Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Mafia Victory  (Read 50173 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Day 2: Less Deaths Than Expected
« Reply #225 on: November 03, 2014, 07:02:34 pm »

Also, Darkstar has actually provided some content today, Deathsword has not, so once again he makes a better lynch choice (though I still think Darkstar is pretty scummy).

Who's more scummy- the person who lies when explaining themselves, or the person who doesn't post?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 03, 2014, 07:48:14 pm »

PFP

Sorry everyone, I'm having computer issues and I won't be able to use it for the foreseeable future.

I don't like using my phone to post/browse and so I doubt this will help with my activity. I'm afraid that I'm going to have to request a replacement. :-[

I hope my replacement will be a good bit more active than me (and with more reliable equipment...). Good luck everyone.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 03, 2014, 10:06:32 pm »

Also, Darkstar has actually provided some content today, Deathsword has not, so once again he makes a better lynch choice (though I still think Darkstar is pretty scummy).

Who's more scummy- the person who lies when explaining themselves, or the person who doesn't post?

That's a rather strong accusation - where exactly did I lie?

TDS, seriously, if you're town please respond to people's cases.

Which things have I missed?

Also, Extend, since other people seem to want it.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

Votecount:
*TheDarkStar - Persus13, Cheeetar, Scripten (3)
*Scripten - TheDarkStar (1)
*Cheeetar - (0)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee - Worldmaster27, Deathsword (2)
*Persus13 - (0)
*Worldmaster27 - (0)
*Deathsword - Varee, notquitethere (2)
Not voting:

Extension requests: notquitethere, Scripten, Deathsword, TheDarkStar - 4/3
Shorten requests: - 0/5

Day extended.

Day 2 ends at 9:30 PM PST, Tuesdayy, November 4th (that is, tomorrow).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 11:27:09 am by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wait jack, 4th is tuesday ... and shouldnt the extendtion be 48 hrs?

writing another post ...
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I forgot I was typing a case and close it ......

So Deathsword, My case against you is no where near solid but you cannot denied that you contributed the least, barely anything useful at all.

You have a total of like 8 post in the whole game...
1- Answering RVS
2- Nothing
3-Internet issue and more RVS, vote on me
4- Pressing the issue of me talking about NQT-flabort interaction
5-Asking for read from cheetar
6-reads
7- birthday anouncement and little talk about jailer
8-more post and case on me

OK first you definitly miss more than one question, I can quote some now
ME-
Do you think trying to lynch flabort is a scum move? I mean he is one of the more experience player so getting rid of him benefit the scum unless he is a scum himself rigt?
WM-
Besides Varee, who do you think is most likely to be scum? I'm asking this because I think that is is somewhat strange you have only one scum read.
NQT-
Who do you think is scum hunting the most and the least so far?

is lynching 'uncooperative town' a part of your win-con? If not, why aren't you actually trying to hunt scum?

That all D1 question so answers?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

and shouldnt the extendtion be 48 hrs?
As a side note, does anyone mind if I cut extensions down to 24 hours?
Extensions will be 24 hours, instead of standard 48 hours, unless there is an objection.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

I forgot I was typing a case and close it ......

So Deathsword, My case against you is no where near solid but you cannot denied that you contributed the least, barely anything useful at all.

You have a total of like 8 post in the whole game...
1- Answering RVS
2- Nothing
3-Internet issue and more RVS, vote on me
4- Pressing the issue of me talking about NQT-flabort interaction
5-Asking for read from cheetar
6-reads
7- birthday anouncement and little talk about jailer
8-more post and case on me
First off, high post count != high ammount of content. You can place a lot of content into a few posts, or nearly none in many.

Furthermore, if your case isn't solid, why don't you do something strengthen it? Are you content with a weak case? Are you content with looking weak and non-threatening so people overlook how you are scum?

I also find funny you did not even try to defend yourself against the accusations by me in my last post, instead trying to deflect by saying I have a low post count. Yeah, I have a low post count, but my case is by far stronger than yours. And it is now even stronger because you didn't even bother to try and handwave my accusations. In fact, I'm going to go and throw another accusation here: you are active-lurking. You make a lot of posts, say some shit suggestions and people mostly ignore you. You can't get accused of lurking because you are present, but your content is almost nihl. Until I pressured you in D1, you didn't try to even pretend to press anyone for anything. And after that you reactively kept trying to press me.

OK first you definitly miss more than one question, I can quote some now
ME-
Do you think trying to lynch flabort is a scum move? I mean he is one of the more experience player so getting rid of him benefit the scum unless he is a scum himself rigt?
WM-
Besides Varee, who do you think is most likely to be scum? I'm asking this because I think that is is somewhat strange you have only one scum read.
NQT-
Who do you think is scum hunting the most and the least so far?

is lynching 'uncooperative town' a part of your win-con? If not, why aren't you actually trying to hunt scum?

That all D1 question so answers?
And why, pray tell, didn't you just do this way back when you first accused me of ignoring (not missing) the questions. Why wait now, the end of D2 to point which ones you were talking about?

Answers in order:

Scum go after easy lynches. Bringing up a case, pressing someone

The second question was from D1 and kind of useless now, but I was asked for two scum-picks on this day. I said you and persus (though I am somewhat on the fence regarding him). That will serve as answer.

