Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 83897 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #300 on: March 01, 2013, 10:11:43 am »

The Spider's Ring shook, shaking off falling stars, as Sabt Golgo felt the rift appear. She shared the universe's pain and let out a screech of primordial pain in sympathy, her wrath for the fool gods who had battled so recklessly and torn this scar into reality itself. The Void was already seeping through - something arrived with it, the excess power flowing into it. The Spider studied the thing from afar for a moment, preparing Sychasis - but it did not seem to be one of the hungry creatures that preyed on worlds and souls in the depths of the Void. She would have to keep an eye on the creature.

First, though... the rift. She had to protect this universe. The others were petty, small-minded. They fought over mortals and land - when they could simply create it! - and refused to look outwards. She supposed she had lately been guilty of it herself, but she intended to put the power she had gained to good use. Sabt Golgo had created Sychasis for this purpose but against this grievous wound, it would be of little use. She could not afford anything to slip past her guard.

Sabt Golgo dreaded approaching the rift, but she felt Sychasis' reassuring presence behind her, moving into position to target the rift - which touched even the planet's surface as it stretched across space. She drew from the divine energy still burning inside of her, and began to weave.

She pictured the Ring, but larger, stronger, hard light settling into layers and layers of interconnected sections bristling with divine weapons, locked in constant movement, ever-shifting like the Mirrorborn themselves. For she would have the Mirrorborn guard it and man the weapons. They would not have a choice in the matter. This was too important. She spun the vast structure around the rift in reality, space-time warping where it nearly touched the Void. At its lower end, it nearly touched the Spider's Ring and the knowledge-god's moon, but it dwarfed both, an immense circle, glowing faintly with starlight, painted against the torn night sky. There were now two Rings to give light to the mortals of the two planets and the young satellite Ravenas.

Satisfied, Sabt Golgo began repairing the rift, pushing immense amounts of power to erase the scar that still touched the planet to the best of her ability. It was not much, but repairing the wound was beyond her ability.

--

1 Mighty Act: Sabt Golgo creates the Voidguard Ring, an immense structure of interconnected segments solid light that are always transforming to counter attacks and changes. It's located around the rift in reality, ready to blast or question anything nasty that comes out of it - beings that seem too powerful to tackle but not hostile are let go, weak creatures and obviously hungry abominations are attacked and their essences gathered for Sabt Golgo to feast upon.

1 Mighty Act: The new Ring is bristling with batteries of divine weapons manned by the Mirrorborn. Used together, they are of world- or god-destroying power.

1 Mighty Act: Sabt Golgo heals part of the rift (a fifth, I suppose).

Sabt Golgo moves Sychasis into a position to fire with the Voidguard guns should it be needed - or at anything that attacks the Voidguard from inside the universe.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 01, 2013, 11:33:18 am »

Taerai responded to the calls of the two-minded goddess of artisans, and responded in kind, his voice, lighthearted in tone echoed as if it came from every direction at once, yet silent to anyone who was not Harum-Ushtan.

"You may indeed improve the state of this universe, allow me to provide the canvas so that you may work your will across the stars, so that many more ideas may come into creation, without conflict with another god."

And with that Taerai waved his arms and vanished, the newborn stars glistening, filling the void with light where there was once only darkness...

Turn PMed to Ghazkull.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:18:22 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 01, 2013, 02:20:19 pm »

In Snakepeak...
Az-Sho felt it. He recognized it from his own origin - the subtle, incessant, thumping, the slight tremors that reverbated up and down.
The egg was hatching. Az-Sho uncoiled and hovered nearby, watching eagerly as the shell, seemingly composed of the magma around it, shuddered once, twice, and was split in half, the cloud of shards slowly dissipating to reveal -
Beautiful. That was the only word that would describe his daughter, a snake just like him, but built differently - while Az-Sho was bulky and powerful, she was sleek and slim, coiling through the magma as she writhed around in her first minutes of life. She looked around, seemingly curious about everything, and her head snapped his way when he gently mindspoke to her. She looked at him and froze, staring into his eyes while he stared into her own. The flames they contained were new as of yet, but filled with endless energy, a need to expand, to advance, to become, filled them with a fierce intensity. She seemed to take comfort in his eyes, and slithered closer to him through the magma. Draping herself across his snout, snaking up to just behind his head, she snuggled closer to him and fell asleep, exhausted by this first movement. Before she dropped off, however, she spoke a word. Father. Je sighed in happiness, speaking one word in return.
Aur-Sha.
His daughter.
At last, he was happy. At last, in this world of treachery, of malice and hate, of treachery, blood and death, he was truly, purely, happy.
And then he heard Udil's call.
He saw, through the earth, the dwarves, betrayers all, marching upon Snakepeak.
He saw the treacherous dwarf, Udil, standing tall, vain, proud, calling to him, boastfully calling to slay him.
He raged. His hatred boiled through him and for a moment he almost went to him -
But no. He had a daughter. He needs must protect her; and Udil had prepared for this; he had not. But Udil depended on one thing - the fact that he would appear before him.
He would not.
All around the 9th continent, the Children began glowing. Then they were simply gone.
1 Fire Act, 1 Act: Az-Sho teleports all the Children - Fireborn, Ashborn, Smoulderborn, Dragonborn, EmberGuard, all of them - all their equipment, and in fact, every village he Children live in, all their food, and all their technology along with all the dwarves' food, to the 5th continent. This includes the Jötnite supplies.

