Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Mafia Victory  (Read 50393 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Day 2: Less Deaths Than Expected
« Reply #210 on: November 02, 2014, 10:38:32 am »

Sry rather busy on weekend,

@NQT I havent got time to read all the post yet. I dont know what to do with DS, he doesnt respond so maybe busy too? WM seem to be throwing his vote at me for no reason...... Not a solid case.

@TDS I was trying to get DS to answer questions. He seem to just ignore them though.

Back on the topic of jailer though, the thing is SOMEONE must have some information and i just worry that it will go to the grave with them.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 02, 2014, 10:40:57 am »

Varee, do you want the person with the power role to claim?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 02, 2014, 11:41:42 am »

Have to leave for something, but here is part of a post I've been working on:

Worldmaster:
Quote from: NQT
Do you see anything scummy in today's posts?
Definitely. It seems that in Varee's post
he is implying that Scripten is a PR. I think that he may be trying to get Scripten to role claim, which is more likely, or perhaps trying to make his scumbuddy seem like a PR so we don't lynch him, which is much less likely and probably harder to pull off IMO. His post was also confusing again, but I'm pretty sure Varee's scum at the moment.
Why do you think he was chastising Cheeetar for trying to get a power role to claim then?

Well, I guess we have a jailkeeper.
Not necessarily. A lot of stuff could've happened. This is WIFOM, but I'll list a few:
  • Jailkeeper blocked scum
  • Jailkeeper protected the target
  • Scum decided not to kill, so Jailkeeper's action had no effect (unless they blocked the cop or roleblocker, but that is unrelated to the kill)
Aka, we probably have a jailkeeper. So why the contradiction?

Cheeetar:
My vote remains on Scripten. When he says that Flabort was scummy for saying that him posting day 1 reads was scummy, he is misrepresenting what Flabort said. This happened in Day 1, too. While he linked to himself saying:
Scripten What do you think about being accused of parroting (even if the overall lean was town)?

Eh, my case was built around an interaction between you and another player for the most part.

You'll note if you look through his posts he doesn't actually have a case on Flabort, and he never did. It's only been posts asserting that Flabort was scumreading him for posting Day 1 reads, except...
Scripten Doesn't put much value into Day 1 reads, yet forms them anyways. I guess this isn't bad. Earlier points above, as well. Directing people at either me or Persus for whatever reason. Probably scum.

That wasn't why Flabort was seeing Scripten as scum.

Excuse me Cheetar, but Scripten did state why he saw flabort scummy here after I asked him.
Persus13:
Scripten:
flabort - Wee bit scummy, but it's hard to tell considering his usual play.
Why do you feel flabort is scummy?
Considering you've answered this question yourself in this post, my answer is obviously going to be biased. However, I agree that he is answering questions in a dodgy manner consistent with scum. While he may be changing his playstyle in light of it not working, his activity is the most scummy at this point in the game. I find his pushes to be scum-motivated, as he is concentrating on people who would be easier to lynch this early in the game as opposed to later. (Notably, his insistence that me finding Day 1 reads to be often erroneous makes me posting my reads now to be hypocritical, when it obviously is not.) Intellectual dishonesty is a fairly good scumtell.

Also, while I agree that Flabort changed his reasons for seeing scripten as scum, Flabort's first posts indicating suspicion of Scripten where for the Day 1 reads thing.
I'm just saying it's somewhat hypocritical, scripten, to say that day 1 reads are nigh useless, and then be the first to post day 1 reads (the earlier ones were described as play styles, and not reads, so they don't count).
Among the other things I expect from other players, it's consistency.

Scripten:
It was 3-4. You were online at the time and posting. You could've turned the lynch around by changing your vote. Flabort's lynch was not 'all but guaranteed'.

Did you miss the part where I THOUGHT HE WAS SCUM AND NQT DIDN'T? Do you realize that you're now literally trying to push the same case on me that you found me scummy for pushing on NQT? (Except mine was based on reality.)
People change their minds. Personally I thought that NQT's case on Deathsword and pointing out what made Flabort townish was convincing enough that I was considering switching. Ultimately, I decided to stick to a Flabort lynch.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 02, 2014, 12:11:36 pm »

@cheetar : I dont think I will believe if someone  claim jailer but the information would be nice if they end up dead so....

I got an idea, how about everyone: If you are a jailer, who would you jailed last night?

This should keep the info and not reveal the jailkeep?

If I was a jailer , I would have jailed Deathsword.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 02, 2014, 12:40:02 pm »

Varee, I don't see how this is going to help find scum. The Jailer wouldn't know if they had jailed scum or the target last night. Talking about it just makes it easier for the scum to guess the jailer's identity.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 02, 2014, 06:42:12 pm »

Yeah I just realise the flaw in that plan..... 
I need to stop posting during late night...

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 02, 2014, 06:53:43 pm »

Yeah I just realise the flaw in that plan..... 
I need to stop posting during late night...

