Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 654340 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #1815 on: November 05, 2013, 05:15:23 am »

If anyone has some castoffs left over from breeding theirs, do please send some my way. :P

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: November 05, 2013, 05:23:40 am »

If anyone has some castoffs left over from breeding theirs, do please send some my way. :P

Ditto. I'm opening an orphanage for unwanted 4-5 perfect IV Pokemons. :D
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: November 05, 2013, 05:39:58 am »

If you're looking for the strongest sucker punch user, it's Mega Mawile.

Mega Mawile gets Marill's ability, Huge Power. Basically it straight up doubles the pokemon's attack stat.

So it gets 105 base. x2 for 210 which is the highest in the game by far (actually the same as Mega Aggron's defense stat haha). So basically if it sucker punches you, you die.

However, since it has only 50 base speed, it's not going to outspeed anything if you're trying to use something other than sucker punch. Also it dies instantly to fire and ground. I would imagine using it would require a lot of mind games with sucker punch plays.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: November 05, 2013, 05:50:38 am »

If you're looking for the strongest sucker punch user, it's Mega Mawile.

Mega Mawile gets Marill's ability, Huge Power. Basically it straight up doubles the pokemon's attack stat.

So it gets 105 base. x2 for 210 which is the highest in the game by far (actually the same as Mega Aggron's defense stat haha). So basically if it sucker punches you, you die.

However, since it has only 50 base speed, it's not going to outspeed anything if you're trying to use something other than sucker punch. Also it dies instantly to fire and ground. I would imagine using it would require a lot of mind games with sucker punch plays.

Mega Mawile becomes ultimate Fairy and Dragon killer, plus that effective base 210 attack. But yeah, you could wear it down with a burn (will o wisp is more accurate this gen) or just paralyse it and let it suffer. Plus, priority can only go so far.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: November 05, 2013, 06:19:21 am »

Keep in mind that Huge Power doubles the actual stat, not just its base value. So Mega Mawile's maximum Attack stat is 678. For comparison, Mega Mewtwo X maxes out at 526.

Mega Mawile's effective base Attack if properly munchkined is 259. It's goddamn terrifying.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 06:22:33 am by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: November 05, 2013, 06:41:50 am »

At least it has pretty pathetic speed. The only real niche I see for it is Sucker Punching the crap out of anything foolish enough to touch it, and /maybe/ functioning in Trick Room, in which case it's nigh unbeatable, unless you defeat it on the switch in (which is fairly possible with earthquake).

I'm thinking we should set up a Bay12 Pokemon IRC room, what do you all think?

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: November 05, 2013, 07:28:36 am »

I'm thinking we should set up a Bay12 Pokemon IRC room, what do you all think?

I haven't touched IRC for 15 years, but heck yea, good idea!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: November 05, 2013, 08:35:41 am »

I'd definitely try it out. I've had far too little exposure to IRC in my internet career (I feel that my e-wizard cred is too low since I can't claim to have experience with IRC :P). Plus, it'd be easier to set up trades and such that way.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: November 05, 2013, 08:37:55 am »

Which server do you guys prefer? Darkmyst, newnet, quakenet or freenode?

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: November 05, 2013, 08:43:25 am »

I don't have a preference for any one of them. Someone more into IRC will have to make an actually informed decision.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: November 05, 2013, 08:51:04 am »

Freenode can't be used from mibbit, if thats actually important. Darkmyst is where #bay12lb is.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: November 05, 2013, 08:59:17 am »

Freenode can't be used from mibbit, if thats actually important. Darkmyst is where #bay12lb is.

Darkmyst it is.

irc://irc.darkmyst.org/bay12pokemon

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: November 05, 2013, 09:58:36 am »

Could someone find out what my third safari pokemon is? If it's Joltik, grab me one.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: November 05, 2013, 10:10:05 am »

So, is that bad egg thing still out there?

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: November 05, 2013, 10:49:20 am »

So, is that bad egg thing still out there?

From what I've seen from lurking the pokemon reddit, Smogon, and Serebii;

All but one of the posts relating to the 'bad egg' point to each other and ultimately to a YouTube video which was dated the day after X/Ys release.

The only other post is unconfirmed as to its origins (ie. although it's suspected to be from wonder trading - the egg states 'recieved via Link Trade', it hasn't caused the user's 3ds to explode, all their pokemon to turn into Farfetch'd, or any other horror stories).

The Wondertrade subreddit has no mention of users receiving 'bad eggs' and the entire subreddit is - as hinted by the title - devoted to WTing pokes.

So... at the moment there's no apparent reason for hysteria over it. It may be caused by a communication error, or invisible solar death rays, or hackers, or... who knows. But as it's not reproducible, and in who-knows-how many million WTs there's only been one or maybe two reported instances of this... it's hard to say.

The only thing that the game devs could do, if it's not a solvable issue (ie. no known way to reproduce), is give us a way to dispose of eggs. That way if we do - somehow - get a mystery egg, all that needs to happen is we just make an omelette. Erm, I mean, dispose of it humanely.

tl;dr version - it hasn't been reproduced and there's no official word on the website - a game-wrecking issue for one of the biggest franchises would be dealt with quite quickly, I'd think. (see: Lumiose city save glitch - announced with cause and patched fairly quickly)
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 463