Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651797 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #1920 on: November 08, 2013, 10:18:51 pm »

and the champion, who... gah! fairy! What the heck are fairies supposed to be weak to?! At least Lucario had Dragon Pulse and I knew somehow that dragons are weak to dragon moves!

Fairies are weak to poison and steel. Neither of which I ever really use. Major pain in the ass for me.
Also often called Boowells.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: November 08, 2013, 10:34:43 pm »

and the champion, who... gah! fairy! What the heck are fairies supposed to be weak to?! At least Lucario had Dragon Pulse and I knew somehow that dragons are weak to dragon moves!

Fairies are weak to poison and steel. Neither of which I ever really use. Major pain in the ass for me.
Same to me, a royal pain indeed.
Was trying to level some poison/steel types, then gave up with that and just went with my overleveled Blaziken. (or was it Charaizard Y? I forgot.)

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: November 08, 2013, 11:09:43 pm »

Just befriended a guy with Chansey in his friend safari. Anyone want one?

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: November 08, 2013, 11:50:11 pm »

Yes, please!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: November 08, 2013, 11:56:56 pm »

Oh, so that's what that was about haha.

Don't forget you can get lucky eggs from Chanseys too. I recommend putting a fainted Butterfree as your lead, then put someone with frisk as your second. Then put someone with a stealing ability in third. Lucky eggs stack so you'll want many.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: November 09, 2013, 12:03:36 am »

Yes, please!
Are you online? I can give you one now.

Oh, so that's what that was about haha.

Don't forget you can get lucky eggs from Chanseys too. I recommend putting a fainted Butterfree as your lead, then put someone with frisk as your second. Then put someone with a stealing ability in third. Lucky eggs stack so you'll want many.
I'm catching an army of the things, so I will probably have a few lucky eggs eventually. If I don't get one or two, I will use this tactic for sure.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: November 09, 2013, 12:10:50 am »

Holy shit. I just got a 5 IV Marill from Wondertrade. Everything except speed. Time to start making some awesome Togepis, Mawiles, and Chanseys. None of those guys even want speed too haha.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: November 09, 2013, 12:22:02 am »

Yes, I am Elle Ciel/Elsior. What do you want in return?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 12:23:37 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: November 09, 2013, 12:24:34 am »

I'll take whatever.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: November 09, 2013, 12:28:46 am »

I'll take whatever.

Thank you, didn't realise you are Weirdsound's brother.

Also Kanil's third FS Pokemon is Liepard.

EDIT: Had my first random battle and as a Pokemon newbie, I was really nervous. I had Yvestal, Lucario, Blaziken, Greninja, Tyrantum, Azumarill in my Battle Box (just the team I used to beat the story). The opponent had an interesting team, revolving around Mienshao (Fake Out + U-Turn), Aggron, and (Mega) Alakazam (sweeper)--I didn't recognise his other Pokemons (duh). His team seemed to be well planned, while I am still clueless about most of Gen 4 Pokemons onwards, lol.

My Blaziken and Tyrantrum were defeated in no time by Vladmira, suddenly I was 2 Pokemons behind. It wasn't until I used Yvestal to wall and Azumarill as sweeper to kill his Nekmeth before I managed to equalise the score. My Lucario evolved into Mega Lucario and sacrificed most of his HP to remove a speedier Luxray. Then he tried to counter my Yvestal with Aggron, who then killed my already dying Azumarill and Lucario.

Greninja was the turning point of the battle as he 1H-KO Aggron and 2H-KO Mienshoo with Water Pulse. When Mega Alakazam came out, he was greeted by another Water Pulse, losing  65% of his HP and getting him confused. Greninja then proceeded to kill it.

I am sure I lucked out, but boy my heart was racing when I was in that battle..
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 02:15:55 am by BuriBuriZaemon »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: November 09, 2013, 05:05:04 am »

Congrats. Come and fight me. :D

I'm a bit confused about some breeding things now. I thought I got it down pat when I got several 5 IV Vulpix's but when I was trying for six I had the following:

1. One 5IV (-defense) Vulpix male + one 5IV (-speed) Vulpix female.
2. Everstone + destiny knot

But all the Vulpixes that were coming out were 3IV or 4IV. That doesn't even make sense. Destiny knot is supposed to guarantee 5 of the parents' IVs will be passed on, so I should almost always be getting 5 IV. Not sure if supremely unlucky or what but after a few hours of this I sat there wondering why I was trying to make a 6 IV Vulpix the first place since I don't even like Ninetales. At least now I have several 5 IV male Vulpixes to serve as bases for almost every other pokemon in the game.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: November 09, 2013, 06:34:18 am »

You can get 3 IVs if both imperfect ones are passed down and one of the perfect ones gets randomized. The chance of getting a 5 IV kid from a pair of 5 IV parents is 1/12. (or 1/6 if they're both missing the same stat)

The Destiny Knot does not allow you to control what IV gets randomized or which parent each IV is inherited from.

Also, nuclearwhale, I'll take one of those Chanseys.

EDIT: I can't math well.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:42:25 am by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: November 09, 2013, 12:37:55 pm »

You can boost your chances by giving one parent the EV boosting item for the IV the other parent is missing. That should increase your chance of a 5 IV pokemon to 3/5, if my math is correct. 'course, you can't pass on natures if you do this...

(On that note, I bred a 6 IV female Eevee yesterday, so I can now work on passing down natures. Yay!)
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: November 09, 2013, 12:43:43 pm »

You can boost your chances by giving one parent the EV boosting item for the IV the other parent is missing. That should increase your chance of a 5 IV pokemon to 3/5, if my math is correct. 'course, you can't pass on natures if you do this...

(On that note, I bred a 6 IV female Eevee yesterday, so I can now work on passing down natures. Yay!)

That sounds about right from my work with Heracross.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: November 09, 2013, 01:19:06 pm »

Yeah, but if you want a specific nature, then you have to multiply that chance by 1/25.

What I do is get a female mon with the nature I want, then introduce IVs one at a time.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:22:27 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 463