Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651685 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: VGC MONKEYS DEAR LORD
« Reply #5415 on: October 11, 2016, 07:37:57 pm »

The main problem is that those things are usually some combination of incredibly niche, annoying to use, and inefficient. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: October 11, 2016, 07:40:27 pm »

I'm not quite sure on the problem with HMs. The only things I really see bad about them are that you can't unlearn them until you reach the Move Deleter, and Flash and Defog are godawful moves(that are no longer HMs).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: October 11, 2016, 07:41:23 pm »

I like HMs, but only because I love utility spells in anything that has moves you can learn. Things like Magelight in Skyrim, Slowfall in WoW, Telekinesis in Runescape.

My fantasy Pokemon game is an action-adventure where there's very little battling and you use different Pokemon moves and properties to solve environmental puzzles.

I'm still surprised we haven't seen an open world pokemon exploration game with that exact premise. Pokemon: Breath of the Wild.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: October 11, 2016, 08:10:27 pm »

I'm not quite sure on the problem with HMs. The only things I really see bad about them are that you can't unlearn them until you reach the Move Deleter, and Flash and Defog are godawful moves(that are no longer HMs).
Mostly that a lot of them are absolutely vital, so you're locked into either wasting a slot on an HM slave or wasting move slots on multiple 'mons with mediocre-to-shitty HM moves.

3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: October 11, 2016, 09:34:06 pm »

Isn't the "fighting and capturing corrupted 'mons" thing from one of the Gamecube games?

It is also a feature that they have considered bringing back probably the most.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: October 11, 2016, 10:05:55 pm »

Isn't the "fighting and capturing corrupted 'mons" thing from one of the Gamecube games?
Got anything more specific, maybe a title? I've never heard of that sort of mechanic from an official game, and the only non-handheld Pokemon game I've played was Stadium, and searching only turns up the usual stuff about corrupted saves and missingno.

3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: October 11, 2016, 10:16:00 pm »

Got anything more specific, maybe a title? I've never heard of that sort of mechanic from an official game, and the only non-handheld Pokemon game I've played was Stadium, and searching only turns up the usual stuff about corrupted saves and missingno.

Shadow Pokémon.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: October 11, 2016, 10:17:04 pm »

Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness both had 'Shadow' mons that you could steal from other trainers and purify back to their original versions. Shadow was a special supertype that had moves that were super-effective against non-shadow, and in XD they made purified mons have better movesets - usually a TM move, an egg move, and a 'light'-flavored move (Like Heal Bell, Sweet Kiss, Morning Sun, Helping Hand, etc) that the mon couldn't otherwise learn at all. It was pretty rad.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: October 11, 2016, 10:22:10 pm »

Ah, but Defog is now the only hazard remover in the game that can't be blocked by Ghosts, courtesy of its Gen 6 upgrade. That alone makes it highly useful, and has caused some competitive players to eagerly await the return of Gen 4 for no other reason than because it will allow new Defoggers to be introduced and certain old Defoggers to be restored to regular use without relying on transferring Pokemon from the original Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum games.

EDIT: Removed a minor error in reading.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:26:30 pm by Culise »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: October 12, 2016, 12:09:15 am »

That sounded more like a single-player discussion than competitive.  I love defog cause of how it changed up the meta, but it's useless in single-player. 
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: October 12, 2016, 05:17:52 am »

That sounded more like a single-player discussion than competitive.  I love defog cause of how it changed up the meta, but it's useless in single-player.

I kind of love how convoluted Pokémon has become to the extent where the competitive scene is just messed up.

Pokémon needing to be imported from several versions and the like just for slight abilities and changes that occurred along the way.

Or single event pokemon that have a move that will never EVER be used again (Hello Rakastan, WOW how did I forget the name?, with Victory Flame... another pokemon's signature move)

then again there are reasons why the pros don't actually play pokemon :P

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: October 12, 2016, 09:53:13 am »

New CoroCoro Leaks, featuring the Poison/Dark type Alolan Grimer.

According to Serebii the leaker gave some info on further scans, but declined to post the images for the time being so we're awaiting confirmation on that.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:55:26 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: October 13, 2016, 01:26:44 am »

And the rest of the scans are out!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

penguinofhonor