Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 83906 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #435 on: March 05, 2013, 11:45:03 am »

There is a flash in the sky, small as a star but bright as the sun. Nelkathar looks up at it in astonoshment.

"...Whatever this omen signifies, it is not good. A star in the day? It is a violation of the natural order of things."

Muttering a prayer to his deceased grandfather, Nelkathar continues onward...

(Ignore this if the cosmology puts the bulk of the planet in the way.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 05, 2013, 12:13:49 pm »

Still not enough, never enough, the Hunger endured... What was that small thing, floating so fragile and emanating obvious divine essence, daring to overshadow his Star upon the planet? Prey, that it most certainly was, his next target, but first, to restore His overmight and deal with those insolent things who thought themselves worthy of His Spire.

With yet another flare of power, Aodun restores himself to a twisted mockery of his form of yore [1 Mighty Act - Elder God], only to subtract once more into itself,  flames and armor changing into something else altogether. As metal unknown and fires of taint unmatched coalesce, a thousand gaping maws of fire, blurring and fading between realities, emerge, tearing to shreds all and anything to dare approach. Ineffable, incomprehensible and all but impervious, its body is shrouded in chaos primaveal, from whence its scales, mockeries of a dragon's, emerge [Armor of the Pantocrator and Fires of Creation +1 Mighty Act -> Mantle of the Void: +15/+9].

His work done, Aodun sets for for Spire, intent on devouring anything in sight.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:05:32 pm by Azthor »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 05, 2013, 12:20:29 pm »

Corvus saw, in the distance, a small thing ascend. It was far away from him, indeed, many leagues separated it from him, but he sensed it was not a creature he dared fight.

It seemed to be ascending elsewhere, he could only just see it over the horizon of the planet.

(Forgot to specify a location. The Corvid Moon is currently on the other side of the planet from where said star is visible in case my current post wasn't as descriptive or clear.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:24:51 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 05, 2013, 12:26:40 pm »

((Next relevant question: Was the battle at night or in the day from the Ninth Continent/wherever Nelkathar was?)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 05, 2013, 01:04:26 pm »

Kar'lan moved to the side and watched the destruction of Qebeh.  He muttered under his breath "Yet another dead.  This rate is a little absurd."  He then looked towards Sabt Golgo, "While my duty is not to the world, but the souls of its inhabitants, one of the punishments of atonement of the deeds of the souls could be to utilize your weapons until their time of atonement is past and they are allowed to go towards a world that I shall create that will never be accessible to living mortals, but a paradise to souls.  Will this be satisfactory?"
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 05, 2013, 03:18:24 pm »

When  Nelkathar finally reaches the Spire he is greeted by the still Bloodthirsty Aodun. The Battle is short. Even a Mighty Dragon like Nelkathar cannot compete with an Elder God of the Power that Aodun possesses. In moments the Dragon is burned to Death and eaten by the massive Phoenix.

Nelkathar has been Slain

Aodun gains one Act.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 04:21:20 pm by Ghazkull »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 05, 2013, 03:20:37 pm »

Corvus watched, and paced faster. There was his life on the stake.

He needed to know if it was safe for him.

He looked to the Ring, to see what they were doing.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:44:57 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 05, 2013, 05:55:36 pm »

Kar'lan looked upon what Aodun continued to do, and decided to leave the insane diety alone.  He set out for an extreme distance from the planet (100000+ light-years) and used his mighty act to create a paridise, and a hell within a pocket dimension.  These two areas are separated by a great rift that can only be crossed at the location where souls first arrived at the location to be judged.  The entrance to the dimension strongly repels mortals and other dieties in a 1 light-year radius, while acting as a universe-wide black hole to unattached souls of dead mortals instantaneously.

Kar'lan then proceeded to judge the souls that were brought to the planet, sending them to any still living dieties if their souls were promised to them, granting them access to the paridise if their deeds allowed them, sent to the hell for a set period of time before being returned to the planet with their memories of the paridise, judgement, and hell, causing them to get another chance and have the opportunity to spread the word of Kar'lan to mortals if they failed to do deeds that allowed them access (commands in spoiler), or sending them to perform duties to other dieties for atonement before they entered the paridise.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 04:51:33 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 05, 2013, 06:00:41 pm »

Corvus watched this from the moon. He hoped it would work, because Aodun was preying on other gods and even mere fate touched, like Udil, the hated one, had been once. He had already seen Nelkathar, the stone dragon, fall to him.

He did not want to be next.

He decided that if whoever was doing this failed, he would go to the Ring and negotiate. He wanted such a threat as Aodun down. Even Udil did not compare to such a god.

If Kar'Lan fails, teleport to the Ring to mask my barely detectable essence (because I'm apparently weaker than Nelkathar, it stands that my essence is all but undetectable) and to negotiate something.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:50:52 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 05, 2013, 06:54:55 pm »

Vasvaldi gave the fierce combat a wide berth and landed on the world, deep in the heart of Eversummer. He was manifest and the earth shook a little when he impacted, but he doubted anyone would really notice it amongst all the other shaking.
He sniffed the air, the soot and ash filling his lungs. This world was tearing itself apart. But through time, he could catch glimpses of a safer world for all beings.

The people crying out for their god, that he was somewhat concerned about. He could sense that something cataclysmic had occurred and these small, bipedal and hairless beings had no one to protect them.