As for the two NQT questions, the first I'd say flarbot was on D1, and NQT now on 2 for most. For least, I'd say you, Varee, on both counts. The second question was more of a press on me putting out the possibility that you could be bad town (which I have completely discarded now, I am sure you are scum), and a prod for activity. As the day neared it's end, after that question I think, I posted more content, mostly related to you. Yeah, I'm a bit tunnel-visioned when it comes to scum-hunting, preferring to focus on a single target. I find that works best of me, as long as I do not completely ignore the rest of the players (which, I admit, I did a few times in some games).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I keep feeling like going after Varee for having weak cases is the epitome of an easy mislynch.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 04, 2014, 03:25:31 pm »

That's a rather strong accusation - where exactly did I lie?

As for why I voted for flabort: He was finding people scummy for silly reasons, so I voted for that. Afterwards, I was busy and couldn't read over stuff well, so I wasn't able to make a good reply later on.

If I had noticed them at the time, I probably would have reconsidered a bit. However, I was busy ICing the BM game and missed them.

I don't believe you when you claim that the reason you lynched Flabort is because you were too busy to do anything else.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Deadline is in 6 hours, I'm reading back through the day. Will post soon.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 04, 2014, 07:12:14 pm »

Before I get on to other things, first:

TDS, TheDarkStar, DarkStar, YES YOU

Which things have I missed?

Please start actually reading the thread. This is the fourth time I've asked you the same damn question.
TheDarkStar
notquitethere: Makes long analytical posts. NQT, why haven't you done any serious scumhunting? You voted for DS, but that started out as a pressure vote and just never got moved. You've barely pressured people for their play as far as I can tell. There are questions asked, but no scumhunting.
I have no idea what you're expecting to see, but I've been seriously scumhunting. I've been questioning almost every player in almost every post I make. I've been looking at what cases players have made. I've been following up on responses. How is all this not scumhunting? In fact, in a bunch of the reads your quotes were drawn from player's responses to things I'd asked them. Day 1, I pressed three different cases, you only pressed one. My vote on Deathsword was because he was the best lynch candidate, it wasn't just a 'pressure vote'.

Also, you never answered this:

TheDarkStar
Could you respond to this:
DarkStar I find it interesting that you call me out as scummy for following up on my RVS questions when all you did is ask a bunch of RVS questions and not respond to any of the replies. Why did you ask so many obviously questions that you obviously didn't care about?

You say I've not been scumhunting when you were just going through the motions yourself.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

I keep feeling like going after Varee for having weak cases is the epitome of an easy mislynch.
So we should excuse everyone with a weak case because it might be a mislynch even if having a weak case is, in and of itself, a sign of poor scumhunting and thus scum behavior?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 04, 2014, 08:02:06 pm »

Here's my Day 2 reads.

TheDarkStar: Super unobservant. I ask him about his Day 1 behaviour and end up asking him it three more times while he gapes about saying "Which things did I miss". He starts the day saying he'll do some reads on Day 1, sure that this will net some scum. This he does, looking primarily at the three other people that killed Flabort. He finds Scripten the scummiest and his reads and follows ups show some degree of engagement with the record. His next lots of posts are most just conversation with Scripten who counters his accusations. And... that's it. All in all he makes one case, talks seriously to two people (Darkstar and Cheetah) and has a bit of incosequential conversation with Varee. Has no real intention of persuading anyone onto an alternative lynch, and doesn't engage with Persus or NQT-- both of which have at various points lynch votes on him. Does he intend to try and tie the votes at the end of the day? Scum lean.

Scripten: Posts the most, pushes a wide range of cases. Backs off when he sees his case is untenable. Moving to a moderate town lean.

Cheetah: Is active. Keeps up conversation with a bunch of people, presses Scripten on weak arguments. Moderate town read.

Varee: Provides his reads, talks to people, keeps on chugging against Deathsword based on lack of content, though Worldmaster has also contributed very little. Over-focused on power claims. Provides little content but does scrape together something that looks like a case after Deathsword presents his case against him. I'm in two minds about his possible alignment but I could very well believe he's scum.

Persus: Asks a bunch of questions to start the day, follows up on a handful of people and spends most of the day conversing with Scripten. Delivers bigger post when he says he will. Mild town read.

Worldmaster: doesn't have good computer access so replaces out. Makes a stab at engagement while he can. Null I guess.

Deathsword: It's his birthday, so we should cut him a little bit of slack. He starts the day answering a handful of questions. He declares himself against the Darkstar lynch and puts some effort into continuing his Varee case, the only person he's targeted all game. His case against Varee is more fleshed out than Varee's case against him, though it would have been nice if Deathsword had looked at anyone else in the game. Admits he's a tunnel vision kind of player. My Deathsword suspicion is... dropping slightly. Still mild scum read from overall game play.

Of the seven other players, I have three players I'm not interested in lynching today (Scripten, Cheetah, Persus), two players that are at each others throats and have provided some small amount of content but are mostly just tunnelling (Varee and Deathsword), one player who hasn't been here at all due to RL troubles (Worldmaster) and one player who hasn't even been reading the thread, already got a town player lynched, has picked a weak scum pick for the day and is generally uninterested in scum hunting today. Also exhibited the classic scumtell of asking a bunch of questions during the RVS and not doing anything with any of them. As such, to stop him tying the vote and because he's a good choice, TheDarkStar should probably be lynched today.

Cheetah

Varee
@NQT I havent got time to read all the post yet. I dont know what to do with DS, he doesnt respond so maybe busy too? WM seem to be throwing his vote at me for no reason...... Not a solid case.
Yeah, it's tough dealing with people that don't respond. Ultimately, we have to lynch players who don't engage.

Back on the topic of jailer though, the thing is SOMEONE must have some information and i just worry that it will go to the grave with them.
This could look like you're trying to get someone to claim so you can night kill them.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

NQT: Was there meant to be a response to my quote there, or did you concur with it?
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21