_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5761740 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14490 on: May 24, 2013, 06:22:25 pm »

"That's kinda sad. It seems like you must miss out on so much, being stuck in a simulation and not being real when no one wants to play with you."

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14491 on: May 24, 2013, 09:22:27 pm »

Uhh... what the hell did I just do? I think the VR's drugs are also making me more susceptible to my mental instability. Okay, I'll try again, hopefully I don't trip out like before.
Trying to shake off his hallucinations of a dice rolling a one followed by a two, Charles tries again.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14492 on: May 25, 2013, 08:50:17 am »

((Just out of curiosity, will the new VR program allow us to view missions from the previous HMRC teams? With the Doctor and AM for example or maybe some of the ghost people from the silver flask. Or is it going to be a surprise?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14493 on: May 25, 2013, 09:20:36 am »

Stacy whirls like a dervish, making small leaps in the air, hoping to achieve a heightened state of mind to come up with more questions. He gets a bit dizzy, which he supposes is the next best thing.

"Wow. That's a lot of thoughts."

He watches the metal walls spin by, everything a faint blur around him. Just now, Steve thought an entire lifetime. Pretty wicked.

"How do you perceive the ship, Steve? Is it like a body to you, or are you like a custodian wandering about the ship through cameras and other sensors? Do you sense everything at once vaguely and need to focus to make things clearer, or do you have to 'make your rounds', so to speak? Or are you like one of the gods, aware of everything at once perfectly within your domain?"

Whirl meditatively and inquire.

Stacy whirls like a dervish, making small leaps in the air, hoping to achieve a heightened state of mind to come up with more questions. He gets a bit dizzy, which he supposes is the next best thing.

"Wow. That's a lot of thoughts."

He watches the metal walls spin by, everything a faint blur around him. Just now, Steve thought an entire lifetime. Pretty wicked.

"How do you perceive the ship, Steve? Is it like a body to you, or are you like a custodian wandering about the ship through cameras and other sensors? Do you sense everything at once vaguely and need to focus to make things clearer, or do you have to 'make your rounds', so to speak? Or are you like one of the gods, aware of everything at once perfectly within your domain?"

Whirl meditatively and inquire.
>More like a man at a bank of monitors. My cameras record everything, but I still need to focus on them a few at a time. Of course I can do that quickly enough that it's pretty much the same as watching everything at once. As per the idea of shifting my consciousness around the ship, so to speak, if I feel like I'm in one place and then another, not really. I always in one place, just looking different directions.

"That's kinda sad. It seems like you must miss out on so much, being stuck in a simulation and not being real when no one wants to play with you."

"I suppose."

Uhh... what the hell did I just do? I think the VR's drugs are also making me more susceptible to my mental instability. Okay, I'll try again, hopefully I don't trip out like before.
Trying to shake off his hallucinations of a dice rolling a one followed by a two, Charles tries again.

I don't think she's gonna listen to you after that.

((Just out of curiosity, will the new VR program allow us to view missions from the previous HMRC teams? With the Doctor and AM for example or maybe some of the ghost people from the silver flask. Or is it going to be a surprise?))

I wasn't planning on it really, but I suppose I could throw in some of the "Worst of the HMRC", ie the missions that have caused the most casualties and are the most difficult.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14494 on: May 25, 2013, 09:43:52 am »

Charles exits the program and looks for any combat simulations started by other people he can access.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14495 on: May 25, 2013, 10:03:39 am »

"Ah. Interesting. Well, I'd also like to ask another question. How human are you, Steve? I mean, there's the obvious fact that you've got a ship under your direct control and so on, but do you have actual emotions? Or is that all an effective imitation to facilitate communication? It seems like the first, but I also think that a sufficiently clever software engineer could devise the second."

Keep on whirling and asking.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14496 on: May 25, 2013, 10:08:15 am »

"I know! I know a couple of really nice people. Do you want to meet them?"