So Vasvaldi became much smaller. Large enough to be noticed, but small enough to pass through their streets with ease. He would howl mournfully as he passed through their houses, winding through their marketplaces and plazas. The keening wail like sound accompanying his passage would draw them close, and the whispers of his power in their minds would deal him into their prophecies and stories as a...Watchdog. A protector to see them through this dark time. In time the whispers would wash away their belief in whatever Gods came before him. And whenever they arrived, they would have Vasvaldi to thank.

When his throng of people had reached a sufficient number, Vasvaldi slashed at the air before him, his fangs glinting with raw power, opening a pathway between points in time, and urging the people to travel through it making promises of safety. Slowly the people filed uncertainly into the tunnel of scintillating colors and once the last was through, Vasvaldi licked the scratch in time until it was closed.

Mighty Act: Vasvaldi shepards some of the people of Hadria through Time itself to a point where the world was less tumultuous, and they can settle and thrive again.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 06, 2013, 02:44:59 am »

Feros was horrified. His son had died, and there had been no challenge. Such a being could easily destroy him also. Revenge would have to wait..... But before he fled, he spoke to his followers, told them to hide, to retreat. For a storm was coming, in which even gods would fall.
Saying this he fled to the ring around the rift
, for here he saw the power to stop the devourer.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:04:03 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 06, 2013, 04:00:49 am »

Vanida never fled, cursing herself for spending the most of her power on minor thing yet again. She traveled across the wounded world. She spent the time among mortals. All survived mortals, without preference by race. Leading them, guiding them, tending for them (like mortal women would), saying stories about early deeds of the gods and and sharing a bed with mortals. Yet again goddess of lust shared her body with mortals. But now  She never aimed for her own pleasure as it was before. She tried to cease the pain of mortals with the pleasure at least for few sweet hours and give them babies. Give them ascendants, the ones that would give mortals one more chance to survive that hellhole

Vanida changed during that time, while she was as beautiful and young as she was before, her hair changed to gray due to all mortal pain and fear she witnessed. Her eyes, that glowed with passion and pride, now was sad and tired.

Her character changed more dramatically, she forgot about her carelessness as she was afraid of attack any moment. She grew to hate all divine beings until they gave a reason not to. Her wild temperament went away as she was now as cold as the planet has became.

Yep. Vanida is mating again, a lot. As if the world had no enough ascendants
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 06, 2013, 08:03:14 am »

Vanida hears a small voice, seeming to come from all around her. Corvus had not forgotten her hostility at the Godsmeet.

"I see you are returned.

Your wish is granted. Your enemy is dead. Many have died in the same fight, and Udil now rules supreme.

Are you satisfied now? Now that your enemies are dead and I am in hiding? Nonetheless, I still will not oppose you.

I have in fact come with a proposition, if you care for mortals. For we have similar aims.

Either answer if you are interested, or ignore me if you will not listen. But know that I am waiting."
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 11:50:14 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 06, 2013, 01:06:59 pm »

"Fuck off, The Crow" That answer was far from a one suiting a lady, especially a refined divine lady she once was  "Fuck off, hypocrite. You killed another younger god for his power after all your words about peace" She added with hate in her voice

Your beloved snakemaster was the one who turned the world into that, He provoked Thaneos by burning human cities, he killed hundreds of thousands swarves including his own worshipers. He could have fled as he did and prepare to defend his children. But no. He spent last bits of power for a senseless revenge. Directed not at Udil but at his people. His children are the only mortals that deserved what happened to them. I tried to show them, that their "father" is an evil maniac, but those fools never listened. So no, I'll not cooperate with you, with the puppet, especially considering that I heard that you are now a servant of the spawn of Az-Sho. "
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 06, 2013, 01:21:13 pm »

" I wished to offer help by taking mortals onto my moon and carrying them safely to the galaxy created by the overgod Taeri, but you are clearly unable to forgive.

You dare call me a hypocrite? You declare war on others remorselessly and butcher millions, but now you care about mortals? May I remind you that Az-Sho was forced to do this by Udil? Or that Thaneos blatantly ignored his own promises? And the fact that I was trying to prevent Aldemas from gaining power from my death and only killed him on the basis of luck? You know nothing of it, Lust Goddess! I will bear the burden of murdering Aldemas forevermore, and if I could, I would revive him and set him free. You would do no such for anyone.

You're as hypocritical as me. At least I am attempting to atone for the mistakes I gave made. Aldemas was not meant to die and I have attempted in my best ability to help those who would save the shades.  As it is, what have you done, save cower away on other planets? I fled because I had no other choice. You had worshippers, I had none.

And as for the spawn of Az-Sho, what right have you to tell me I am such a monster for protecting her? You are protecting mortals. I am protecting a child. Of course you would know no such thing, you are incapable of loving. Such irony, you called all of us impassionate monsters at the Godsmeet, yet I am capable of forgiveness and caring for a child that is not mine, but you are incapable of letting something go for the sake of potential help. As it is Aur-Sha is as vulnerable to the other gods as the mortals, and I am unwilling to let her die so quickly. You have no room to talk, as you abandoned your own children.

Fine. Ignore my proposal. The hand of forgiveness is always open, but you have rejected it. Do not expect me to let you plead help when Aodun or Udil takes you. I wish you good luck in evading them, but I doubt anyone can. I am no puppet, not anymore.  And you shouldn't be one to your own grudges, not that you'd listen to sane advice from me.

Good luck protecting what little you have from the predators. And do not call for the Crow when you are to follow those who have passed."

A whooshing sound followed, and Vanida found that she could no longer contact Corvus.

As Corvus shut the link off, several crows flew by Vanida, cawing at her derisively. They vanished before she could retaliate.

He sighed.
"She is a troubled goddess, and that perhaps shall doom her."
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 61