Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651195 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #1845 on: November 06, 2013, 03:51:47 pm »

Oh, man. I caught a Zoroark, and the first few times I used it in battle, I thought its Illusion ability (mimic the form of another Pokemon in your party) was a glitch, and I was afraid my game was corrupted!  :o
It is very trolly. If you could control who it mimics, I think it would be far more useful though. Right now it's kinda derpy.

I didn't know what it was the first time I saw one in mp. Someone sent out a Mewtwo and it died. Then another Mewtwo came out and I was like "wtf...".
It copies the last Pokemon in your party.  Stick something weak to Psychic in the last slot, and find great amusement as your opponent wastes a turn.  ^_^
We need to have a pokemon battle sometime. I bet it'll be very amusing.

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: November 06, 2013, 03:58:59 pm »

Oh, man. I caught a Zoroark, and the first few times I used it in battle, I thought its Illusion ability (mimic the form of another Pokemon in your party) was a glitch, and I was afraid my game was corrupted!  :o
It is very trolly. If you could control who it mimics, I think it would be far more useful though. Right now it's kinda derpy.

I didn't know what it was the first time I saw one in mp. Someone sent out a Mewtwo and it died. Then another Mewtwo came out and I was like "wtf...".

It's supposed to mimic the last pokémon in your party, IIRC, so - assuming that you get to choose the order of your team after Team Preview, since I haven't played online yet (my party right now is Talonflame + 0-5 eggs) - if you put a common 'lead' pokémon last, and Zoroark first, your opponent has to guess whether they're facing a lead or Zoroark - and if they guess wrong they can get dented quite badly before the match has really gotten started.

I'm assuming that Team Preview shows the full 6-mon party that you choose from, so there's another option - bluff Zoroark. If your opponent sees that you have Zoroark as a possible option they have to take it into account - even if it never leaves the bench.

Obviously most in-game opponents won't really be affected as they will for the most part either just be steamrolled anyway or use the right moves by dumb luck; the only opponents who Zoroark might be effective against are in the Battle Maison, but given its reputation for prescience, I'm not entirely sure that would work as intended.

*shrug* Just a couple of ideas on its use.

(pre-edit: multiple ninja'd - it's hard to type with one hand while using the circle pad on the 3ds to go back and forth in front of the daycare, surprisingly)

--

So last night I had a brilliant idea, which for whatever unfortunate reason requires an Espurr with its Hidden Ability. So I began a project to breed some HA Espurr. It's been an interesting journey so far; including accidentally breeding a shiny Mr Mime because I had a momentary lapse of reading ability and forgot it isn't actually in Espurr's Egg Group, and a couple of restaurant visits after I remembered that Smeargle is, and can learn all Espurr's known Egg Moves via Sketch.

I've been Wonder Trading off some unsuccessful breeds (3-5 IVs, the 5 IV ones I've discarded as they had the wrong ability), and am still trying to hatch a few 5 IV and mayyybe a 6IV one, so that I can carry on with plans that don't involve a catsplosion.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: November 06, 2013, 04:42:26 pm »

I gave up trying to dedicate my time breeding perfect IV pokemon.

My current stable of inbred mediocremon can still fight with the ultra well-bred pedigrees of ranked anyway. I don't know why, but I haven't lost a single battle out of dozens since I started using this exact stable:

1. Tyranitar
2. Greninja
3. Aegislash
4. Garchomp
5. Snorlax
6. Blaziken

They're all considered average by the IV judge. My Aegislash doesn't even have sacred sword. Blaziken is the completely wrong nature, with +special attack -speed. Almost everyone is weak to earthquake and water. Apparently such minor details don't matter. It's so strange seeing all my theorycrafting get thrown out the window. I feel like the coach of some underdog movie basketball team.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: November 06, 2013, 05:44:14 pm »

Does anyone have any leftover heracross or Ditto with good Ivs I could have?  I sorta want to do an epic gligar breeding project.  Because I hear this is a hilarious and uncommon counter to Garuchomp if you breed it to learn counter (and honestly I kinda want one).  If anyone needs me to create them some improved breeding stock from what I use I'll try to provide it.

