Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 289660 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Commercial break: Tab A, Slot B
« Reply #1335 on: May 13, 2014, 11:59:07 am »

Books explaining how all the weird arena stuff works, preferably.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: May 13, 2014, 12:08:11 pm »

On second thought, I think I'll keep my rifle for now.

Go home. Collect golf ball sized rocks.

Rob him of the rifle while he's out collecting rocks.  Don't take the rocks though, that would be being a jerk.
Aw, c'mon, I've got plans for the rifle next episode that involve someone else getting it! That someone could be you, and you could get paid at the same time!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: May 13, 2014, 12:12:39 pm »

Rob him of the rifle while he's out collecting rocks.  Don't take the rocks though, that would be being a jerk.
Aw, c'mon, I've got plans for the rifle next episode that involve someone else getting it! That someone could be you, and you could get paid at the same time!

Just shoot him? Like, BANG, problem solved? And free DD to!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: May 13, 2014, 12:15:58 pm »

((We saw what happened the last time someone broke da law in dis town...))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: May 13, 2014, 12:18:32 pm »

Just shoot him? Like, BANG, problem solved? And free DD to!
That's one way, I suppose! I planned to just give the rifle to a random person who makes a sidebet with me, to try to spark a little interest and get my betting enterprise off the ground. Murdering potential customers is bad for business!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: May 13, 2014, 12:20:49 pm »

((We saw what happened the last time someone broke da law in dis town...))

Actually...

Right to own weapons is strangely unrestricted.
The laws of self defense are extremely easy to manipulate, if you catch my drift.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: May 13, 2014, 12:23:29 pm »

((Except when they're stealig your buisness.  :I

Why don't you just sell the individual shots?  Say, ten DD and you'll fire a round at a target of the customer's choosing.  Thirty, and you'll fire until the person's dead.  You could even sell to contestants, because they can apparently convert points to DD, considering the one guy half-paid for the random option.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1342 on: May 13, 2014, 12:24:42 pm »

Watch the 24-hour stream. Observe if the stream informs the audience of what the shackle told him to do. If it doesn't, go find a forum thread dedicated to guessing what the shackle's challenge is on the local network

:P

According to the internet peoples, who clearly wouldn't lie, the challenges that the shackle tends to give out are often related to the needs of the contestant. The more desperate the need, the worse the challenge, and the greater the reward. It seems that whoever is posting the challenges really likes to fuck with the contestants.

Move away from the others and gingerly remove the bandages to check on my shoulder. If it is festering or for some reason the post-episode medical care didn't fix it and I can't get medical care, treat it with antibiotics or disinfect it with rubbing alcohol and rebandage it with stuff from the first aid kit I took from Kriellya. If I don't still have that first aid kit for some reason, buy another for 2 points and treat the shoulder. After treating it, or if it doesn't need treatment and isn't healed, put new bandages on and wear the Athlete Suit. Of my shoulder somehow miraculously healed, then forego the bandages and put on the suit. Also, if under attack for some reason, defend self with sword. Because paranoia is my friend.

((That sword description makes me think it is some sort of saw or whip/chain sword. I hope it is. Also, I'm assuming I got medical care for my shoulder after the episode. And I'm glad I took Kriellya's medkit after she diedwas betrayed. I'm probably making too many assumptions, but I'm assuming I still have it.))
Your shoulder is fine as it can be, for losing a lot of skin. The bandages just make it itch as it heals.

You open the case and pull out the suit thats neatly folded within. The suit itself is a single piece body suit which covers the entirety of the wearer, including hands and head, with the head piece being the only really solid part and the rest being flexible slightly rubbery. It's a dull silvery color and appears to be made of some sort of fibrous material fused with a black, synthetic backing. When you put it on, the suit molds to your body, compressing itself down until it's skintight. The helmet, which fits your head snugly within but is more rounded and spherical on the outside, displays the world to you via a 360 degree camera system that allows you to look anywhere you want without moving your head, as well as following your motions normally.  Always hovering on the corner of your vision is the number 5, displayed in green system font.  Inside the case, under the suit, is a small folded sheet of paper.

Sit in appartment. Put on some music, and dance the night away!
http://plug.dj/einsteinian-roulette/

>Go home and cook a nutritious meal for my sisters when they return from school.

...Failing that, order pizza.
You order a broccoli pizza. Your sisters are nonplussed.

Do weasel stuff. Hide until the place is closed down for the day, then run around the arena like a crazy fucker and shit on things.
You sure you wanna run around in the back? There's bad stuff back there. You might die.

PM action sent.
Navarro gets up and walks around the room a bit, bumping into a couple people on his way to one of the nice chairs by the tv.

Larry dries off after his shower, waggles his genitals at a nearby camera, then dresses and sits down with a nice unhealthy meal, and watches the other contestants.

Dry off, get something delicious- nutrition optional- from the kitchen, then sit down and eat while observing.

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)
You get yourself and your gun a corndog.  That done, you go sit on one of the nice chairs and watch the people milling around.

Hide under a bed and dine on vermin until the time comes for fun.

You crawl under the bed and hide from the people, waiting for the movie magic to kick in.

I don't think they'll let you bring those in. Gotta buy DMR branded rocks.

Hapah clubs you upside the head with his rifle and then points it at you.

"Walk away or I add a ventilation hole to your chest cavity."

Books explaining how all the weird arena stuff works, preferably.
Ah, nice try but no.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: May 13, 2014, 12:32:11 pm »

Why don't you just sell the individual shots?  Say, ten DD and you'll fire a round at a target of the customer's choosing.  Thirty, and you'll fire until the person's dead.  You could even sell to contestants, because they can apparently convert points to DD, considering the one guy half-paid for the random option.))
((I think that is an absolutely amazing idea, but will have to run the numbers to come up with reasonable. What about the rest of you, what do you think about it?))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: May 13, 2014, 12:36:16 pm »

Sit down and watch the telly. Try to find some reruns of DMR.

"So, Cromwell, what finger combination did you use to shoot the acid?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: May 13, 2014, 12:47:40 pm »

"It's healthy, okay," Tsafi cried in an anguished voice, seated at the kitchen table amidst a scattered pile of food coupons, "And it fits in our budget- unlike that triple-cheese monstrosity I had to pay for the last time I let you two order your own dinner!" He sighed, slumping forwards in his seat as doors slammed in unison elsewhere in the house.
That could have gone better. Oh well, at least he had the living room to himself for now, while his sisters were off sulking.

>Chuck a couple slices of pizza on a plate, lounge in front of the TV watching past DMR re-runs as I eat.
Take note of what sort of game modes and challenges have proven most popular in the past, and check out whatever info is displayed on the available equipment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: May 13, 2014, 01:05:47 pm »

Read that piece of paper that was in the case. Also, check the sword for buttons. Then go watch TV with the others.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: May 13, 2014, 01:08:02 pm »

((I think that is an absolutely amazing idea, but will have to run the numbers to come up with reasonable. What about the rest of you, what do you think about it?))

Damn, I was planning on doing that if I got your gun. Damn you syv!

Anyways, 10DD a pop seems too much. Just ask how much ammo refills cost, then base price on that.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: May 13, 2014, 01:09:36 pm »

"Ammo" is listed as two points in the machine, with no type specification.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: May 13, 2014, 01:11:21 pm »

If 2 points (20DD) works out to 10 shots, that's 2DD a shot. I'd prolly price it at 3 a shot to make it accessible to more people.

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 153