Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400159 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #5640 on: April 12, 2013, 08:12:16 am »

Also, I don't see how it inhibits your ability to partake in other games. Unless you have real trouble with attention span and keep forgetting everything every 5 minute,s haivng one more window open ot chat with others in real time shouldn't kill you.
Tablets, especially lower ends ones, don't do much more than one thing at a time. Hell, mine doesn't do much more then minesweeper.

Also the timezone problem and such.

In that case I'm sorry to the tablet people. it still does not preclude your participation on a normal computer or a laptop

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5641 on: April 12, 2013, 08:39:24 am »

I'm all alone in the IRC...Join me Ardas!
We need something to discuss! Like Tactics!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5642 on: April 12, 2013, 08:48:59 am »

I'm all alone in the IRC...Join me Ardas!
We need something to discuss! Like Tactics!

Kinda busy now. I will pop in later

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5643 on: April 12, 2013, 10:53:10 am »

Guys, in the interest of keeping the banter up and to uncluttered the discussions slightly, I would suggest to all to join Freenode #PantheonB12.

Believe me, lot of stuff gets done faster that way.

I'm slightly opposed to doing this, because the times that I would be online does not seem to be when the majority of the other players are, because of that, I would miss nearly all of what is being said, and I would also miss subjects that I would like to comment on, but can't because I am not able to be online at that time.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5644 on: April 12, 2013, 11:25:48 am »

I'm always online...
My hours are compatible with everyone.
I feel slightly priviliged

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: April 12, 2013, 03:16:11 pm »

GWG, if you haven't noticed, but 90% of OOC in here is akin to "rapid-fire chatter" in its content and in its looks.
Just the looks; actual typing speed is optional. When I IRC for A World Asunder, I usually have a few new comments or whatever they're called up between what I'm replying to and mine. It's annoying. On forums, you can just quote...not an option on IRC.

Besides, coordiantion of the game and discussion can be had in real time.
If you understand what everything's referring to. I'll do an experiment if you like: a post replying to someone a few posts back with no quotes at all. See how comprehensible it is.

Also, I don't see how it inhibits your ability to partake in other games. Unless you have real trouble with attention span and keep forgetting everything every 5 minute,s haivng one more window open ot chat with others in real time shouldn't kill you.
You left out the possibility of me being long-winded, which I...may be...and which is worsened by me being on a tablet, which leads to my rapid-fire-attwmpted typing causing typos every sentence that I need to fix. Which is, incidentally, another reason I am avoiding IRC ATM.

And lastly, there are clients for IRC that let you keep track of things, save logs of conversation and other.
But not verifiable ones. And not ones I'm aware of.

Tablets, especially lower ends ones, don't do much more than one thing at a time. Hell, mine doesn't do much more then minesweeper.
Also the timezone problem and such.
In that case I'm sorry to the tablet people. it still does not preclude your participation on a normal computer or a laptop
Which I don't have access to. And what about time zones, or real-life concerns? Do I need to have a record of the IRC channel 24/7 just in case that's when the GM finally answers my question? Forums are nice because they keep all those posts, even when you can't be at the computer.
Not everyone is javier, you know. Some of us need to eat/sleep/shower/work/go to class/etc, and some of us even have lives outside the internet. (Fyi, this is in response to Javier claiming he's always online, not an attempt to insult him.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5646 on: April 12, 2013, 03:32:01 pm »

Well, except when I got to school, but I still use the Internet there when I have time to kill(Every hour or so)
Or when I go out to watch a movie or something.

Other than that, I'm usually always online.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5647 on: April 12, 2013, 03:33:00 pm »

Whatever man, I only suggested something that works very well for my other games. No one is saying you should abandon OOC either. Stop being so anal about things.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: April 12, 2013, 03:33:55 pm »

Speaking of the IRC, UR has been giving me the silent treatment for several hours.

I am a proficient multi-tasker, doing homework/Internet/playing games at the same time.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:37:06 pm by javierpwn »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5649 on: April 12, 2013, 04:11:02 pm »

Spoiler: Catalyst Conduit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leviathan (click to show/hide)
So original... Still pretty funny though

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5650 on: April 12, 2013, 04:12:36 pm »

Some issues

1) What about making Seaspawns settling around ninth continent and getting into close economic relationships with dwarves?
2) I should have 4 acts, because, you know, 3+1 = 4
3) What about Vanida's pregnancy? Any news? Or she wasn't pregnant at all?
4) What about the whole caste of midwives that I tried to create back home?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121907.msg4113932#msg4113932
5) Shouldn't a giantess made from a loyal Vanida's follower and sent to the flying castle spread the word about the goddess and at least try to get worshipers to her (especially among her own children) ? Or, at least, turn some of misotheists into agnostics?  Vanida asked her to "Cease their hatred" after all
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: April 12, 2013, 04:16:09 pm »

He emerald working on it for 2 weeks, of course he missed something! He is only one man!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: April 12, 2013, 04:19:43 pm »

Spoiler: Catalyst Conduit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leviathan (click to show/hide)
So original... Still pretty funny though
*Shrugs*  The Conduits are more plant like than bug like.  Mostly immobile but can squirm around a bit with their tentacles, albeit slowly despite being big.
Leviathan, yeah pretty much.  Maybe less fat looking though.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: April 12, 2013, 04:22:22 pm »

The leviathan is "fat" because it carries hundreds of drop pods, each carrying hives, hive structures, or entire armies.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: April 12, 2013, 04:59:10 pm »

Whatever man, I only suggested something that works very well for my other games. No one is saying you should abandon OOC either. Stop being so anal about things.
Hm...
...I would suggest to all to join Freenode #PantheonB12.
Believe me, lot of stuff gets done faster that way.
That sure makes it sound like you're trying to get stuff done where much of the base can't do any of it!
And I'm so sorry about deconstructing poor arguments.

And I'd like to note once again that the reason I'm so often argumentative is because arguments are the only things I really can do right now, aside maybe from taking some of the posts I agree with and saying "I agree".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379