Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 66946 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - The Game Begins
« Reply #225 on: September 24, 2009, 04:45:44 pm »

Actually Zai, everyone's vote is reset. Nobody besides me has a vote on anyone right now.

Do your thing Alexhans.

Vote Mr.Person.

Sorry ToonyMan, that's just not going to cut it. Nice bandwagoning, btw.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

brothernature

• Escaped Lunatic
  • You really are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 24, 2009, 05:07:11 pm »

It's just really hard to come into the middle of the game. I'll go to sleep and then 6 pages or so happen and I don't really participate as I'm snoozing, so I don't really know what you guys are talking about...Or even half the terms you guys use.

Edit: Quick Grammar fix
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 05:12:49 pm by brothernature »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 24, 2009, 05:09:26 pm »

Actually Zai, everyone's vote is reset. Nobody besides me has a vote on anyone right now.

Do your thing Alexhans.

Vote Mr.Person.

You've been in my sights the whole game.  You're acting really odd.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 24, 2009, 05:11:56 pm »

It's just really hard to come into the middle of the game. I was sleeping while the whole first 6 pages or so happened and didn't really participate, so I don't really know what you guys are talking about...Or even half the terms you guys use.

If you don't know the terms BN, then feel free to ask. We'll be happy to answer questions.

Please don't use it as an excuse to lurk though.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 24, 2009, 05:15:24 pm »

Also: You aren't allowed to edit your posts in mafia.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 24, 2009, 07:53:33 pm »

ok after some shut-eye and a long work day i have deicded the following:

Mr. Person - Although you seem to have calmed down i still think you are scum. i am sorry if i dont make myself clear in my answer but if you look at my past you will see that i dont have a clear sentence structure and my ADD make it hard for me to follow an idea from beginning to end. However, that doesn't mean i avoid questions i have nothing to hide and will gladly banter, joke scumhunt, answer your questions, and push lynches when i feel it necessary.

My reason to vote you however is that you feel scummy as we are not activly scumhunting, i have to go back and read what everyone has said and come up with decisions from there, to me you seem to be acting anti-town... thats all on that i guess...

Alex: You would be my second choices as scum but you seem honestly repentive of you hammer, but that could be a ruse. Mr. P seems to defend you and it has been brought to my notice that this is a scumtell.

BN: i am intrested in what your original post looked like...

@ everyone: i have roleclaimed already so everyone knows i am LeafSlug.

i think i got everything please give me a nudge on anything you want to know about.
Back to Mafia with me!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 24, 2009, 11:08:06 pm »

Everybody! I had the weirdest dream where I saw !vote webadic...

Anyhow, if you don't send me your roles, I will make sure you die.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 25, 2009, 01:38:03 am »

!vote webadict

No, but really, Mr.Person, I don't honestly remember why I wanted you dead but I'll be sure to reiterate once I've slept.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 25, 2009, 04:18:17 am »

So far, the only person who seems really suspicious to me is Mr. Person (because he doesn't seem to be using solid arguments, as I said before), but brothernature also seems off to me, however that is just a feeling. I'll stick to my guns and vote Mr. Person. At the moment, I don't have anything else to say, except that today is Friday for me, so I'm likely to be online most of tomorrow if you want to question me or anything.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 25, 2009, 07:57:24 am »

Well, my reason for voting Alexhans was Mr. Person's defense of him. I found it very suspicious and he seems to be overreacting to a lot of things. Not frothing at the mouth, sure, but his overall writing style seems a little... agitated.

Now, I'd also like you to remember that I don't have as much experience as most of you do, so my inexperience means I don't always make good decisions or arguments.

...That's just going to make you suspect I'm scum trying a "i'm new halp plz" ploy, isn't it?

Anyway, I seem to be overly fond of bandwagoning, so I'm voting Mr. Person now.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #235 on: September 25, 2009, 08:11:20 am »

dakarian is genuinely scumhunting in my opinion.

I've played a lot with Mr.Person on IRC and we've learned to be agressive and look at every single thing.  There's a lot of things that give me town-tells from his part. 

The way in wich he suspected me before seems truthful.

The fact that he was trying to get me nightkilled is very reasonable.  I would do the same.  I actually knew I had to use the kill on day 1 so I could be viewed as nothing more than a townie so as to stay alive because scum would try to kill a PR.  Yes, I am selfish.

Josh gains town points for his play.  He could've shutted up about it.

