Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651744 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: *Trumpets*
« Reply #4215 on: April 24, 2015, 06:39:49 pm »

Zoroark- flamethrower, night daze, focus blast, snatch(or taunt or sucker punch depending on what ya need) > all   Especially pokemon AI who will happily spam psychic type moves on an ilusion'd zoroark without wondering for a moment why the heck that "lucario" is immune.

Well unless zoroark isn't in that gen...in that case....uh.... Jolteon?  Jolteon.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: April 24, 2015, 11:46:08 pm »

My first Elite Four win was in 2003, in Pokemon Sapphire. I remember the team pretty well:

Level 63 Blaziken
Level 57 Kyogre
Level 49 Swellow
Level 38 Ludicolo
Level 43 Sableye
Level 31 Magneton

Good times. I still have all of them on my Pokemon X save. After twelve years!
They're now all level 100, besides the Sableye who I gave up on at level 82 in 2004.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: April 24, 2015, 11:50:44 pm »

One thing I've always wondered was... What Pokémon is the most viable to have a 6 "All one pokemon" team?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: April 25, 2015, 12:27:18 am »

Dragonite.

I honestly wouldn't have expected it to be a Dragon type given their... incredible list of weaknesses and 4x weakness to ice. (Once again the only reason Goodra isn't a Dragon/Water is because the typing would be too good)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #4220 on: April 25, 2015, 12:28:52 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dragonite's movepool is even larger than Hydreigon. I could make a 9-pokemon team of only Dragonites without using the same items or moves.

Hopefully my examples help explain why I hate fighting them though haha. It's impossible to try and outsmart something that's not only crazy versatile, but extremely strong. Fighting them is basically luck, especially against random strangers.

If you changed the question to include legendaries. Then I'd say it's Mewtwo.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: April 25, 2015, 03:14:30 am »

Dragonite is probably one of the most versatile mons out there, but it does have that whopping 4x weakness to ice, as well as 2x to dragon and rock.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: April 25, 2015, 11:12:29 am »

It also has multiscale, one of the strongest abilities in the game.

Dragonite's weakness is not those 4x weakness to ice or whatever. Try using those weaknesses against it. You'll just get owned by the weakness policy.

Its weaknesses are status and stealth rock. Good thing Dragonite can learn defog and heal bell. =| But then he's vulnerable to chip damage. Well, good thing he has roost so he can turn on multiscale whenever he wants. So I guess his real weakness is there isn't enough room to learn more than 4 moves per Dragonite. Also, when it comes to actual battle, he's outclassed by other pokemon more specialized than him.

There is very, very few pokemon you can make a real 5-man team with. Almost none have enough moves or coverage to justify it. You'll normally end up with a team really good at doing one thing and really bad at everything else or their stats are so bloody crap that the enemy wouldn't even care. Dragonite is one of the few who not only can boost himself with dragon dance, swords dance, and weakness policy but he can also support with defog and heal bell along with dual screens.

He has priority in extreme speed. The best priority move in the game. Look at all the other moves he has at his arsenal:

Hurricane, Dragon Tail, Outrage, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Focus Blast, Sky Drop, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Power Up Punch, Waterfall, Surf, Dragon Pulse, Iron Tail, Draco Meteor, Outrage, Superpower, Thunder / Ice / Fire Punch, Iron Head, Aqua Tail

Those are just the great moves. There's still substitute and all that other stuff.

Show me another pokemon you can make a great 5-man team with better than that and you'd have shown me Mewtwo or Arceus.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: April 25, 2015, 11:58:21 am »

Outrage, Outrage
He can learn Outrage twice? :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: April 25, 2015, 11:58:55 am »

So I'm about to face Elesa's gym in White, but there's a slight problem. I'm "semi-nuzlocking" the run (one mon per area, death is only permanent in major battles or battles against Plasma goons) for the sake of building up a single team that I can concentrate on instead of falling into my old habits of catching everything I can and then trying (and failing) to train them all.

Here's my issue: I have nothing good against electricity. And even back in my original White run, when I had a Drilburr, I remember Elesa's gym causing me no end of grief.
Spoiler: Current Line-Up (click to show/hide)
I also have a Darumaka, a Blitzle, and a Yamask in the box. The Yamask is new and I haven't used it yet, the other two have gotten at least a little training done.

Any suggestions for the gym?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: April 25, 2015, 12:14:12 pm »

Outrage, Outrage
He can learn Outrage twice? :P
Damn straight. Dual outrage bro how do you even deal?

Edit: Sirus:

Servine takes 1/2 damage from Electricity and has pretty good defensive stats. If Blitzle has lightning rod or motor drive (which it probably has since its last move is a hidden ability) then the gym should be a cakewalk due to your invincibility.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: April 25, 2015, 12:20:55 pm »

Blitzle does indeed have LightningRod. It's hardly invincibility though, since all of the pokemon in the gym have non-electric moves IIRC. Blitzle is...not great, defensively. Or offensively. Pretty much all she's got right now is speed.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: April 25, 2015, 12:22:02 pm »

Pretty sure all Elesa does is volt switch. Her other moves are aerial ace (which Blitzle takes half damage from) and quick attack (lol). Pursuit and flame charge are worthless.

One thing is that your levels aren't high enough though, since that gym is like level 25 - 27.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: April 25, 2015, 01:20:09 pm »

Pretty much everything can learn Dig, if you picked up the TM for that on Route 4. It won't help against Emolga, but it does good damage.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: April 25, 2015, 01:22:17 pm »

Most of my team cannot learn it. And those that can have moves that I'd rather they keep :/

The Herdier was the only one who got to learn it, and so far I'm less than impressed. Might come in handy against Elesa's Zebstrika, but if it volt-switches to one of her Emolga it will just be useless.

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 463