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14497 on: May 25, 2013, 03:24:22 pm »

Check intensity of hangover. Then wander around a little.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14498 on: May 25, 2013, 03:25:53 pm »

"TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER, PEASANTS."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14499 on: May 25, 2013, 03:40:22 pm »

do not touch the tripwire, but look at it and try to trace back what it is connected too.

is the tripwire taut or have some slack in it? does it show signs of weathering or is it freshly placed?

finally, slowly go back to the wash, and check it for additional tracks and traps. the trapper had to get here somehow.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14500 on: May 26, 2013, 10:13:56 am »

"Seems like it was meant for an animal than a human, huh. Or a very unaware one." Feyri mused as her eyes moved back to the tripwire.

"However, I'm pretty suspicious of why someone would place it at a mall entrance of all sorts--usually going along the line of thought of malls being centerplaces of products and goods. So...it was meant for humans?

"Err, too little information. I see you're checking it; I'll check for anything else around."

Check for any concealable areas nearby wherein a person-sized entity could hide in.

"This is intriguing."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14501 on: May 26, 2013, 10:47:30 am »

without changing action, facing, or posture.

"or us"

continue what i'm doing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14502 on: May 27, 2013, 10:12:26 am »

Charles exits the program and looks for any combat simulations started by other people he can access.
Well grate is in a battle of wits and boardgames.
May is in a rather one sided burninating of peasants.
And Feyri and Lyra are fighting paranoia.

Your choice.

"Ah. Interesting. Well, I'd also like to ask another question. How human are you, Steve? I mean, there's the obvious fact that you've got a ship under your direct control and so on, but do you have actual emotions? Or is that all an effective imitation to facilitate communication? It seems like the first, but I also think that a sufficiently clever software engineer could devise the second."

Keep on whirling and asking.

>I have emotions, however it's difficult to tell if they arise from my biological components or my technological ones, much in the same way I suppose it would be difficult to separate a chemically induced emotional state from an environmentally cause one in your case.

"I know! I know a couple of really nice people. Do you want to meet them?"

"I don't not want to meet them. Ambivalent."

Check intensity of hangover. Then wander around a little.
Your hangover is...about a 6 out of 10. It's trying, but there's only so much it can do.

You wander around in a daze for a while, slogging through hallways and half acknowledging people as you pass them.

"TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER, PEASANTS."
They respond with more screaming. Hmm, do peasants even have leaders? Was Nixon the guy that lead them? Nixon sounds familiar....

do not touch the tripwire, but look at it and try to trace back what it is connected too.

is the tripwire taut or have some slack in it? does it show signs of weathering or is it freshly placed?

finally, slowly go back to the wash, and check it for additional tracks and traps. the trapper had to get here somehow.

The tripwire is taunt and looks brand new. You can't see what it's attached to in the dark of the building.

You skitter back to the wash and are starting to lower yourself down when the dry ground about a foot in front of you bursts with a little puff of dust.

"Seems like it was meant for an animal than a human, huh. Or a very unaware one." Feyri mused as her eyes moved back to the tripwire.

"However, I'm pretty suspicious of why someone would place it at a mall entrance of all sorts--usually going along the line of thought of malls being centerplaces of products and goods. So...it was meant for humans?

"Err, too little information. I see you're checking it; I'll check for anything else around."

Check for any concealable areas nearby wherein a person-sized entity could hide in.

"This is intriguing."
There area  plenty of places. Practically any of these storefronts could hide someone deeper inside them, not to mention all the scattered homes nearby. This entire place is a maze of ruins that could hide anyone.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14503 on: May 27, 2013, 10:30:27 am »

Need to know before I can know what my reaction is:

did I hear anything at the time the smoke puffed up?

was the smoke puff down in the wash or up above it?

does the wash go in a straight line or is it windy?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14504 on: May 27, 2013, 11:49:24 am »

"...I'll take that as a yes."

Sig
Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 2101