Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Mafia Victory  (Read 50380 times)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Day 1: A Small Problem
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2014, 09:49:44 pm »

If Flabort doesn't flip town, then who would you suspect?

That's what I already said. If he were to flip town today, I'd probably go for Worldmaster27, since he feels a little detached from the events unfolding.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2014, 09:52:48 pm »

Flabort, would you claim if you were about to be mislynched and you had a power role?
Basically, "Do I have a power role?", since it's looking like a lynch on me, and saying "yes" but not indicating that I do means I don't, and saying "no" means I'm either ornery (I'm usually jovial, so not that) or I'm scum, and the third option is claiming right now that I do.

I would indeed claim if I had a power role.
No, I don't have one.

ALSO, you ask Persus for his reads; he already gave them.
I can't remember who asked for reads, but here's mine:
TDS: Pretty active, few problems with play, possibly too defensive, but that might just be the pot calling the kettle black. neutral lean
Scripten Newish, but seems to be doing okay. Continuing to vote me after I had posted was a little odd, and is parroting parts of my case on flabort, but other wise leaning town.
Cheeetar Not much to go on, UI was not very active and Cheeetar's only been here for a day or so. Null
Flabort: Behaving like a Mafia politician, and using lots of strange metaphors and talking about his skill. His current attack on Scripten I don't really understand his logic. Scum lean
NQT: Playing well, mentioning that he'll probably die in the night is WIFOMy. Town Lean
Varee: Flailing as usual, but making a bit more of an effort. Jury is still out on this one. Null
Persus13: College student who needs to be more committed to Bay12.
Worldmaster27: Playing pretty well for being the newest player in the game. I've helped him to victory as scum before, so I know his scum game but not his town game. Town lean?
Deathsword: Needs to post more, NQT's comments of him do make some sense. Slight scum lean?

Scripten What do you think about being accused of parroting (even if the overall lean was town)?

Eh, my case was built around an interaction between you and another player for the most part. It's not that big a deal; just means I came to the same conclusion as someone else independently. It's not like the case was that hard to see.
Alright. Next question:
Do you think a player's mood in real life can significantly affect his or her play? Will a confident player make mistakes, and will a depressed player lurk?

Cheetah I keep forgetting about UI/You. Question time for you: What do you think about the most likely/least likely scum partners listed in NQT's reads?

PPE:

With Cheetah's change of heart, who's going to move their vote to avoid a tie?
If I moved my vote, it would likely CAUSE a tie. In the interest of not being a dick and causing a tie, I won't change my vote until someone else does.

Jack You have 1 vote listed on Persus, with nobody voting him.

If Flabort doesn't flip town, then who would you suspect?

That's what I already said. If he were to flip town today, I'd probably go for Worldmaster27, since he feels a little detached from the events unfolding.
Interesting.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2014, 09:53:49 pm »

EBWOP: And by "Interesting", I mean, "Interesting, he asked what happens if I DIDN'T flip town, and you answer with if I DO flip town".
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2014, 09:55:02 pm »

EBWOP2: Wait, rereading above, you're saying you already gave him the answer to his question, and are volunteering aditional information. Nevermind the "Interesting"
The Cyan Menace

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2014, 10:07:14 pm »

Quote from: notquitethere
With Cheetah's change of heart, who's going to move their vote to avoid a tie?

I didn't tie the votes, honest.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2014, 10:08:23 pm »

Quote from: NQT
WorldMaster who would you most likely vote on Day 2 if Flabort flips town. What if he flips scum?
Based on how it is now? For flipping town, I'd probably vote Varee, who I find second most scummy, but I'd rather scumhunt before voting. For flipping scum, I would likely shift my focus to Varee or Deathsword who seem to be the most impartial to flabort.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2014, 10:13:00 pm »

Cheetah I keep forgetting about UI/You. Question time for you: What do you think about the most likely/least likely scum partners listed in NQT's reads?

I find it odd that NQT doesn't find it odd or even notable that I find Flabort scummy but I'm not voting for him when he's close to being lynched.

