Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651850 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The ULTRASun and ULTRAMoon Rises
« Reply #6390 on: May 28, 2018, 04:15:24 pm »

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 02:37:13 pm by penguinofhonor »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: May 28, 2018, 08:20:45 pm »

That's a good idea.  The main reason I haven't done that in the past is because of lucky eggs, since I try to save up about 60 or so pokemon to evolve to get maximum value out of them, and so as to not delay that I've generally evolved first to second stage pokemon even when I didn't have enough for the third stage.

Incidentally, I kind of dislike lucky eggs for this reason.  If I have one (and I only ever do from leveling, but even so I do have one right now), then I don't get to evolve pokemon forever because it takes so long to save up that many to evolve, even when catching every pidgey, caterpie and weedle in sight.  A couple of months each, for the last few, I believe.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: May 31, 2018, 03:01:27 pm »

*grumbling angrily about pokemon on the switch*
What specifically?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: May 31, 2018, 03:43:05 pm »

*grumbling angrily about pokemon on the switch*
What specifically?
There aren't enough Pikachus in Let's Go Eevee.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: May 31, 2018, 05:11:40 pm »

I'm annoyed because it's on the switch, and I don't have one, and they and the games are expensive

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: May 31, 2018, 08:06:26 pm »

Yeah.  And also they're implementing a lot of GO mechanics somehow, I've heard contradictory reports how, but I'm very skeptical.
Doesn't strictly matter to me since I only have a DSlite, but eh.

(Also I'm sorry for calling Blissey users tryhards, I was trash-talking after a looong walk with my buddy.  4X candy yehhhh!  Just got a lot more too.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: May 31, 2018, 09:27:08 pm »

So, about that huge batch of unreleased/redesigned Pokémon from 1997 that was just leaked...

This is amazing.

I feel like Animon (horrifying screaming Ditto evolution) is the clear winner out of all of them, but there's a lot of excellent stuff in there.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 09:28:53 pm by DeKaFu »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: June 01, 2018, 11:01:51 am »

Sleepy baby Meowth with a head penny!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: June 01, 2018, 10:19:00 pm »

there's a lot of interesting designs on that demo. but i see 2 clear patterns on it that i guess were the main cause of why a lot of those species didnt make it. one is that some of them were too dark like Girafarig or the angelfish that would later be replaced with Mantine, some of those designs were quite grim for a children's game. the other is the large amount of baby pokemon cluttering the list, not enough space for original species so many of those were left out.

outside of that pattern there's a lot of designs that could have been put in later gens. the wolfmen pokemon for example, i like their concept, mostly because they seem to be based to a degree in the Ainu folklore or i see it close to that. i mean, according to the leaks the original map was supposed to be the whole of japan so it makes sense that there would be a pokemon version of Hokkaido in that map with several ice types.

guess they have their own method to choose which species go and which ones are left behind. but things like the Farfetch'd evo or the round tiger-mouse could have been added easily in later titles.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: June 01, 2018, 10:26:25 pm »

Are we not gonna talk about how 7/9ths of the starters were completely different than what they became

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: June 01, 2018, 10:41:00 pm »

Are we not gonna talk about how 7/9ths of the starters were completely different than what they became

basically Chikorita and Meganium were the only ones that werent replaced. the intermediate form between those two didnt make sense honestly. as for the fire bears and the plesiosaurs, no idea why did they change it, their design must have looked plain compared to the Cyndaquil and Totodile families.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: June 02, 2018, 08:07:36 am »

My personal theory is that they were in the middle of replacing their original grass starters with Chikorita's line, with the bizarre thing in Bayleef's slot (Hanamogura, literally "Flower Mole") being the only one left over from whatever was there before. Maybe it had an evolution that made sense in Meganium's slot at one point? We'll never know.

It's really fun going through these.

Old Girafarig with its ridiculously sinister rear-face is wonderful, but having that weird "Twinz" double-ghost evolving into it was hella strange. Pretty glad they dropped that, actually.

Old Noctowl, Politoed, Aipom and (especially) Leafeon were all so much cooler and more interesting than what we actually got in the end...
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 463