Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11424 11425 [11426] 11427 11428 ... 13314

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14888815 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #171375 on: April 30, 2016, 09:50:26 am »

I think the whole ending in general was quite a bit of a let down, I think Sanderson has said that Robert had basically already written the ending and his work was really just connecting the parts between, which I can believe, because Sandersons books have much better ending in my opinion. Sorta funny that I think some of the best parts of the series were not even written by the original author.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171376 on: April 30, 2016, 09:54:43 am »

@Caroline:YAY!!!!!!!!!!!  TOLERANCE!!!!!!!!!  WOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #171377 on: April 30, 2016, 10:11:48 am »

I think the whole ending in general was quite a bit of a let down, I think Sanderson has said that Robert had basically already written the ending and his work was really just connecting the parts between, which I can believe, because Sandersons books have much better ending in my opinion. Sorta funny that I think some of the best parts of the series were not even written by the original author.

I admit there's a bit of a drag in the books, but don't diss the ending. I thought it was brilliant.

My general opinion of WoT is that there are some boring parts, but that they are more than made up for with the sheer epicness. Mat Vs the Gholam and Perrin in the Two Rivers to give two examples.

The women were annoying, though. I was so happy when they started getting cowed en masse.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171378 on: April 30, 2016, 11:58:07 am »

I admit there's a bit of a drag in the books, but don't diss the ending. I thought it was brilliant.

I think that the books did pick up near the end, but I mean, the way the story ended in general, the final bits of the final book were the let down. Not necessarily the events right before them.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171379 on: April 30, 2016, 12:05:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171380 on: April 30, 2016, 12:09:08 pm »

0_o

I think that the books did pick up near the end, but I mean, the way the story ended in general, the final bits of the final book were the let down. Not necessarily the events right before them.
Well, which bit of the end didn't you like? I thought it was all good. Probably best if you use a spoiler, haha.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171381 on: April 30, 2016, 12:45:22 pm »

Don't get me wrong, a lot of the final book was really good. Just not... The very end bit.

Edit: Also I'm going to make a vague quality of writing compliant as well, I think that Sanderson is a better writer then Robert, not that Robert is bad or anything. And I feel at the end of the book you could feel Roberts skeletal undead hand on the pen more then anywhere else in the book, and it sorta shows with what I feel is just a bit of a drop in quality, especially noticeable because it's where one would expect the very best from a book. That said, that whole complaint is pretty much based in personal opinion. So...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 12:57:04 pm by Criptfeind »

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171383 on: April 30, 2016, 01:10:01 pm »

Aaaa, neat!

There's one of those that happens every once in a while in the city near me, now that I'm old enough I might have to rope some friends into going this year...
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #171384 on: April 30, 2016, 01:13:09 pm »

Aaaa, neat!

There's one of those that happens every once in a while in the city near me, now that I'm old enough I might have to rope some friends into going this year...

Perhaps you'll even learn how to rope them safely when you're there!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171386 on: April 30, 2016, 01:40:48 pm »

Don't get me wrong, a lot of the final book was really good. Just not... The very end bit.

Edit: Also I'm going to make a vague quality of writing compliant as well, I think that Sanderson is a better writer then Robert, not that Robert is bad or anything. And I feel at the end of the book you could feel Roberts skeletal undead hand on the pen more then anywhere else in the book, and it sorta shows with what I feel is just a bit of a drop in quality, especially noticeable because it's where one would expect the very best from a book. That said, that whole complaint is pretty much based in personal opinion. So...

I've only recently been introduced to Sanderson's work, but I have to agree - he is a better writer.

Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #171387 on: April 30, 2016, 01:46:54 pm »

HR person sent me an email with name in greeting this time. Thanked me and said she'd get back to me with the next steps in the process as soon as she could.

I'm hoping this is a good thing.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171388 on: April 30, 2016, 01:57:34 pm »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171389 on: April 30, 2016, 02:07:24 pm »

@MNII:Have fun.  ;D
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 11424 11425 [11426] 11427 11428 ... 13314