Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 399819 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #5310 on: March 21, 2013, 07:39:45 pm »

Oh please. You knew when you joined this was a Godhood-like. If there's any game that doesn't give two shits about rules and 'fair' systems, it's Godhood. Ghaz says in the first post you should find out how they work before joining. Sure, Pantheon has actual mechanics, but it still comes down to GM fiat in the end.
Sorry if I think games shouldn't be arbitrarily unfair.

It would appear that our definition of fun isn't the same as yours. Unfortunately, you still aren't in the game and everyone is fine with GM fiat. Suck it up or leave.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: March 21, 2013, 07:52:35 pm »

Hey Ghaz, can the Catalyst infect beings that aren't fleshy?  Better yet, is there anything I currently cannot infect or consume?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: March 22, 2013, 12:38:26 am »

I know, they aren't really liches but I just can't get the image of a Lich Kong Fu Master out of my head.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: March 22, 2013, 12:44:34 am »

Nice, micelius! While I can't quite get the image of Aure out of my head, you're quite nice as Lo.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: March 22, 2013, 12:52:22 am »

Ya know if Aure had survived and achieved enough power, he would have devoured and consumed Az-sho. Disillusionment is a bitch.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: March 22, 2013, 12:53:31 am »

Ya know if Aure had survived and achieved enough power, he would have devoured and consumed Az-sho. Disillusionment is a bitch.
Why is that?
Sig! Onol

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: March 22, 2013, 01:02:05 am »

It's a bit...complicated, so summary:

1. Aure kills giant, becomes Snake-Champion. Extremely pious, continues with sacred homilies.
2. Aure leads the charges against the Infidel Humans/Dwarves/Drakes/Squiddles, slaughtering in the name of High Priest Aurik and the Great Lord Az-sho.
3. Aure spends time governing over the conquests. Sees the destruction caused and humanity of enemies. Starts doubting Aurik. Still loyal to Az-sho.
4. Debates theology with himself and Emberguard/Fireborn. Questions Aurik's leadership. Demands to see him. Assassinate/Duel Aurik. If he dies, Aure probably promoted to High Priest. Pious if a bit disillusioned.
5. Quiet rule and contemplation.
6. Sees the actions of Az-sho and his combat with the gods. Questions his omnibenovelence.
7. Convinces self and followers that Az-sho is using the Fire/Ash/Smoulderborn as slaves in his fight against the gods. Rallies the Emberguard and whoever else who is willing to obey to Snakemount.
8. Demands that Az-sho leaves the mortals to their own fate or that he die.
9. Should Az-sho refuse to leave, Aure+ followers likely burnt to a crisp. Miniscule chance of Aure slaying the Snake.
10. Divides the Fireborn Realm into self-governing principalities. Acts as personal guardian and will of the Former Children.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: March 22, 2013, 01:24:38 am »

Now see, if you succeeded in that, I might not have minded!
Mind you, I'd still have raged with the fury of a thousand suns, but I'd probably have agreed to let you rule on the condition that you guys still paid homage to me. I might even have admitted to some wrong on my part. That or incinerated you.
The only thing I see wrong with that is that I had peaceful intentions for expansion. The first crusade where I took Riat was purely accidental; I didn't mean for any violence to happen. The second was just a revenge thing; after that I was going to focus on making the lives of the Children better, but then Udil backstabbed me for no reason. The only reason I didn't roast him right then was because of that GODDAMNFLURGLEBAGGINGSHITECOOKBANGERFINGE ward that Sapt Golgo laid on him. Muttermuttermuttergoddamnspidermuttermuttermutter
Sig! Onol

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: March 22, 2013, 01:31:28 am »

Heh, peaceful or not, Aurik still sacrificed thousands to Az-sho. Aure, while blaming Aurik, would eventually have blamed Az-sho as well since he's the one receiving all the essence and continuing with the violence.

Question: Why do all the names of the Children start with A?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: March 22, 2013, 01:33:36 am »

Heh, peaceful or not, Aurik still sacrificed thousands to Az-sho. Aure, while blaming Aurik, would eventually have blamed Az-sho as well since he's the one receiving all the essence and continuing with the violence.

Question: Why do all the names of the Children start with A?
Ghaz started that, actually. I dunno why, just felt like that.

I do see Aure's point there, and I'd probably have retracted my forces sooner than that, as Az-Sho was kinda rash when he got angry. Aure would've made a nice counterbalance to that.
Sig! Onol

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: March 22, 2013, 01:35:38 am »

Because A is the holy letter of Az-sho! Or something.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: March 22, 2013, 01:36:10 am »

Luck of a draw, eh? Instead of Mr.Grumpy-I-Gonna-Kill-Ya you could have gotten Mr.Disillusioned-Stop-Being-Stupid-Would-Ya.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: March 22, 2013, 01:37:38 am »

Luck of a draw, eh? Instead of Mr.Grumpy-I-Gonna-Kill-Ya you could have gotten Mr.Disillusioned-Stop-Being-Stupid-Would-Ya.
But then dwarf guy betrayed me for no apparent reason, so it's all moot in the end.
Sig! Onol

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: March 22, 2013, 01:39:56 am »

Yeah...that, for me, was Udils moral event horizon.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: March 22, 2013, 02:40:42 am »

@GWG I also have the best tech short of the Shattered/Choir and the Voidguard. Woot for primitive firearms.

@Vgray Udil's Moral Event Horizon for me was when he left behind his family to conquer everything. I mean, yes he has Vanida, but doesn't he even feel anything for his mortal family?
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 379