Currently using:
Gardiovir 2IVs
Shuckle 5IVs!!!
Luxray 3IVs
Gogoat 1IVs (but shiny)
Blaziken 3IVs (baton pass!!!)

Gonna probably drop my not Iv'd charizard until I can breed a new one.  Might also try to soft reset a good Moltres.
Gliscor is probably gonna get on the team somewhat and I already have a Gyrados (got in trade with 3IVs and a decent nature) and an eevee that has 3IVs and anticipation and I don't know what to do with.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: November 06, 2013, 05:48:20 pm »

I'm fiddling with my team again.

GOOMY WHY ARE YOU SO BAD
I think the Goodra line was intended to suck. This gen was basically a fuck you to dragon fans. And to a lesser extent fighting and dark(fucking why, Dark wasn't even that strong).

Then again, Gamefreak doesn't know how to make Pokemon. See Pangoro getting fucking scrappy when its has STAB CRUNCH. And not being able to use almost any useful punching moves despite having iron fist.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: November 06, 2013, 06:01:12 pm »

Does anyone have something with pokerus I could get my hands on? I've got a couple of 31/31/31/x/31/x Honedges to trade.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: November 06, 2013, 06:02:43 pm »

Does anyone have something with pokerus I could get my hands on? I've got a couple of 31/31/31/x/31/x Honedges to trade.
Sure, I have tonnes. Who are you in game?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: November 06, 2013, 06:03:07 pm »

Ross.

EDIT: Sweet, thanks.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:06:06 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: November 06, 2013, 06:06:16 pm »

Add me onto the list too!

FC: (4098-2801-4375) 
FS Typing: Grass (Ivysaur, Tangela, Maractus)

I'll try to add as many of you guys as I can.

Added you as well (Chlorophyll Ivysaur? Yes please!).

Me: 0877 - 0781 - 0571
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: November 06, 2013, 09:04:57 pm »

Interesting, it's actually kinda neat that they thought to add something for your birthday.  I don't think I'll spoil the surprise, even though it's not particularly big, but it's rather nice. ^_^

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: November 06, 2013, 09:06:09 pm »

...my birthday was 2 days before the games came out D:
It's FEF, not FEOF

carabide

• Bay Watcher
  • Want to see my Wabbajack?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: November 06, 2013, 10:30:46 pm »

I smell chlorophyll ivysaur.....

I will add.

edit:Also, my final safari mon is spiritomb.
Diagnosis screen: Inoperable rot in the head.

Urist McPeasantDoctor: WE NEED TO AMPUTATE!

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: November 06, 2013, 10:33:14 pm »

Huh? People actually want Pokerus? I ended up getting it on my Azumarill somehow yesterday (dumb luck I guess) and I'm like "Great... if only this had happened in any gen without Super Training."

Still, if others want it, I have a junk guy in the box to preserve it for me. I can always pass it to a few more and trade them away.

In other news, I'm trudging through Victory Road. Shouldn't be too long now...

Edit: Also, why does Goodra suck, exactly? (Disclaimer: I don't play competitively) I use mine to fill holes in the move types I have on my team. It can learn all sorts of useful TMs. Mine has Ice Beam, Earthquake, Dragon Pulse and Thunderbolt. Of course you gotta be careful to avoid heavy-hitting physical attacks, but besides that it seems to do alright.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:51:16 pm by Singularity125 »

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: November 06, 2013, 10:58:50 pm »

Moltres - #146 (Naughty)
HP: 20 - 21
Att: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 2
SpD: 20 - 21
Speed: 31

Anyone got any ideas for a crazy physical Moltres set?  Or should I reload?  I mean 3 perfect Ivs and an ok nature is great but Urrrrge that SpA...

Still the pure surprise level might be interesting and it might work as a mixed attacker?
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 463