Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 654936 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Sounds like they built it like their previous game and then had to panic when it got more popular than they can scale.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Sounds like they built it like their previous game and then had to panic when it got more popular than they can scale.

I don't get it tho. Their API is all html. Pokemon information is static per spawn, changes rarely (once every 15 minutes top) while the rest of the map is fully static. This is something adopting cloudflare could solve in zero time, for free. it's not like they gonna lose anything by allowing these requests unauthenticated, especially since spoofing accounts reading the same info with fake authentications are rampart anyway.

and on top of that geospatial queries aren't exactly rocket science, their performance/precision trade off are well known. as in, just enlarging the grid and filtering them on the client would reduce the load massively on the indexes

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Delta species (nearly) confirmed

Also an incredible number of gimmicks.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 09:15:07 am by MagmaMcFry »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

*Alola forms
Black lives matter.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Indeed.  The reference being made is to Delta species from the TCG: Pokemon with unusual types for their species, such as Ice/Fairy replacing pure Fire.  I do hope some of the forms get some stat love as well as type changes, though; the new Ice/Fairy Aloha form looks pretty and the base form is one of my favorite Pokemon to start with, but it doesn't exactly have wonderful base stats. 

Also, Oricorio is begging for my old dance team to make a new appearance; its whole gimmick was basically that every Pokemon knew at least one, and sometimes two Dance moves.  I wonder how Dancer works for doubles. 

Finally, I wonder if the Island Challenge is our Gym replacement or this, like contests, is conducted in addition to the Gyms; more likely the latter, I believe, as the classic Gym-League structure is one of the holy touchstones of the series and I suspect would not be easily altered.  The only reason I would think the former is even slightly possible is because, given the setting and that that two of trials shown are...interestingly not just limited to the totem battles, it seems actually slightly reminiscent of the Orange Islands way back when - four major "gyms" with non-battle challenges, albeit with what seems to be a League of four (one per island) Kahunas. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 09:36:50 am by Culise »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Spoiler: THEY KNEW (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gumshoo better be a detective pokemon.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd complain about *some of* these gimmicks being stupid... but I have a feeling the pokemon fans are tired of the exact same game over and over again and find it refreshing.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

I'd complain about *some of* these gimmicks being stupid... but I have a feeling the pokemon fans are tired of the exact same game over and over again and find it refreshing.
No, feel free to complain.  That's how you can tell the "true" fans apart.  It's either always the exact same junk or a stupid gimmick; either way, it's worth complaining about. :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean they aren't all bad...

I do like the new Delta pokemon though ONE smells of "Strategic typing" (AKA typing that is contrary to the pokemon just because it is stronger that way).

But, the one that makes me really groan are the Z-attacks.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

For those who live near a GameStop, they're giving away the download cards for Arceus starting tomorrow. And of course, I'm not allowed to pick one up a day early because the clerk wants to be an asshole about "the rules"... despite the fact that the day I got my 3DS, they gave me Mew several days early. Probably the same clerk.
That clerk probably had their job threatened over that. Nintendo has made it very clear that if we screw up any further than we already have, they're going to stop cooperating with us. Breaking street date, even on stuff like this, really hurts our relationship with our vendors.

That said, happy Arceus day, everyone.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

That's a lot of random shit. Do we really need more super moves?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a lot of random shit. Do we really need more super moves?

What is sad... is that I feel like I should have forseen this.

I already correctly predicted another type of Mega pokemon (Only KIND OF lasted one game, but I have a feeling... it will be back)... But a mega move? DANG IT! I need to step up my pessimism game.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 01:00:55 pm by Neonivek »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Z-Moves are going to turn trainers with one or two Pokemon into jokes, I expect.

Regional Variations are cool.
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 463