It would still lower the number of people who could have been jailed.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 02, 2014, 07:27:43 pm »

Are you suggesting that it's a good plan, DarkStar?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 02, 2014, 07:45:08 pm »

Are you suggesting that it's a good plan, DarkStar?

Not really; I'm just pedantically pointing out that it's not entirely useless  :P.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 03, 2014, 03:29:53 am »

Votecount:
*TheDarkStar - Persus13, Cheeetar, notquitethere, Scripten (4)
*Scripten - TheDarkStar (1)
*Cheeetar - (0)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee - Worldmaster27 (1)
*Persus13 - (0)
*Worldmaster27 - (0)
*Deathsword - Varee (1)
Not voting: Deathsword

Extension requests: 0/3
Shorten requests: 0/5

Day 2 ends at 9:30 PM PST, Monday, November 3rd (that is, tomorrow).
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 03, 2014, 03:43:04 am »

Deathsword, is nobody suspicious to you? Are you okay with a DarkStar lynch?
I've played some mafia.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 03, 2014, 02:25:17 pm »

I think Deathsword said he'd be around before deadline, so this makes me a little sad to see. Maybe his birthday was just so awesome that he's still recovering?

Worldmaster27: I'd be interested to see you push your case on Varee to convince me that you're not just sticking to a vanity wagon to avoid suspicion.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 03, 2014, 02:49:18 pm »

Pfp

As it's only 24 hours, I don't feel a jerk for asking for an extension, activity has been low enough to give me serious misgivings. I'm not going to be able to post again before the deadline because I'm at a friend's house, but if you give me another 24 hours I can get a proper look at the day, so I'd appreciate it if others extend.

Also, Darkstar has actually provided some content today, Deathsword has not, so once again he makes a better lynch choice (though I still think Darkstar is pretty scummy).

TDS, seriously, if you're town please respond to people's cases.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 03, 2014, 05:05:55 pm »

Yeah, an extend would be a smart choice. NQT, will you move your move onto TDS if we enter a potential no lynch situation? I figure you would, but it doesn't hurt to be sure.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 03, 2014, 06:38:07 pm »

Working my way backwards through the thread.

As a heads up, from next friday to next monday I won't be able to post at all.

Extend.

As a matter of fact, I'm not.

I think Deathsword said he'd be around before deadline, so this makes me a little sad to see. Maybe his birthday was just so awesome that he's still recovering?
Am before the deadline, though I guess not by much. Now's just the first time today I actually had time to post, since I go to a course/university (depending on the weekday) and then there's work. Not counting the time I take to study at home. Fortunately the course part of it is going away next week.

If I was a jailer , I would have jailed Deathsword.
Why am I not surprised?

@cheetar : I dont think I will believe if someone  claim jailer but the information would be nice if they end up dead so....
So you want the jailkeeper to claim then, giving the scum (possibly you, by the way you're fishing) a big target?

@TDS I was trying to get DS to answer questions. He seem to just ignore them though.
What? I missed one single question on day one, which I later answered when someone specifically pointed out which one. I did not ignore that question. Never ONCE you quoted those questions, stated the post number, straight up asked them again yourself. Nothing. Ever since I called you out on OUTRIGHT REFUSING to answer a specific question for bullshit reasons, you have been trying to hammer this point, over and over and over, I guess in the hopes that someone will be dense enough to believe your lazy bullshit case. Since you are so adamant I am ignoring (not missing, not in Varee world, oh no), why don't you say which mythical questions those are?

Well, I guess we have a jailkeeper.
Not necessarily. A lot of stuff could've happened. This is WIFOM, but I'll list a few:
  • Jailkeeper blocked scum
  • Jailkeeper protected the target
  • Scum decided not to kill, so Jailkeeper's action had no effect (unless they blocked the cop or roleblocker, but that is unrelated to the kill)
Aka, we probably have a jailkeeper. So why the contradiction?
What I was trying to get at is that we shouldn't discard the possibility that scum chose not to kill. From my own attempts (often successful) at this, it usually precedes a fakeclaim later down the line.

Deathsword:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That wasn't a reaction vote. I called Varee out on what I percieved as bullshit. The bullshit being that it seemed that he was implying two players were buddying and yet, instead of pressing them or anything of the sort, he proceeds to vote someone absent. The fact it was me had nothing to do with that. When he clears it up and says he meant something else, it changed from "not pressing people on a scum-move, instead voting on lurker" to "has no case and instead is voting lurker". He then proceeded to flail about wildly, outright refuse to answer a question, deflecting his refusal by claiming I was the one actually doing it (I missed a single question, not deliberately, and as soon as it was brought to my attention I proceeded to answer it). Now he role-fishes, makes absolutely ZERO good suggestions to the game and keeps trying get his bullshit "case" on me through. I think this is basis enough to vote someone without being a reaction-vote, ain't it? This also proves you paid no attention to my whole interaction with Varee in D1 besides "Varee votes DS and DS votes Varee".

So I am voting Varee, as anyone who read at the very least this last block of text might guess.

Woo, that was a big post.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21