 13%=35% Failure) Nope and (Politician roll 13%=48% Failure) nope.

"So, anyway, I agreed to marry his daughter to settle a debt, but, from what I've heard, she's killed her last four husbands. But, if I'm in the middle of some business, he'll understand and won't make me marry her right away. So, do you happen to have a job that will take me away from here?"

Reeeeeaaaaad!
(Reading roll=10%+10% Focus Tea Bonus=20% of book finished)
After taking a short break from your last book, you dig into Basic Geomantic Experimentation.

Geomantic magic, the book says, is the practice of tapping into the latent magic of the earth. The foundations of modern geomantics were first discovered by the Steam Sasquatch, Chelm Spibblix, as when they were studying leylines on The Mountain of Dusk (all such leylines have now either decayed or are safely under government control, the book says).

It then talks about the nature of geomantic experimentation. There exist large-scale geomantic experimentation devices in places such as Yusterflun Arcane University, which try to study geomantics on an elemental level, but, on a basic level geomantic experimentation can be done with just a simple arcane level or mystic plum bob or occult gyroscope, if you can afford it. Barring any of those, very, very basic geomantics can be done by simply observing the general terrain of the area.

After learning about the basics of geomantic experimentation, it recommends a coupe of geomantic spells to practice.

The first spell focuses on both healing and earth. It requires chants, a parchment bearing special symbols, and total concentration. This style draws power from various astrological phenomena.

The second spell focuses on lava, specifically using it to attack enemies and create structures. It requires intense concentration.

SELL! SELL! SELL!
(Base Luck roll 10%=16% Failure)
As a hippie, you're not quite exactly sure how the whole business thing works. Also, what are you even selling?

>Shoot it again. If it dies, pick up its corpse as well as its golden pennies. Repeat the rain turtle shooting + looting cycle until I have 300 golden pennies, or if I have to reload.

(Long-range combat 72%=9% Success!)
You shoot the turtle, hitting it for (6d6 bullet damage=18) eighteen bullet damage, (17+18=35 Bullet=63%-23% Unvitality bonus=40% Still conscious) which wounds it pretty badly, but doesn't kill it.

It counter-attacks with rain magic (Rain Magic roll 17%=9% Success!), casting (1d4=2) Thundering Shell Hammer!

Suddenly, the rain turtle launches itself at you with force, and you (Justice IV (73)=4% Success!) manage to duck out of the way with ease, leaving you still at long range from the turtle.
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23