Let me posit my own scumteam in the event of Flabort flipping scum: NQT/Flabort.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2014, 10:14:53 pm »

My above post is in reply to scumteams because he says I'd be scum with pretty much anyone but Worldmaster, ignoring that I find Flabort suspicious but haven't been voting for him. It's a scumteam-null read, in that he has no real scumteam to offer that I'm most likely on.
I've played some mafia.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2014, 10:16:38 pm »

Let me posit my own scumteam in the event of Flabort flipping scum: NQT/Flabort.
Ah. NOW I see what Varee was saying with that "not quite buddying stuff".

Better question
Chhhetar (originally a typo but keeping it because amusing): What do you think of everyone else's reads so far?
The Cyan Menace

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2014, 10:21:25 pm »

I'm glad they're making them. They'll be very useful when the flips come in.
I've played some mafia.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2014, 11:41:17 pm »

One more hour left.

If nobody surprises me with a vote change, I hope my flip is informative. I've given all the information I can.
If a vote does change, I will thank whoever changes it at the start of Day 2, because I'm going to go to bed shortly.
The Cyan Menace

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Night 1: Not the Best Last Words
« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2014, 11:47:31 pm »

Having peacefully and democratically decided who to brutally murder for possibly having killed Clifton, the pirates were almost ready to sleep.  One thing had to be done, though: the murder.

As Scripten headed to his tent to grab his cutlass, Worldmaster27 and Persus13 grabbed flabort and held him still.  Each grabbed one of flabort's arms and stood beside him.  "Any last words, traitor?" asked Persus13.

Flabort's response was simple.  "Not today."  He smiled, wrested his arms free of his captors, and swung his elbow quite forcefully into Persus's face.  As Persus fell back, stunned and lacking a few teeth, flabort began to run for his tent.  At this point, Scripten had his cutlass, and was charging at flabort.  Scripten attempted to bring the sword down upon flabort, but flabort quickly blocked it with his Ouija board.  Flabort then took his sword from his tent, slashed Scripten in his main arm, and started to run away from the rest of the crew.

TheDarkStar calmly drew a flintlock pistol and shot flabort in the head.

There was no evidence of disloyalty to be found on flabort or in his tent.

Day 1 has ended!
Votecount:
*TheDarkStar - (0)
*Scripten - (0)
*Cheeetar - (0)
*flabort - Persus13, Scripten, TheDarkStar, Worldmaster27 (4)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee - flabort, Deathsword (2)
*Persus13 - (0)
*Worldmaster27 - (0)
*Deathsword - Varee, notquitethere, Cheeetar (3)
Not voting

Flabort has been lynched!  Flabort was a vanilla townie!

It is now Night 1.  Night 1 will end at 9:30 PM PST PDT (argh) (well, at least it should be reasonably obvious that I meant PDT, what with the hour counts), Wednesday, Oct. 29th.  Please send in any actions by that time.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 11:51:37 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Day 2: Less Deaths Than Expected
« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2014, 11:37:52 pm »

Day 2
The next day, the entire crew woke up relatively refreshed.  All had headaches, but that was normal after the standard heavy drinking.  Persus and Scripten were not in the best of shape, but some basic treatment of their wounds had been carried out.

Surprisingly, nobody had died overnight.

Votecount:
*TheDarkStar - (0)
*Scripten - (0)
*Cheeetar - (0)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee - (0)
*Persus13 - (0)
*Worldmaster27 - (0)
*Deathsword - (0)
Not voting: TheDarkStar, Scripten, Cheeetar, notquitethere, Varee, Persus13, Worldmaster27, Deathsword

Extension requests: 0/3
Shorten requests: 0/5

Day 2 ends at 9:30 PM PST, Monday, November 3rd.

As a side note, does anyone mind if I cut extensions down to 24 hours?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Day 2: Less Deaths Than Expected
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2014, 11:46:47 pm »

Well, I guess we have a jailkeeper.

Scripten: Now that your number 1 lynch target flipped town, what are you going to do? Did you have any other suspects?
NQT: I guess you were vindicated about flabort. Do you still use vote stats at all? Are you going to continue to go after Deathsword or has the break and the flip given you a better target?
Deathsword: Out of all those who lynched flabort, who do you think would most likely be scum?
TheDarkStar: What is the least likely scum team currently? Most likely? When was the last time you did some scumhunting?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Day 2: Less Deaths Than Expected
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2014, 11:49:20 pm »

Dead men tell no tales...
Bah post.
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21