He spoke, and his rage heated the ground, melting the legs of many nearby dwarves.
So you have shown your true self.
Do you know what you looked like when I took you in, when I aided you in establishing your civilization? You looked mortal. You looked at least partially trustworthy. You looked honorable.
I could have killed you at any time, but I did not, because I believed your cause was just. Perhaps your intentions were pure in the beginning, simply to avenge your people, but now that your ambitions are fulfilled beyond your wildest dreams, you made wilder dreams. You have become insatiable, Udil, and you know not what you dare when you break a bond of fellowship centuries old. Remember always, I raised you up, supported you with the ground beneath your feet. I can take it away just as easily. Know your folly, mortal. You call to the gods as if they are dogs to be slain? Do not presume to command us.

1 Act: Az-Sho collapses all the tunnels under the 9th continent, causing the entire continent to become unsupported and collapse, destroying all the Underhomes, sending the coastal dwarven villages tumbling into deep chasms, and lowering the continent by 50-100 feet. Massive earthquakes and aftershocks follow.
Az-Sho then travels to the Fifth Continent, and comforts his children.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 02:57:14 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 01, 2013, 02:23:51 pm »

Corvus watched from his vantage point on the Corvid Moon.

He smirked.

"It seems Az-Sho is returned. Perhaps I should attempt to help him...to repay my debts for him offering to ally with me.

Not now though. My power is yet to be solidified, and I may not be out of the woods yet, so to speak."

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 01, 2013, 02:51:42 pm »

A booming heavenbound voice eclipses the Serpent's own, driving the audience to their knees. "How very amusing, lesser one, however, this shall not come to pass, preparest Thyself for oblivion!"

Aodun makes his apocalyptic landfall at the fifth continent, rendering it asunder as the ancient prepares to strike against dwarvenkin. With one fel swoop, the Elder God of Order engages Az-Sho in a melee of titanical proportions, lashing against anyone foolish enough to intercede for the serpent.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 02:53:23 pm by Azthor »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 01, 2013, 02:58:50 pm »

Taerai however, intervenes. The purpose of this intervention becomes abundantly clear when it strikes however...

Taerai makes a galaxy for the gods to create what they will in it, not paying attention to any specifics about it. Two Mighty acts.

Taerai then teleports to a point within the newly created galaxy, creating himself a sanctuary for him to slumber in without disturbance or interference by any of the other gods, essentially acting as a fortress as much as a home. One mighty acts.

Taerai then makes prison, one mighty enough to contain the most powerful of elder gods, and one that, if they managed to escape from, would not leave them in a position to take revenge for their imprisonment. He does this far away from anywhere a mortal could reach, the prison's only weakness being that only a mortal could open it. This prison is designed to leech the power of it's occupants, to feed the overgod's own power without draining the prisoners into nothingness Three mighty acts

Taerai then teleports Aodun into the prison, for not only acting against the previous overgod, but for the leeching of the spire and thus the overgods limited power reserve, and seals Aodun inside it. One mighty act.

Taerai then makes the Gold Colossi, the guardians of the avatar, and the prison of the gods, that shall teleport to the avatar's location should any god attempt to harm him, and prevent any mortal from approaching the divine prison. One mighty act
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:14:52 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 01, 2013, 03:16:33 pm »

She sensed the flows of energies diverting and changing...The Overgod had done something powerful indeed. A prison, a prison fit for a god! Whatever must be locked up there would not be good for our grand work, would it Ushtam?

Being aware of the now slightly safer state of the planet, Lo still did not dare enter the world itself; far too foolish. Instead, she formed a simple simulacrum to scout out the world below...starting with this Ring.

On the Ring

The simulacrum descended onto the Ring. From close-up, the Ring seemed...inhabited. Gardens and living areas dotted the structure. While it was possible for a mortal to construct such a structure in time, it was unlikely. Far more likely that this was the work of a god. He obviously likes rings too. We should call him. Or her. It?

Lo sent out a message, perceptible only to the divine.

"Lord of the Ring? we are Lo and we wish to speak. Would it be permissible?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 01, 2013, 03:17:44 pm »

Corvus watched it all. Every single thing.