Quote from: Meph
What if he's lying scum and he has a power that makes lynching him a bad idea for the town?
Dude... This seems one stupid question... There's no game where scum can get lynched without losing... Otherwise... how would town win? 
Like a deadman bomb that kills two people who voted for him or something?
Then he wouldn't use it now.  He would use it when he is near lylo so he can win the game early.  There was NO suspicion on him.  Also... 2 town players for one scum is a fair deal.
Quote from: dakarian
And if he's a role that we definately do NOT want to kill?  Scum Beloved Princess perhaps?
What... the... fuck? ???  Same thing I said to meph... Also, why the paranoia?  If someone admitted scum would you be suspicious that he is some kind of scum that benefits from getting lynched? ???
Quote from: Josh about Mr.Person
Unnecessary hostility duly noted.
so?
Quote from: Mr.Person to Meph
Welcome to what-if land, population: you.
lol
Quote from: Dakarian to Mr.PErson

When you do make an accusation, it's riding on another person's argument.  When Cheetar accused Panda you pushed Cheetar for more info then, when given, went for the vote.  You had NO questions to Panda?  If Cheetar didn't speak out would you had said anything?  Are you trying to get others to do the work for you?   
Cheetar accused pandar for writing in CAPS, lying about the Archerub role and lurking... the first one is joking around wich it may or may not be viewed as a scumtell.  The other 2 are fake.  What's wrong with saying that?  I did it too.  Why didn't you call ME on it?
Quote from: Dakarian to Mr.P
Then once in a while, you jump with someone and tell everyone to not question their actions.  When I did question you strike at me with it.
You're starting to have a lot of flaws in your playstyle.  You're generalizing here.  When I said that you should trust me on not revealing my role before others did people thought it was some sort of stupid scum strategy and Mr.Person (who knows me) suggested that you should trust me when I said I had a reason for I wouldn't do such a thing otherwise.  He did it once.  Not "once in a while".

Take a deep breath.  Leave your emotional ties to the game behind.
Why don't we get Alex to hammer-kill Person when the day resets instead of wasting the days lynch? I'd much rather do that, so if he does flip town, we might have a chance to lynch scum today.
is that your whole contribution?
Sleep is a good idea, thanks you Alexhans. When Webadict shows up, we should all claim to him. What's the worst that can happen?
Isn't this a non-free pm game?
Alright, Mr. Person's arguments seem hollow to me, using verbosity to batter people into thinking he's actually saying something, Therefore I say daykill: Mr. Person. I also think Boksi should say something. He's said less than me! (Sorry about that by the way, but I usually only have internet access in the evening and night, so it's difficult for me to post more than once or twice a day)
He is actually saying something and you're not.  I know that you may have troubles posting... blah, blah but it happens every game you play in.

So pandar... you want to daykill Mr.P and fos diakron and dakarian?  cool... You say both sides of the discussion are scum, righT?

FoS:Pandar
Quote from: Dakarian
As for the lurkers, it's always dangerous to kill lurkers since you're shooting blind and could be wasting a shot.  If they are active but not posting, it's best to pressure them with votes to force them into the air.  If they ignore that, they may not even be in the game and, thus, should be replaced by the moderator.  True lurking is, in the end, a null tell, NOT a scum tell (active lurking, where they post once in a while but give no content is different).  We should be aiming our kills, lynch and daykill, on people who we truly believe are scum.
Lurkers suck.  If we let town lurkers live they will be lynched later in the game to support a scum win.  We better take lurkers first.  They wont be nightkilled and they cant be read.  I know it may be a null tell but I dont care for they LOSE games.  They need to be taken out before its too late.  I definetly welcome a replacement.
Quote from: Boksi
But for now, I'll unvote and vote chaoticjosh. It seems like a decent idea right now, or at least better than trying to lynch Alexhans. Besides, it's getting a clear majority already.

Right now, I'm the most suspicious of Mr. Person, due to his general behavior, but I'm not ruling out anybody but myself.
This guy keeps freaking me out.  He always goes with the herd.

That last sentence is FULL OF NOTHING.  Saying he can suspect everyone and that he suspects the guy in the spotlight for his "general behaviour"... come on!
Quote from: Boksi early in the game
'Ey, I'm here. I'd rather not roleclaim though, since my power is only useful if it's unknown.
I really wonder what role this is... I can't find anything like it in the list of roles.
Quote from: Mr.Person
Oh, and if it makes anybody feel better, Alexhans has made himself less town due to the fact that he doesn't want to take sides in the me vs. Dakarian thing. "Oh, you're both town!" is as close to saying "I don't want to get involved!" as possible. (Even if it is true, which it might be)
Bullshit man... I'm frigging posting what I think about everything... I just didn't have enough time. 

And if you think Dakarian is scum.  You're very probably wrong.
I nominate day-kill on Mr.Person.
Ok... another one that just wants to kill off anyone... first me... now Mr.Person... Give a fucking reason, pretty please.
Quote from: Dakarian
Btw, your statement about Archangel sounds odd.  Arc is the one that wants to kill of lurkers
Arch IS a lurker. 
Hehe. Nice writing, Leafsnail!

Everyone should now PM their role to Webadict. Then we can see what he figures out.
... so it IS free pm... this feels SO breakable...

Josh... do you really think Mr.Person's argumentation was disproportionate?

