Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651751 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

I didn't say anything about discussing it, I was talking about semi-arbitrarily saying "it sucks" a day after the feature is revealed.
Black lives matter.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

I feel neutral about everything except the Alola forms. On one hand, it makes sense that pokemon have some regional variation, but I'm not sure this was the way to do it.

On the other hand, all those ice-alola form pokemon is far more then I was expecting. I fucking love ice-types, so I am forced to offer full approval for this.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/01/pokmon-sun-moon-details-alola-forms-introduce-new-pokmon/

Article transcribing all the website bios of the new pokemon in one place
It's FEF, not FEOF

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Regional variations my butt, I just hiked 4 hours up a mountain (5900ft above sea level!)and all I got was two pidgeys, a caterpie, a nidoran, and a weedle.  What is earth or rock type?

I did also get a gym which might actually stay controlled for a day or two, hehe.  Terrible location, located several feet off a trail and almost entirely in a dead zone.  Had to hold my phone high in the air.

Actually, my first successful Pokemon battle- ever.  I've always loved hearing about the series from friends, or watching the card game in elementary school, but never actually played.

Please carry on talking about the real Pokemon game though, interesting discussion!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

earth type
and to think you consider yourself a fan

a POKEMON PRO would know that it is the GROUND type, and that the EARTH type does not exist

:P
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 03:29:35 pm by Elephant Parade »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

)':
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

earth type
and to think you consider yourself a fan

a POKEMON PRO would know that it is the GROUND type, and that the EARTH type does not exist

:P
Actually, he was referring to the kind of Pokemon you could expect to find in rocky areas! Since players are able to find fire types near gas stations and water types near bodies of water, it would make sense to be able to find rock-type Pokemon in mountainous areas... And calling them "earth" type because of it is not a mistake!
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That clerk probably had their job threatened over that. Nintendo has made it very clear that if we screw up any further than we already have, they're going to stop cooperating with us. Breaking street date, even on stuff like this, really hurts our relationship with our vendors.

Really? That's a bit extreme. The code doesn't even work until the actual event date.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I haven't been keeping up with the latest developments, but now Final Smash Z-Moves and regional variations are a thing? In the latter case, seems to me that Nintendo/Game Freak's either running out of ideas, or they've finally taken notice of all the fan-made type variations and are cashing in on it. Maybe both. Here's hoping that we get a Pikablu with a surfboard. :P

That clerk probably had their job threatened over that. Nintendo has made it very clear that if we screw up any further than we already have, they're going to stop cooperating with us. Breaking street date, even on stuff like this, really hurts our relationship with our vendors.

Really? That's a bit extreme. The code doesn't even work until the actual event date.
Extreme? Come now, it's not like he had to commit seppuku with a Pokemon Company-brand dagger to bring honor back to his coworkers.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile

I didn't say anything about discussing it, I was talking about semi-arbitrarily saying "it sucks" a day after the feature is revealed.

I don't see why we need to wait more than a day, it's not exactly a revolutionary feature. You can probably make some pretty accurate assumptions as to how it works, based off what they've told us about it already, and what has been done in the past. It's a move, we know what those are and how they work. It's also got a lot in common with the mega evolutions from the prior two games.

A mega-move instead of a mega-evolution seems like enough information for some people to form an opinion on it. If that opinion is "it sucks", then so be it.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

"Z-Moves are utilising the special bracelet that trainers have. The Z-Ring fits on a Trainer’s arm, and Z-Crystals are set into it. If a Pokémon holds the same variety of Z-Crystal, the two will be able to resonate with one another. Crystals that correspond to each Pokémon type have been found in the Alola region. There are two conditions for performing Z-Moves: a Pokémon must learn a move of the same type as a Z-Crystal, and it must be holding the corresponding Z-Crystal. When you see these moves in action in the game, each overwhelmingly powerful move will be on full display, filling the entire screen! A special bit of merchandise for a Z-Ring will also be released which will light up in tandem with use on Sun & Moon"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Z-Moves are utilising the special bracelet that trainers have. The Z-Ring fits on a Trainer’s arm, and Z-Crystals are set into it. If a Pokémon holds the same variety of Z-Crystal, the two will be able to resonate with one another. Crystals that correspond to each Pokémon type have been found in the Alola region. There are two conditions for performing Z-Moves: a Pokémon must learn a move of the same type as a Z-Crystal, and it must be holding the corresponding Z-Crystal. When you see these moves in action in the game, each overwhelmingly powerful move will be on full display, filling the entire screen! A special bit of merchandise for a Z-Ring will also be released which will light up in tandem with use on Sun & Moon"
Oh, so it isn't just a free OHKO. Still, I feel like competitive players are going to hate this.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 04:34:13 pm by Elephant Parade »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

I don't know much of the more complex parts of the competitive scene, but does this mean M-Rayquaza can potentially become even more broken depending on how this plays out?
It's FEF, not FEOF

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Not unless they let you hold a mega stone and a Z-Crystal at the same time. Z-Attacks being exclusive from mega evolution could actually be a cool strategic decision on some Pokemon.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Best feature in Sun/Moon: Trainers discovering their Pokemon have Multiple Hands
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 463