Poll

Good or bad idea?

Very good.
good.
meh.
bad.
Very bad.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Masterwork Reborn - Discussion/Suggestions  (Read 51749 times)

VonPärre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork Reborn - Discussion/Suggestions
« Reply #345 on: March 03, 2015, 05:58:10 pm »

can crematorium get otion to burn different size clothes? dunno if thats possible but would be very usefull to turn them to ash without fear of destroying all your rare silk pantaloons in procress.

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 03, 2015, 07:15:48 pm »

I usually setup stock pile links so that I only burn things of ordinary quality. That takes care of keeping almost everything like that from getting turned to ash.

Kritickill

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 03, 2015, 11:29:06 pm »

You know I played exclusively with Masterwork prior to 40.x vanilla. I eagerly awaited an for months for an update to 40.x. I checked every day for word on this. Then every week. And in December, just before Christmas, I check and SURPRISE like a gift there it is. I quickly downloaded it and whats this? It's 34.11. Surprise indeed motherfucker, I didn't look at the version prior to downloading it.

Here's the thing: I don't care about the races. I don't want to play with kobolds, orcs, humans, hermits, warlocks, succubi, goblins, elves, or hello kitty whenever thats implemented in. I don't want a simplified dwarf mode. Why the hell would I or anyone else want that? The fun of DF is that its a ridiculously difficult game to master with ridiculous levels of complexity. And 34.11. I don't even know where to begin except to say that I'm not going back to it.

I played with Masterwork because I liked the additional siege races; dark stranglers, white tigermen, frost giants, etc. the simplified wood, gems, meats, leathers, etc. and at least some of the additional workshops. The gui is well put together and adds a nice bit of control, too. These are the reasons I played with MDF. But if this is how its gonna be I'll stick with vanilla.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 04, 2015, 12:20:26 am »

Masterwork Reborn (alpha 0.00004) is built on DF40.24

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #349 on: March 05, 2015, 12:35:28 am »

Kritickill: Most of the features you mentioned are in the test version of 40.x I released. The GUI cant toggle the new invaders yet, but that's only one update away. I just have to sit down and add the tags ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 05, 2015, 01:10:23 am »

Yeah, I'm all for complaining about mods not updating to the latest version of DF, but it's better to do it when it's actually true :P

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 11, 2015, 02:46:04 am »

If it hasn't been done already, it would probably be a good idea to have a way to disable cave-in pauses in the GUI. As forest fires generate a lot of cave-ins and it kind of ruins the game when you have to unpause all the time just to have it happen again before you can do anything about it. I wouldn't normally consider it an issue, but MW typically has more ways to play with fire than vanilla does so the issue will likewise plague MW players even more than it already does vanilla players.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 11, 2015, 06:37:51 am »

Better would probably be a way for it to not consider tree collapses a cave in, but that would probably need a feature request for Toady.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 11, 2015, 08:15:12 am »

It's a message category so it would be easily modified in announcement.txt, I admit I did not look at the gui so much to see if there is an editor included.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #354 on: March 11, 2015, 08:28:08 am »

Yeah, I'm all for complaining about mods not updating to the latest version of DF, but it's better to do it when it's actually true :P
Look Putnam we can't bang our fists on the table and act all entitled if we stick to your system of "facts" okay?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #355 on: March 11, 2015, 08:50:28 am »

Look Putnam we can't bang our fists on the table and act all entitled if we stick to your system of "facts" okay?
I'll ignore facts! Damn it, can someone please finally update this mod? Jesus... I've been waiting forever.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #356 on: March 11, 2015, 08:56:43 am »

I'll ignore facts! Damn it, can someone please finally update this mod? Jesus... I've been waiting forever.
Why the hell isn't all of the FREE WORK I've paid for finished by now! It's been MONTHS I tell you!

-More angry fist banging-

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 11, 2015, 06:34:01 pm »

Goddammit, Meph, what are we not paying you for? Back to the sweatshop, and better this be finished by the end of the week, or else.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #358 on: March 11, 2015, 10:54:47 pm »

Goddammit, Meph, what are we not paying you for? Back to the sweatshop, and better this be finished by the end of the week, or else.
Or else what?

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 11, 2015, 11:17:27 pm »

Or else what?

I... I never thought that far.

Or else... I will ask politely?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27