We are doing the SAME SHIT we always do in bay12... the thing that makes me leave once in a while and forget about this mafias... We always try to lynch ACTIVE people... Absurd!   Lurkers get a free pass because they have no issues but whoever post some gets attacked and if he decides to defend his arguments he will be acted more and more until people think that "Oh! look, he keeps debating and trying to convince us... he must be scum". ::)
Right now, though, I want to hear from Boksi and brothernature the most. Who do you think are scum? Who do you think is town at this point? What is your opinion of everything that happened the first time around for day 1?
THIS!!!  And add RedWarrior0 and Archagel.

Do your thing Alexhans.

Vote Mr.Person.
why should I?  You haven't even explained a thing.

And Mr.P is the second person you're trying to get quickly killed.

Do your thing Alexhans.

Vote Mr.Person.

You've been in my sights the whole game.  You're acting really odd.
Reaaaaally?  That's it??? he is acting odd?  You're bandwaggoning a lot without much explanations.  Why shouldnt I kill you, instead?
Quote from: Diakron
Alex: You would be my second choices as scum but you seem honestly repentive of you hammer, but that could be a ruse. Mr. P seems to defend you and it has been brought to my notice that this is a scumtell.
WHAT is a scumtell?  You don't know my allignment.  You don't know his... He defended me.  I'm defending him now.  What do you make of it?

By the way... I'd rather have 20 agitated players than 10 mild players and 9 lurkers lynching the only agitated player and then sleeping their way to defeat.
Well, my reason for voting Alexhans was Mr. Person's defense of him. I found it very suspicious and he seems to be overreacting to a lot of things. Not frothing at the mouth, sure, but his overall writing style seems a little... agitated.
Excuse me?  Let me see if I have this right... You think Mr.Person defends me so I must be scum?  Then you go and vote him?  And why did you forget to explain this earlier?
Quote from: Boksi
Now, I'd also like you to remember that I don't have as much experience as most of you do, so my inexperience means I don't always make good decisions or arguments.
go Ahead... play THE NEWBIE CARD!
Quote from: boksi
...That's just going to make you suspect I'm scum trying a "i'm new halp plz" ploy, isn't it?
Yes.  A proud newbie tries to overcome his newbness by always trying to convince people and learning from others.

Confirmed town:
webadict

Town reads:
chaoticjosh
Mr.Person
dakarian

Leaning town:
Mephansteras

Neutral:
Diakron
Zaithemaster

Most Scum is probably here:
ToonyMan
Archangel
Cheeetar
Pandarsenic
FireWarrior0
brothernature
Boksi
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 25, 2009, 08:22:41 am »

Alex, I brang up a a good point about Pandar. He lied about the Archcherub role (sorta).
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #237 on: September 25, 2009, 08:26:26 am »

Alex, I brang up a a good point about Pandar. He lied about the Archcherub role (sorta).
I don't agree.  But I was talking about why Dakarian would think that Mr.Person was defending Pandar when he was, in fact, questioning the flaws in your accusation.  As I did too.

Anyway... is there anything else you wish to comment on?
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 25, 2009, 08:42:23 am »

I'm always a little uneasy when nobody is defending someone, but it could be a bus. Also: If Mr. Person is scum I'd say you were too. It might seem too obvious but I still think you would be scum if Person is.
I've played some mafia.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 25, 2009, 08:57:34 am »

Quote from: Alex to me
Josh... do you really think Mr.Person's argumentation was disproportionate?

Yes, I do as a matter of fact.

In fact, I've been trying to see things your way, just to try to get some perspective, so I skimmed through the last few pages...

It started off with Dakarion gaving him a very slight poke, where he then became hostile. It's something he could have shrugged off very easily, but I think he felt the NEED to dispel suspicion, which is an urge I feel is much more present in scum than townies. Also note as he gets more hostile with each post, throwing more than one insult in the process.

It may just be that we're seeing things differently. I see him as scum since he's unduly aggressive and argumentative, while you see him as town because of it. Do I have that right?

We are doing the SAME SHIT we always do in bay12... the thing that makes me leave once in a while and forget about this mafias... We always try to lynch ACTIVE people... Absurd!   Lurkers get a free pass because they have no issues but whoever post some gets attacked and if he decides to defend his arguments he will be acted more and more until people think that "Oh! look, he keeps debating and trying to convince us... he must be scum". ::)

This is one thing I really want to agree with you on though. We're so prone to getting swept up in the current debate, that we forget to drill people that aren't participating.

To this effect, if I may ask a blanket question to everyone, what does everyone think of this little list of Alex's?

Confirmed town:
webadict

Town reads:
chaoticjosh
Mr.Person
dakarian

Leaning town:
Mephansteras

Neutral:
Diakron
Zaithemaster

Most Scum is probably here:
ToonyMan
Archangel
Cheeetar
Pandarsenic
FireWarrior0
brothernature
Boksi

I have my opinions, but before I articulate them, I'd like to hear what some of you have to say.

I'm always a little uneasy when nobody is defending someone, but it could be a bus. Also: If Mr. Person is scum I'd say you were too. It might seem too obvious but I still think you would be scum if Person is.

May I ask you to elaborate on this a bit more?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 60