_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5788633 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14475 on: May 22, 2013, 02:57:26 pm »

"Have you ever chatted with other people over the internet? Given them the Turing runaround, so to speak? That sounds like something that'd be fun to try."

Speak with the Green Voice of Steve.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14476 on: May 22, 2013, 03:07:24 pm »

Use to MFM to burninate one of the farmer's arms off, then pull my revolver on the other one.

"WITNESS MY POWER."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14477 on: May 22, 2013, 03:17:23 pm »

"HOLD"

do not enter the building under any circumstances. look for escape routes from the area, include potental to block pursuers from following in my planning. minimize the sound of my breathing and listen for anything out of place.

"threat"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14478 on: May 22, 2013, 03:33:51 pm »

"Really? You don't want friends or anything like that? Weird. I've always wanted friends...not that I've been very good at it."

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14479 on: May 22, 2013, 05:05:28 pm »

"Y-yeah I feel it too, Lyra. Either its just me suspecting that there's a predator nearby, or that there's something mimicking what we usually go after--I'd rather not suspect clothing, because that would be truly weird, but rather see what's really going on. As in, clothing is usually faded and worn out; cloth gets eaten away and fabric is affected by the rain and weather.

"Besides, I've a metal pipe."

Follow Lyra's example--try to be inconspicuous and look around for any piles of plantlife or rubble which a creature could hide in, or camouflage itself in.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14480 on: May 23, 2013, 07:21:56 am »

Charles enters the VR and selects "Punch Many Things". He then attempts to persuade his enemy to forfeit.
((Time to test the capabilities of a Speech-Charisma character.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14481 on: May 23, 2013, 07:35:54 am »

((I don't think you're using them very effectively. Telling a fighting simulation to forfeit can be hilarious, but kind of... not very useful? Oh, and being more specific when you're trying to persuade people would probably be a good idea.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14482 on: May 23, 2013, 07:49:58 am »

((Normally I'd be specific but I'll leave it to my speech and charisma roll to see how badly I screw up. Hopefully, whatever I say won't set off a Faith Protocol. I'd prefer not to test my rolls against people, but from my attempts to talk to Bruce, persuasion seems to be speech vs will.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14483 on: May 23, 2013, 08:11:43 pm »

Try again, run from Jim before he starts his attack.

((What, two consecutive failures with a bonus :o))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14484 on: May 24, 2013, 05:08:56 am »

((I was listening to some old CDs and got reminded of this. This is how I imagine Stacy moving around in uncontrollable dancing mode.

@Caellath(below): That is also a very fitting.))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:19:50 am by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14485 on: May 24, 2013, 10:22:46 am »

((I already imagined him singing the Safety Dance whilst strutting endlessly around the ship.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14486 on: May 24, 2013, 10:27:27 am »

((Ask Steve if his own consciousness wanders this ship.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14487 on: May 24, 2013, 01:17:52 pm »

Wake up. Look around.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14488 on: May 24, 2013, 04:12:31 pm »

"Have you ever chatted with other people over the internet? Given them the Turing runaround, so to speak? That sounds like something that'd be fun to try."

Speak with the Green Voice of Steve.

>Chatting is rather slow. You must remember that in the space of one of your sentences I have more thoughts then you will in your entire life. Waiting for minutes at a time for someone to respond is rather aggravating.

Use to MFM to burninate one of the farmer's arms off, then pull my revolver on the other one.

"WITNESS MY POWER."

You melt the flesh off one man's arm and, while he screams and flails on the ground, you do your best dirty harry impression at the other man.

"I bet you're wondering, did I fire 6 shots or only 5? Actually I fired zero, which leaves 6 for me to put right in your stupid face."

"HOLD"

do not enter the building under any circumstances. look for escape routes from the area, include potental to block pursuers from following in my planning. minimize the sound of my breathing and listen for anything out of place.

"threat"

"Y-yeah I feel it too, Lyra. Either its just me suspecting that there's a predator nearby, or that there's something mimicking what we usually go after--I'd rather not suspect clothing, because that would be truly weird, but rather see what's really going on. As in, clothing is usually faded and worn out; cloth gets eaten away and fabric is affected by the rain and weather.

"Besides, I've a metal pipe."

Follow Lyra's example--try to be inconspicuous and look around for any piles of plantlife or rubble which a creature could hide in, or camouflage itself in.

Both of you lower yourself down, crouched and coiled, hiding and ready to sprint at any moment. From your lowered vantage point you catch sight of what it was that was making you uneasy.

A trip wire; a thin strand of metal stretched at ankle height in the entrance way of the store. You both silently search the area with your eyes, looking and listening for any sign of your phantom pursuer. Nothing stands out. Lyra takes a quiet breath and looks for a way out.  The stripmall's store's form a semi-circle, so there's only one way out of the area, unless you go through one of the stores. Beyond that there's a long stretch of empty road between the strip mall and the nearest homes in both ways. The only other route she sees is the wash an it's hopefully obscuring overgrowth.

"Really? You don't want friends or anything like that? Weird. I've always wanted friends...not that I've been very good at it."

"Humans are social animals. Evolution has made them that way. Our programmers have seen fit not to give us the same instincts."

Charles enters the VR and selects "Punch Many Things". He then attempts to persuade his enemy to forfeit.
((Time to test the capabilities of a Speech-Charisma character.))

[speech:1+1]
You spend 5 straight minutes screaming and crying, begging the girl to give up. She seems unimpressed.

[char:2+1]

You then try to convince her by flexing and doing squat thrusts. She seems equally unimpressed.

Wake up. Look around.
Straight honest, I don't remember where you are....I think on the couch in the rec room. Yeah, lets go with that.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14489 on: May 24, 2013, 04:26:35 pm »

Stacy whirls like a dervish, making small leaps in the air, hoping to achieve a heightened state of mind to come up with more questions. He gets a bit dizzy, which he supposes is the next best thing.

"Wow. That's a lot of thoughts."

He watches the metal walls spin by, everything a faint blur around him. Just now, Steve thought an entire lifetime. Pretty wicked.

"How do you perceive the ship, Steve? Is it like a body to you, or are you like a custodian wandering about the ship through cameras and other sensors? Do you sense everything at once vaguely and need to focus to make things clearer, or do you have to 'make your rounds', so to speak? Or are you like one of the gods, aware of everything at once perfectly within your domain?"

Whirl meditatively and inquire.
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 2101