"This doesn't bode well for the planet dwellers. Perhaps my prescience saved the Crowborn from premature death."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 01, 2013, 03:22:14 pm »

Sabt Golgo returned to her home to find a stranger waiting. She could sense the divine in it, but it seemed familiar somehow - perhaps one of the wandering thoughts of the Void that she had glimpsed before she had been given form? The Spider approached with interest, crawling up the other side of the Ring. She came up behind Lo slowly, her gigantic, transparent shape rising behind him as a mountain. She studied the creature for a moment and sent her message in turn;

I am the Spider, the mistress of this place. You may speak, wanderer.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 01, 2013, 03:26:23 pm »

Spiders? Hmmm...A Queen of Spiders? Goddess of plots? Crafting?

"Mistress this Ring you have here is a beautiful artwork that caught our eye. We do not recall seeing a structure like this for...some time. We must however question its purpose and your own purpose as a god; we desire information and we would not wish to tread on...the feet of any we should cross here."

Lo waited, somewhat aware of the energies gathering behind her simulacrum.

Ah yes, spiders are ambush predators, after all.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 01, 2013, 03:28:17 pm »

The Ninth Continent

5 Dwarvish Armies. 30 thousand Dwarfs. Two Thousand Stoneguards. A thousand Golems. Udil.

I remember the day like today. It was one of the worst days Dwarvendom every experienced. It had taken months to mobilize the armies. To forge the steel, the golems. To train the troops. The Discussions in the Things went back and forth. Many Clanleaders voted against the war, called their comrades to be cautious. Az-Sho was a God after all. Then Udil spoke. A Thousand Clan-Leaders sitting like Children before the Great Father of Dwarves. As he promoted the war. Oh how we loved him. His Call to Arms. Volunteers were coming everyday. Too many to outfit. Half of them were sent back to their homes. When we finally moved out we moved with precision! What a sight we were! Thousand Boots marching in unison! Making the Tunnels tremble and the Children of Az-Sho in our visions too. We would sweep over them like the tides of winter!

Young Stupid fools we were. When we reached the Snakepeak, it was empty. Devoid of any livign thing. All. Gone.

Next the earth began to shake around us and then the ground around the Mountain began to collapse for as far as the eyes could see. The Deathcries of our Families echoing in our ears. We all died that day. And there he stood smug in his confidence. The bastard. We stared at him "What now Father?" It would turn out we never got the answer we wanted...
Gerd Grensson, Fist of the Drakeslayers

Fifth Continent.

They were in fear, huddled together staring out into the unkown wilderness. Then it appeared. a blinding light. A phoenix. Fiery Death. In all it's glory a beast surpassing even the Fiery Snake in it's Greatness. It's fury could be felt and even the Flameborn felt hot below it. Several of the thinner-blooded Ashborn started to go aflame. Then suddenly it stopped. A pitiful squawk.

-plop-

It was gone. The Children rejoiced. They lived another day.

Aodun is imprisoned in the (give the damn thing a name) God Prison created by Taerai.
Almost all Dwarves are killed except those in the army following Udil.
The Children of Az-Sho are teleported to the Fifth Continent

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 01, 2013, 03:32:34 pm »

Feros spoke to Gren Grensson:
 'Do you still uphold your glorious leader now? Did I not warn you? No good has come of following him - your people lie slaughtered and broken, at the hands of the Dwarf who dreams of godhood. I urge you now, leave him. Take your clan, take your allies, and leave him. Leave him to his dreams of blood and fire, and renounce him as your lord. Then, and only then, will you taste joy again. But not all is lost mortal. You could lead your people to a new dawn. And if that dawn pleases me, then you may have help on the way..... Tell me, how do you answer?'
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:37:49 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 01, 2013, 03:42:50 pm »

Sabt Golgo's gaze moved across the wide arc of the visible Ring, taking in the artifice and the Mirrorborn as they moved about - those that she wasn't moving to man the Voidguard. It seemed this creature hadn't even noticed it. She looked back at Lo.

The Ring is my home here, and the home of my children. It allows us to see the changes the world below goes through as the ages turn and keeps us far from the eyes and ambitions of the petty godlings below.

She paused, sending amusement. My purpose is my own. I guard this world against the Void and all it contains, alone - my 'kin' here are blinded by their little games. And I wait. I will wait for long after your life has become naught but memory if I must, little one. I remain, to safeguard change.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 01, 2013, 03:47:25 pm »

Udil did not know where the Az-Sho escaped to, but he was certain that he would not run away from his Wrath. His people might despise him for this act, but there was a way to fix it all. He was halfway to godhood afterall, and Gods can undo even damage as this.

He decided ot speak to Thaneos.

"Thaneos, Giantfather! Udil calls you forth! Let us speak together, and join forces to punish the travesty commited by Az-Sho!"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:59:09 pm by Ardas »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 01, 2013, 03:49:50 pm »

Corvus watched this unfold.

"He honestly thinks that Thaneos will not simply reject him, knowing his insanity?

At this point, I don't believe even Sabt Golgo is aiding him anymore."

He laid back on his comfy chair in Ravenas and rested a bit more, watching the events unfold on the planet surface.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 61